is mjd reliable

• yes

Votes: 38 92.7%
  • no

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters
FIAT after sales service

Hi ..

I am owning FIAT PUNTO EVO EMOTION 1.3 Multijet.
I got engine issue that engine is consuming too much oil to run only 1500km only.
I raised a complaint against it in FIAT but they really don't care about costumer. And after sales service is really bad. I have asked them to change the engine as its in warranty but they totally refused and keep saying that we ll check your vehicle and they took almost 25 days for analyse my car and saying we need to change the PISTON because engine having issue but they were not ready to change the whole engine.

I was in impression that FIAT is a master in Diesel Engine but now I can see FIAT engine got faulty in just 1 year.

I would suggest not go for FIAT for any cost .....

Hi iam Vinoth i own tata manza for last 10k kilometers my egr is failed so recently i changed my new problem is black smoke and no millage it goes only 5kmpl in city and 12kmpl in highway any one give me a solution i doubt in injector & head valves due to carbon in intake manifold

I have a Swift VDI 2009 model run 94k kms. The engine is very reliable no doubt. But it is a very difficult engine to work on maintenance wise from a DIY perspective. The parts are difficult to access with very limited space to work on. On high mileage engines the injector removal is difficult due to rust. Intake manifold bolts break during removal due to rust. I feel there are design issues in this engine to prevent water ingress which causes problems during parts removal. [frustration]

Re: FIAT after sales service

Hi ..

I am owning FIAT PUNTO EVO EMOTION 1.3 Multijet.
I got engine issue that engine is consuming too much oil to run only 1500km only.
I raised a complaint against it in FIAT but they really don't care about costumer. And after sales service is really bad. I have asked them to change the engine as its in warranty but they totally refused and keep saying that we ll check your vehicle and they took almost 25 days for analyse my car and saying we need to change the PISTON because engine having issue but they were not ready to change the whole engine.

I was in impression that FIAT is a master in Diesel Engine but now I can see FIAT engine got faulty in just 1 year.

I would suggest not go for FIAT for any cost .....
How much has your car run? Is it new or preowned?

Hey Guys!

I have an SX4 D which has run 1lakh+. The engine drinks oil like a fich (~1litre per 1000km) and smokes (thick black smoke) like a chimney above 3000 rpm. Any thoughts as to what is happening, and what I should be doing about it?

Thread Starter #21
Hi, sad to note the problem.
Oil consumption may be due to turbo failure,
Valve seal failure
Oil in coolant
Engine head leak

Symptoms
White smoke after 20kms of drive
Revving engine for 3k rpm, can generate white smoke denoting oil inside combustion chamber

Diagnosis
Famous diagnosis is checking engine compression on all cylinders
Turbo fins visual inspection, fins must not shake if moved,
Too much oil in intercooler, more than 20ml if dripped

Best solution if under warrenty

Full engine replacement including turbo

Partial solution
Change turbo from spare car and check problem solves and change new turbo,
Else with compression readings, we need to decide weather pistons and block need to be changed or the engine head.

Black smoke is because of too much fuel inside chamber,
This may be due to many reasons,
O2 sensor failure or dust accumulation,
Injector leak or injector needs to be cleaned
Fuel pressure sensor taking false reading (worst case)
Egr needs to be cleaned
In neutral, if you rise, black smoke is normal
Try cruising in 3k rpm in 4th, check the smoke.

Oil issue can be diagnosed as per the instruction's I have mentioned above.

Hi, try using rustleak before unbolting, and cheers for taking , DIY
Regularly cleaning injector and pipes keeps the intake clean and keeps cool and increases performance

Hello Good evening I am Raju from Bangalore.....
I run a multi brand service centre, Currently we have overhauled Chevrolet Enjoy 1.3 SDE engine and facing a peculiar problem. Engine fired normally after idling for 1 hour engine stalled on its own, and does not fire whilst hot, but starts again when it is cold.........
request someone to throw some light on this issue...
Thank You Raju Gajendragad

I own a beat diesel 2012 model, 48K kms run so far. Just wanted to know if it requires intercooler, EGR valve and injector cleaning? When accelerator is pressed, it gives slightly black smoke which is visible. Check Engine Light is also glowing.

Please suggest.

I own a beat diesel 2012 model, 48K kms run so far. Just wanted to know if it requires intercooler, EGR valve and injector cleaning? When accelerator is pressed, it gives slightly black smoke which is visible. Check Engine Light is also glowing.

Please suggest.
Pls check the error code first, if it indicates low boost pressure then check intercooler and turbo plumbing for leaks or cracks, then turbo. A leaky egr valve can cause boost leak which causes black smoke & less pickup. In case cleaning is required then first do Ic & egr & lastly injector cleaning.

Please suggest.
Is there any drop in acceleration/ FE? If yes. does the car take a longer time to start after parked for a day? if yes check Fuel filter, injector lines and sedimenter.

If there is no drop in FE or acceleration, it could be soat build up in exhaust. Rev the car hard.

Too early for a malfunctioning of injectors or EGR.

Hi All, I have recently bought a used Fiat Linea Emotion Pack Petrol. And I am facing late starting problem I have to crank it 6-7 times everyday but once it starts it doesn't create any problem in starting another 4-5 hrs. After that I have to repeat same process. I have got following things done throttle body checked, Oil filter changed, fuel motor changed. In addition to above all it is showing check engine light all the time. Can anybody please help me with this problem.

Top Bottom