Mumbai Celebrates Yet Again!

Thread Starter #1
Last edited by a moderator:
Great guys.

Raj(a) we missed both you at VW meet. I thought you will somehow make it at last time. Anyway, we are have anther chance very soon.

Have fun guys.

Thread Starter #6
"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything." - Muhamma Ali​

~ Background ~​

Every Mumbai meet has it own theme - the carNAMA meet was based on Mumbai and Mumbaites' life. The next Winter meet theme was food and occasion, more precisely the farewell of your's truly "raj_5004".

As mentioned in that thread, I had flown to Dubai in quest of better job opportunities. I am glad to inform all TAI'ns/TAIgers that I have secured a place in Hyundai Corporation in Dubai. Hence, I flew back to India and now I will be migrating to Dubai soon with a work permit.

Mumbai members share a very close and well knitted group. We have our Whatsapp group wherein we share each and everything with our buddies. My friends were well aware of my entire recruitment process throughout. I would take this opportunity to thank each and everyone of them and also everyone on this forum who wished me in other threads and through PMs for your kind wishes and blessings. I owe you lots!

I give full credit to TAI. It is because of this forum, that I have made such great friends in life.

~ The Venue ~​

The venue chosen for the meet was Wankhede Stadium club. Special thanks to 'Deepam' for making this happen.

start.jpg

~ The Meet ~​

When I announced about myself coming to Mumbai on our whatsapp group, my dear friends decided it was time for another meet - in the joy of me getting a job and also another farewell! More so, considering that I would not returning back to Mumbai for another 1-1.5 years.

I was really touched by that move, because I honestly wanted to meet everyone before I leave. I have shared a lot of fun moments with these guys and have a lot of fond memories. I wished to relive those once before I leave.

13th was the date which was chosen for the meet. And I am glad to inform that almost all Mumbai members took time off their busy schedules and participated in the meet. Some members genuinely could not make it and we really missed them.

~ The Gang ~​

gang.jpg

Boy O Boy! What a meet it was... We did nothing spectacular. We did not jump off cliffs. We did not do donuts in our cars. All we did was meet, have dinner, chat and bid farewell. B-U-T, I personally had a lot of fun. The "gang" is fully of energetic, sporting and humorous people with whom one can have fun anytime and anywhere! A more detailed description of the happening of the meet will eventually follow... Meanwhile, here are some shots of the attendees -

1x.jpg
2X.jpg
4x.jpg
5x.jpg
6x.jpg
7x.jpg
8x.jpg
deepam.jpg
hars.jpg
keith.jpg
pankajfinal.jpg

Finally, I would once again like to thank each and everyone for their wishes and would also like to bid farewell to one and all. I will also try to be more active on this forum.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
Credits time!

Deepam - Thanks for organizing the location man! The ambience was nice and the food was mouth watering.

Nigel - No meet is ever complete without your photographic skills buddy. And you make sure you are present in each and every one of them. Kudos.

Sandy - Again, thank you for organizing the meet. You are getting better in this with every meet!

Raja - A big applause to your editing skills. I would like to mention here that Raja has been very busy with his work schedules. Yet, he managed to edit the pictures by squeezing some time out... for example, while traveling!

Star of the day -

A limited edition Polo TDi owned by our very own 'Sandy' - specially imported from Germany with light weight CF roof, aluminum body panels, ultra light weight alloys (F1 tech) and no spare tyre (to reduce weight). What is under the hood? Well, that's a tight kept secret by VW. The car is capable of hitting 199 kmph. Last heard, Sandy is losing weight so that it can touch 200 kmph.

What a meet it was, simply amazing. We had lots of fun together and had great food too.

I think raj you should come everymonth this way from dubai so everymonth we can celebrate your farewell in such a lavish manner meeting everyone and having lots of fun together.

Again our cameraman and director have done a great job in making all of us feel so good and special.

Thanks everyone for joining in as some people came from too far and it is a big round of applause for them as they just made a effort to be there and make this meet so special.

All in all i personally had a great time this time and we can say that this was amongst one of the best and special meets of mumbai.

And special thanks to our editor raj for such a lovely writing.

Thankyou everyone.

Well after reading what Raj has written in his experience above i feel completely speechless and emotional that we are going to loose one of our members but at the same time very happy for the fact that he is prospering in life and will be living his dream.

Now i did mention that i am speechless but not writing something about this wonderful meet and people will be really wrong.

I still remember the time i had met these members during the Mumbai Carnama meet. I was pretty nervous at the meet but these members made me feel at home. I am thankful to TAI, because of this forum i was able to meet such wonderful people. We all are from different Religion, Profession and age group but the one thing that bonds all of us together is the passion for automobiles.

Well i wont be able to write much out here as i am really short of words and i think that even all the words wont be able to describe each member as they all are special in their own ways.

For all those members who could make it to the meet thanks for making it to this meet enjoyed a lot. For all those members who could not make it, I know that you'll were busy with some really important work and hope that will make it to the meets in the future.

Again wishing Raj_5004 a Good and Prosperous future.

Nicely expressed and particularly written Raj_5004, felt very emotional while reading. Althogh it's my second meet with TAI guys and first with Mumbai Gang, for a single moment didn't feel at all like I am a newbie to the group. The enjoyment, love and most importantly the bonding which you guys have is really awesome. Really enjoyed a lot with you guys & had a great time. [:)]

Hope Raj_5004 we can meet you early again in future and also waiting for another meet soon to have blast. [clap]

And hartly thanks a lot to nickandre for lovely pictures, raja and deepam for their efforts to setting up the meet and sandykudva for coordinating all.

I am sure Sandy gonna write something special on XUV after reading that wight losing..

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
And special thanks to our editor raj for such a lovely writing.
Nigel - cameraman
Raja - director n screeplay
Sandy & Deepam - Producer
raj_5004 - Script writer

The rest - Artists (Vela!)

Althogh it's my second meet with TAI guys and first with Mumbai Gang, for a single moment didn't feel at all like I am a newbie to the group.
That is because you were not a newbie! We all share one thing in common - love for automobiles.

I am sure Sandy gonna write something special on XUV after reading that wight losing..

SIR SANDY
did drive my humble car while I was nervously watching his amazing driving skills from the passenger seat. When I asked him how it felt, I could feel my forehead sweat and a lump in my throat.

Very disappointingly he looked down, nodded and said, "Feels heavy". Sigh. [cry]

[surprise]

I forgot to mention -
# The sticker on the boot adds 27.3 bhp as tested on a dynamo-meter.
# The HIDs are simply awesome, helps him when he is driving at supersonic speeds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks to be wonderful short meet again with Mumbai TAIgers !! who are really excellent with their enthusiasm for the meets which I have seen them at recent Pune meet.

Congrats Raj for your new assignment, I wish you all the best !!

Special appreciation for the photography head.

Yes, Sandy and his Polo both are excellent in their own respective professions[clap]

Looking forward to meet all of you very soon in Mumbai

Note: Please correct the date in the first pic of post number 6 as month is mentioned as "4" which should be 3

Wow, Once again a great meet by Mumbaikars.

Although I was not part of this meet physically, but I was part of all the discussions and planning. And there was no lack of enthusiasm at any time.

I am missing these meets so much, I have no words to express it. Being part of the planning and discussions, but cannot attend the same.

Anyways, Nice pics and All the best Raj. Wallah Habibi. :-)

What more can i add in? *scratches head*
Well with mumbai every meet has a different purpose, every time we go to some great place hog up.
The meet was in short awesome. Deepams good choice for dinner followed by some awesome dessert of fruit salad loaded with whipped cream. Being a hard core non veg it would be hard for me to even try out some veggies but at the place we dinned I enjoyed the veg more then the non veg especially the stir fried exotic vegies celery, baby corn, mushrooms, zuccini what an awesome combination with a nice light soya sauce n hints of balsamic vinegar stir fried to perfection.
Also we had another mumbai member join us for the meet i.e HaruH, silent guy but an amazing person.
A big thanks to raja as well for the awesome edits and to the rest of the team for being present.
All the best Raj wallah habibi always get bounty and snickers when your coming back to india for a vaccation or any other thing.

Last edited:
Well like always it was yet another wonderful meet .

The entire credit goes to cruiser for deciding the venue , a uber cool and posh venue like the wankhede stadium club . and sandykudva who organized the entire plan of action for the meet .His organizing skills are un matched in the Mumbai group at least .

iam a hard core non-veg eater but the vegetarian food I ate in the club is one of the finest vegetarian food I have ever had so far .

thanx to raj_5004 too for giving us a wonderful reason to have a meet by sharing with us a very important news and have all the fun we had together . and wishing you super success for your future endeavours .

All in all it was a fun filled meet with some amazingly tasty food , and lot of bonding between members .

Gurrala74;372796]Special appreciation for the photography head.

To be honest there is no photography head or head for anything in the group or for a meet , its just that we divide certain task within ourselves to make things easy and carry them without any interference from the rest of the members of the group .

For example it is a task assigned to raj to present the meet on the forum with his superior writing skills , similarly sandy gets no interference from group members when it comes to organizing the entire event .

Venue deciding/ suggesting task changes every meet , last meet it was sandy this time it was cruiser next meet can be someone else . in the end the suggested venue gets fixed only after the approval of all members .

All have cameras , hi tech phones with cameras yet clicking pictures task is by default handled by nickandre for his expertise in photography at least among us .

Similarly all including me give their contribution in terms of time or skill as per the group decides .

Hence there is no head for anything in the group or for a meet who decides everything , its just a team work which is divided among all the members and is executed in a organized way with reporting to the entire group .

Looking forward to meet all of you very soon in Mumbai
Sure

Note: Please correct the date in the first pic of post number 6 as month is mentioned as "4" which should be 3
Yes that was my mistake , in a hurry I typed a wrong date .

@all - kindly read that as 13-3-2014 , and forgive for the error .
Wow, Once again a great meet by Mumbaikars.

Although I was not part of this meet physically, but I was part of all the discussions and planning. And there was no lack of enthusiasm at any time.

I am missing these meets so much, I have no words to express it. Being part of the planning and discussions, but cannot attend the same.
Although you are actively involved in the planning and organizing stage with your invaluable suggestions your physical presence is missed in every meet like always .

The meet was in short awesome. Deepams good choice for dinner followed by some awesome dessert of fruit salad loaded with whipped cream. Being a hard core non veg it would be hard for me to even try out some veggies but at the place we dinned I enjoyed the veg more then the non veg especially the stir fried exotic vegies celery, baby corn, mushrooms, zuccini what an awesome combination with a nice light soya sauce n hints of balsamic vinegar stir fried to perfection.
+1000 , couldn't have explained better then you .
A big thanks to raja as well for the awesome edits
They are not possible if the pictures are not clicked by you , which is like always a selfless effort from you .

and to the rest of the team for being present.
This the most important thing . without members there will be no meets and the kind of spirit and enthusiasm shown by every member is beyond words.

Some important things

1) Johny boy was missed badly . because when he is around he talks less , but when he talks there are no words after that its only roaring laughter from all of us .
2)members sukupatel, silverlxnano, patkar were missed in the meet .

3) thanx to our member zengetz for his important suggestions and help in our meets .

Last edited:

Top Bottom