Multi-Tasking while Driving

IMO Multi tasking dring driving is the worst thing driver can ever think of doing. I agree one cannot avoid it completely, but it should be to the maximum extent. I normally do not attend phone calls(if they are'nt urgent) while driving, but still if i have to attend them for any reason, i pull my car to the side track and then start the conversation.

This happened to one of my friends in US where he was driving in a freeway and his phone rang ( which was on the passaenger side seat ) , he tried to pickup but the phone slipped fell down on the floor. He tried to reach it with one hand on the wheel and without intension he turned the wheel to the left and in panic he braked very hard . The car ( Toyota Camry ) made a 180 degree turn and stopped in wrong direction facing the traffic . Luckily for him the freeway was empty and did manage to turn around in time.

1.Talking to passengers sitting in the car
2.Listening music
as far as mobile is concerned usually i don't answer and call back when i reach my destination but in case of emergency calls(like caller calling second time) i stop the car on the side and then answer the call not because of penalty but safety of other road users and mine too.

As like all TAI'ans,I will hear songs & chat with friends or family members those who are traveling with me.

When I'm in long drive, I'll take some snacks, which are given by my Dad(he will be in Co-driver seat).

If no snacks are available, I eat Chocolates (I always keep some bunch of Chocolates or Center-fresh in my car for Long drives)[:D]

Funny !!! Isn't it !!!!

Just wanted to share the incident/accident happened today.

Today I was on my scooter way back to home from borivali using link road. At one of the signal I was waiting to turn signal green.

Suddenly I felt a jerk from behind and scooter moved a feet ahead. Got a jerk in my lower and my wrists.

Suddenly a thought came to my mind, not again. Some one rear ended me , but this time on scooter. I looked back and a person on a bike was showing his hand to me apologising , and I said laughing loud drive slowly mate. Then he came ahead and informed me that his bag was falling so tried to handle it and rear ended me. Although there is no lose.

But after everything got over, I thought it is not my car's back that's jinxed, but its mine back that's jinxed. [lol]

Whatever I drive, my mistake or not, I am bound to be rear ended. [lol]

I have seen people reading new paper literally in Texas B2B traffic. I have seen people shaving and girls doing make up during morning hours in USA. I have seen some <Censored> things too while I was driving in Florida.

In Bangalore, I see lot of cabbies on call while driving.

In past i have the habbit of attending the calls / sms while driving (irrespective of 4 wheeler or a 3 wheeler)
Stopped it after a small accident, thank God no major injury. Escaped with few scratches.
Now started avoiding calls while riding bike and using my earphones in car for certain unavoidable calls, that too not in city traffic
good you have stoped using phones whilw driving.

Always I have called tunes specific for each group. Special tune for my wife. Same way for my bozz and office colleuges.

So based on the caller tune I will decide whether to pick the call or not. If I need to pick the call mostly I park on the side. Very few occations, if am driving bike I will insert the phone into helmet and talk. If it is car, I will turn on speaker phone and keep talking.

using my earphones in car for certain unavoidable calls, that too not in city traffic
Instead you can start using bluetooth device. I found this on net. May be buying it at some point of time

HABITACLE.jpg

SON.jpg

MP.jpg

CASQUE.jpg

This happened to one of my friends in US where he was driving in a freeway and his phone rang ( which was on the passaenger side seat ) , he tried to pickup but the phone slipped fell down on the floor. He tried to reach it with one hand on the wheel and without intension he turned the wheel to the left and in panic he braked very hard . The car ( Toyota Camry ) made a 180 degree turn and stopped in wrong direction facing the traffic . Luckily for him the freeway was empty and did manage to turn around in time.
Man that was horrible. cant even think about what would have happened if there was a trafic

As like all TAI'ans,I will hear songs & chat with friends or family members those who are traveling with me.

When I'm in long drive, I'll take some snacks, which are given by my Dad(he will be in Co-driver seat).

If no snacks are available, I eat Chocolates (I always keep some bunch of Chocolates or Center-fresh in my car for Long drives)[:D]
Me too do the same.

• Chat with family/friends whomever travelling
  • Listen to music
  • Eat [whomever sit in co-driver seat should keep supplying me the snacks]

Recently, I have seen many people smoking while driving. I thought it was banned. But don't know it perfectly. Is it allowed to smoke while driving?

Recently, I have seen many people smoking while driving. I thought it was banned. But don't know it perfectly. Is it allowed to smoke while driving?
I do not remember any ban on smoking while driving. If anything like that pls let me know. I do sometimes when am driving with my friends or alone which is very very rare since most of the times my drivings are with my family

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I do not remember any ban on smoking while driving. If anything like that pls let me know. I do sometimes when am driving with my friends or alone which is very very rare since most of the times my drivings are with my family
you cannot smoke in public area so obviously you cannot smoke while driving just like liquor.

Top Bottom