Multi-Tasking while Driving

Thread Starter #1
Here is a guy, caught on freeway, who’s reading a book, using a Kindle and finally a cell phone all at once, while driving - YouTube - Multitasking While Driving

Question is what all tasks you do while driving. The most common would be listening to music. Please share yours.

Good thread! I just enjoy my driving first of all! The things i do next are chat with friends if any in car , listen to music.

We should actually not do anything else other than these! I have seen lots of people speaking on the phone and even texting while on the move! Road safety at its very best!![frustration]

I hope girls and ladies are master in this.

I just speak with other while driving ,

sometimes a call rarely while in highway at free road , - mostly i'll give my phone to person in next seat and ask him to answer or pick up the phone and say driving and cut off.

Some times it will be difficult to pick the phone as the seatbelt covers over the pocket. hehe

And some wicked times!! cruise at high speed and capture them!!

350Z

Core Team
This video recalls me of an incident. A person was driving by sitting half on co-driver seat and at the same time, calmly reading the newspaper. Later on, he was behind the bars and charged with an appropriate legal action. Bottom-line is that such activities should not be performed (at least on public roads) where they pose a threat only to one’s own life but to others life too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nice thread! I always listen music or sing a song if no one is sitting. LOL Or else i talk to the co-passenger.

In USA, one trucker was caught reading newspaper and controlling the steering with his feet, what more, he posted himself on youtube and was instantly in jail!

I used to drive alone most of the times,and I listen to songs while driving like others.
The other things which i do while driving are sight-seeing,when i come across a nice scenic environment,and of course,any car which attracts me.
I do attend my phone,if i get a call,which is quite rare.I do get some messages,which i read while slowing down the car.

The other things which i do while driving are sight-seeing,when i come across a nice scenic environment,and of course,any car which attracts me.
I do attend my phone,if i get a call,which is quite rare.I do get some messages,which i read while slowing down the car.
Keep your eyes on the road ALWAYS while driving. How can you do this?[surprise] Its quite shocking to learn that you do this.

Keep your eyes on the road ALWAYS while driving. How can you do this?[surprise] Its quite shocking to learn that you do this.
There is nothing to get shocked,my eyes will always be on the road,in fact i usually have a constant look at all my mirrors namely my both ORVMs,IRVM and the front windshield.
These are the things i do while driving,and not always,as i have already mentioned about my limited or very limited usage of mobile phone.

I used to drive alone most of the times,and I listen to songs while driving like others.
All these were not expected from a member of TAI![anger] Nways be careful while doing all these stuff.

There is nothing to get shocked,my eyes will always be on the road,in fact i usually have a constant look at all my mirrors namely my both ORVMs,IRVM and the front windshield.
These are the things i do while driving,and not always,as i have already mentioned about my limited or very limited usage of mobile phone.
No offence, But that is no excuse and the law of the land is such that you are not even allowed to talk via a Bluetooth.

Accidents are also limited in a sense and happen occasionally or rarely to a person, I mean no one ever intends to or expects to be a victim or contributor. But it still happens and people kill and get killed. No matter how good you are at the wheel, you are not at your 100 percent while driving and attending a phone. You are doing two things at a time and your attention is shared and compromised between the two things.

Another fact is almost all of the people I know including myself have met with an accident minor or major. Our roads are dangerous already and I dont think you need to be a contributor in any way. I mean statistics are that you are more likely to get involved in an accident and die than become the prize winner of a bumper lottery.

Last edited:
All these were not expected from a member of TAI![anger] Nways be careful while doing all these stuff.

No offence, But that is no excuse and the law of the land is such that you are not even allowed to talk via a Bluetooth.
Accidents are also limited to an individual in a sense, I mean no one ever intends to or expects to be a victim or contributor. But it still happens.
I don't use my mobile often,and if i get a call,that will be my mom,dad or my brother.When i see their name being pronounced by my mobile,i used to slow down my car,if on highways and if in city drive,i just cut their call and then call back after i reach my destination.
I travel on highways often,and during city drives,my mobile never gets a call.
Thanks for your safety concern guys,and i will always be careful when i see any vehicle/pedestrian/animals on any of my mirrors and on the road.

Shocking videos jalex and it will teach others a lesson. More than speaking , texting is even more dangerous!

@ Surendar Your last post is encouraging , i hope everybody follows it!

Usually, I do one single task at a time, i.e. Driving. Fact is my City i-Vtec dont have an audio player, except for the stock USB port ( which I guess is used not more than 2-3- times in last year. ) All I do is to concentrate on driving, and driving better.

Chatting/talking happens usually, so no fuss about it. Thats all.

In past i have the habbit of attending the calls / sms while driving (irrespective of 4 wheeler or a 3 wheeler)
Stopped it after a small accident, thank God no major injury. Escaped with few scratches.
Now started avoiding calls while riding bike and using my earphones in car for certain unavoidable calls, that too not in city traffic

Top Bottom