MPL Ford (Pondicherry) Poor Service Experience

Thread Starter #1
Hai folks as everyone know my ford fiesta.
I Left my car for service in the pondicherry ford showroom on wednesday got my car back on firday night.

Had my car for three days but after i went to the showroom they took my car for washing after i had went there.
The bill amount was about 19k
nothing was done it seems.But they changed the timing belt and some other pulleys and bearings it seems.

I had all the wheel caps in my car tied but after the service there were no threads on my wheel cap for which i lost my wheel cap on my way return home.After returning home i realised that my car was not at all washed properly. as i was back from my trip to karnataka in rains.The dust were as such in the interiors today morning went to ford for the wheel cap and washing properly.Washed my car took it out today, i again spotted some dirt, then took it to the wash bay and gave back it after 10 Mins but the dirt were same[frustration]

Without speaking anything took my car back.
I have asked for the wheel cap replacement for free.now they have accepted it asked for us to come on monday or tuesday again.
What can i say to the people making me to take my car for service and other a week of time?
The another complaint about engine immobilizer light which they say,your car dont have that feauture.

To my arguement
mine is 2007 SXI (they say its not in my car)
dads friend one 2006 ZXI (myself saw the lights flashing)

so i have asked our 350z for the owners manual about PATS and engine immobilizer.
Any fiesta owner of 2007 model or 2008 that you have your pats or not.
REGARDS
RAJ

350Z

Core Team
The bill amount was about 19k. nothing was done it seems.But they changed the timing belt and some other pulleys and bearings it seems.
Please share the breakup of the billed amount.

After returning home i realised that my car was not at all washed properly. as i was back from my trip to karnataka in rains. The dust were as such in the interiors today morning went to ford for the wheel cap and washing properly.
It is a norm at most of the service centers. They just cannot do things right at one visit. I too have experienced the same with Ford.

The another complaint about engine immobilizer light which they say,your car dont have that feauture.
SXi should be equipped with immobilizer. Does the light used to flash earlier? I would suggest dropping a mail to Customer Care (custmail@ford.com).

Drive Safe,
350Z

found it has one :-

This new Ford Fiesta SXI will stand out amidst the upper midsize segment and will take Fiesta's premiumness to the next level, further strengthening what the brand Fiesta stands for - style, sophistication, quality, fuel-efficiency, unparalleled driving dynamics, advanced safety features and a head-turning chrome finish exterior look.

Apart from its style and sophisticated comfort, there is an equal emphasis on safety, which incorporates the latest in crash energy management systems with Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with EBD. Airbags are standard for driver and front passenger along with the collapsible steering column. A first in its class feature is the fuel cut-off inertia switch, which cuts off fuel incase of a crash. The SXI is secured with central locking and PATS (Passive Anti-Theft system) that immobilizes the engine when the key is turned off.

source :-

New Ford Fiesta SXI Car Launched in India - New Cars & Bikes in India in 2011. Automobile News in India - AutoBlogs

Thread Starter #4
@ 350z
Sure I will share it. Can you pls share that owners manual[cry]
@ threeace777
I sure with that even ikon's have it
But they say my fiesta dont have[lol]

Last edited:
@ rajvel
that doesn't surprise me friend
I was told by same ford care and sales that good driving style will give me 30+ average as claimed [lol]

Thread Starter #6
Hai my small doubt
does the power steering softness is affected by the use of broad tyres.
example my cars tyre size is 175/65 R14 but by the use of upgraded tyres of 195/60 R14.

@ rajvel
that doesn't surprise me friend
I was told by same ford care and sales that good driving style will give me 30+ average as claimed [lol]
they usally say my driving style is bad.If i change it i can get a mileage of 23 KMPL in my car.But i can get only 18KMPL with new tyres.Old tyre i can get 19 KMPL that also i think only the speed limit not because of tyre.
But this time i didnt leave those guys[anger] asked a sales person there "why you people are talking like this" but that guy didnt reply anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
they usally say my driving style is bad.If i change it i can get a mileage of 23 KMPL in my car.But i can get only 18KMPL with new tyres.Old tyre i can get 19 KMPL that also i think only the speed limit not because of tyre.
But this time i didnt leave those guys[anger] asked a sales person there "why you people are talking like this" but that guy didnt reply anything.
Rajvel can you please share the cost of new tyre and pics of your car after upgrading tyre.is it stock or alloy?

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
was told by same ford care and sales that good driving style will give me 30+ average as claimed
It is possible to achieve similar figures but in a restricted environment. Just a good driving style does not help here alone.

@ 350z Sure I will share it. Can you pls share that owners manual
Sure. Here’s the click of “Engine Immobilizer” Section from ownership manual.

Ford-Fiesta-Classic-Immobilizer-Manual.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #10
Thank you Mr Vibhor
I read it .but whenever i switch off or on i cant see any lights in the intrumental cluster.

350Z

Core Team
I read it .but whenever i switch off or on i cant see any lights in the intrumental cluster.
As I suggested earlier, shoot a mail to Ford Customer Care. They will instruct the service center on how to resolve the issue in appropriate manner.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #12
As I suggested earlier, shoot a mail to Ford Customer Care. They will instruct the service center on how to resolve the issue in appropriate manner.

Drive Safe,
350Z
little bit busy so i cant do it now.Waiting for a free time.And a happy news a week before MPL ford has aa inspection from higher officials dont know the result.

Same with the Kolkata Service centre as told by one of my friends. Before buying my new car All New Ford Fiesta was one of my top priority . But my friend advised me not to go for Ford.

Top Bottom