Multiple Issues in Maruti Suzuki Swift (2021)

Thread Starter #1
Hello, hope all members are doing well.

Major issues at present:
1) Car has completely lost stiffness while driving.
2) Car seems to be little cross from rear It has incline on left.
3) Pick up is sluggish and tried to take it above 80 kmph but failed.
4) RPM is not stable in ideal, whether A/C is on or off even while driving.
5) Drastic change in sound during ignition, driving, engine stop, ideal with A//c on or off. Intermittent sound from shockers, braking.

I would need help and this is little long to read. PLEASE HELP

I was on night drive abt 2 month back, with 3 friends (1 in front 2 at back) in Swift. I was speeding somewhere @ 90- 100 when I accidentally jumped my both left tyres in big n sharp pothole. Car was shaken at that moment and also a bang sound which was less in front and harsh at back. But it appeared to as no damage and car moved on. I stopped and checked there was no bend or damage to wheels or tyre.

Here I started getting mild vibration on right wheel. It was intermittent. After a week of incident i started getting vibration from engine bay specially at ideal or when standing with a/c on. It kept on increasing as the days passed by. 3 week later, I got curious and went to service center. 2 advisor took trial and said its fine. They said as car oil is not changed being a new car u may get little more vibration which will resolve on oil change (I doubted this). I feel they fasten the engine to suppress sound.

Later I thought it would be ok and continued my driving. I had forgotten that incident. Sounds from ideal engine remained with intermittent front right vibration. Some times and intermittent got metal sound from left side back just for less then second. Specially when some one sits at that side or hand is pulled and if i move in standing car to get something.

Tried to notice unusual sound from outside while driving, but dint get any unusual sound. Like from my experience i know if there is issue sound changes first in any of the auto or machine. I thought as its new car I'm getting sounds and little vibration as said. I was driving mostly sober, cautious, good roads and just with 1 of my friend or alone since then majority of times. Issue remain same with sounds, vibration and if some one sits or I move until 3 days back.

I was driving little roughly as I was in hurry on highway with 3 more people in car. Lane cutting, speeding, zig zag n all. I got patch of road which was having pothole for about 1 km where I drove cautious and slow.

Afterwards in next 10 to 12 km i was @ 80-90kmph, and I experienced little drop 10 -15kmph in speed even though was holding accelerator on same pace. Vibration kicked in which was more harsh than previous regular once . At that time sound also changed a little and car felt to be bend from front or also it felt like engine is fallen. AC cooling also reduced for brief period.

After that I stopped and found every thing appeared to be fine except vibration and change in firing sound from engine. Car had lost pick up and it was struggling to go above 80 kmph even @ full throttle. Tried gears like 3 4 5 also but low pick up and has not gone above 80 that day. I came home and just opened bonehead, was getting clutch burn smell little and engine bay was hotter than usual. I have habit of checking wheels, bonehead and hear sounds to identify problems or to identify them in future via changes in temperature, various sounds, unusual vibration etc.

I rushed to service center in morning. As car got cooled at night, problem seems to be reduced by 30 to 40%. Trial was done and I got same feedback like earlier ' everything is fine'.... This time I made them put car on jack to go through bottom. It was muddy there in bottom. Technician just went through for name sake and said it appears fine. I told them do alignment which was not proper. They scanned for error codes but dint find one. I doubt on scanning and also if they were interested at all to find issue. I took trial felt car was much fine to 60-70% or like little more bad than previous one but not as yesterday. They said all is fine, but its not as of now.

I did alignment again from local area today, and it was out again. He did proper alignment and wheel balancing . Front tyres shifted back and vice versa. Got my 4 friends to sit and car seems to be struggling for pick up and also normal run. I checked when they were seated and gap was very less between body and rear wheels.
*Sound which is heard for less then second but from parts where there was no sound. Gear shift knob, hand brake. During first ignition while I press clutch paddle dhubb sound kicks in for second. Starting sound has changed.
INTERMITTENT

* Car feel to be running little diagonal instead of straight. Feels front wheels are straight and pulling rear wheels which is diagonal or trying to drag rear wheels which are locked or fixed. Car appears to be jumping from rear while driving. Feels car will revolve from rear.
INTERMITTENT AND SERIOUS

#Rpm increase drop on its own in ideal. Car tends be sluggish at lower rpms and thn take pick up but not like when it was fine. Cant take above 80kmph with single driver forget about loading. COUNTINUOUS AND SERIOUS

*RPM fluctuate in ideal and pick up is sluggish. When clutch is released without acceleration car pick ups in half or 3/4 th clutch and slows down when full clutch release. It is unstable at lower RPM. Instead of going faster in 2nd and so on gear shift without accelerator, car slow down and appears it will stall.
COUNTINUOUS AND SERIOUS

*Earlier cabin light use to be stable when songs were played in high volume and honking together. Now it appears to be little flicking when honked.
Takes little long self to start.
INTERMITTENT

* Also when car cool downs I feel oil dropping in engine. Feel comes via left foot near clutch pedal. It feels same like, sitting on bike seat with stands on and hot engine . Little Vibration in steering and also engine is shaking more than earlier. Engine feels to thrive.
COUNTINUOUS AND SERIOUS

* Speed not going above 80 in 4th either 5th gear even though full accelerator given. Accelerator release and repress doesn't seem to be working either. Intermittent sound while turning from wheels during drive and steering if rotated at stand still. I am getting vibration which is quite high on right front now.
COUNTINUOUS AND SERIOUS

Service center is not really helping. . Giving excuse or denying fault.
I changed horn bit in same wiring provided by company. One relay for head light bulbs installed. White led light in fog light.
Can these all changes cause such issues with car?

Ask if you want any more details. I have videos which are not getting uploaded here due to larger file size even after compression.

Please advise me on:
1- What is causing problem?
2- Can that bang lead to engine damage?
3- Can car banged on pothole damage chassis or bend it?
4- Is problem with whole car or particular component?
5- How to get it resolved from Maruti?
6- Is service center avoiding diagnose and resolution purposely. Or they are really not able to catch the issue?

Sorry to write so long but dont have options. I am in car n writing this post. Wish to get good solution and advise. Worried abt my new car also not feeling safe to drive it.

Thank you for your time.
Anshul Agarwal

Last edited by a moderator:
Point 1. Swift's one of the engine bedding is hydraulic, because of pothole incident it can be damaged, it will cause engine vibration, loss of pickup etc.
Point 2. Post the snap shot of alignment report, I will let you know if any damage to chassis.

Thread Starter #3
Okay sir, i dont have report as of now. I have done alignment twice. Should I do the alligment again n give i the report.

Top Bottom