Motor Homes (Caravans) in India

Thread Starter #1
Paracoat Products Limited (PCP) has launched india's first motor home, it will be very interesting to see how the market responds to such product's[clap]
Developed in collaboration with Siam Motor home Co of Thailand and Van Tech of Japan, the PCP Terra is a Motor Home that can also act as a mobile Office for the rich who just can seem to take a break in their daily chores. It is based on the Mahindra Genio Pickup truck but can also be based on the Tata Xenon or any other pickup truck. It can carry 6 people along with the driver in good comfort. It has meeting area can be adjusted to a bed room with capacity of 5 people. It is fitted with all required facilities like Air Conditioner, Heater, Refrigerator, Microwave, Wash room, Shower, shelves (shoes, jackets, night wear, special design drawers for kitchen utensils, Stereo and Multimedia System (TV, Radio, DVD player, mp3 player).

The PCP Terra can be yours if you are willing to shell out 31 and 37 Lakhs deepening on the customization. PCP believes that the best target audience for the Terra is defence personnel, infrastructure companies, corporate houses, travel houses, tourism companies, political parties. PCP plans to launch the showrooms for the Terra first in NCR followed by Bangalore, Hyderabad and Mumbai. The deliveries expected to start in June 2012. First 90 Terras will be imported from Thailand through the CKD route. PCP’s plant has an assembling capacity of 300 PCP Terra home cars in a year and the company plans to expand the capacity to 500 by 2016.
PCP-Terra-1.jpg

PCP-Terra-10.jpg

PCP-Terra-8.jpg

PCP-Terra-12.jpg

PCP-Terra.jpg

Source:
PCP launches Mahindra Genio-based Terra Motor home

Re: PCP Terra – India’s First Motor Home Now Launched

wow great info but it very much look like hilux to me! 31 lakh price is okay IMO but its not practical for everyday!

Re: PCP Terra – India’s First Motor Home Now Launched

Motor home concept is good, but the shape of this vehicle looks more like generator van or ice-cream on wheels [lol]

I would rather buy Tempo/Force Traveler & get it converted by doing some mods. Not only it will be more spacious, but even a.s.s will be better with no issues with spares.

Thread Starter #4
JCBL PLA launches luxury motorhome

Leading bus bodies maker JCBL today announced launch of caravans in technical collaboration with Italy-based PLA.

The company rolled out two variants of ultra luxury motorhome (caravan) vehicles, carrying price tag of Rs 75-80 lakh a unit.

"The state-of-the-art motorhome will be equipped with a lounge, a kitchen, refrigerator, a toilet and a luxurious bedroom to give the discerning buyer a semblance of a comfortable and a spacious home," JCBL managing Director Rishi Aggarwal told reporters here.

Built on the Fiat Ducato chassis, these motorhomes can be seamlessly converted into an office, guest house, as per needs and requirements, he added.

Sensing growing market for such luxurious vehicles in the domestic market, the company has targetted to sell 500-600 units of motorhomes in next three years.

"We are currently testing the market to see the volume. Initially, we plan to sell 100 motorhomes and thereafter we hope to sell 500-600 units per annum in next three years," he said.

The company, which invested a sum of Rs 10 crore for this project, will be eyeing metro cities and major tourist destinations in India for the caravan.

Punjab-based JCBL, which has turnover of Rs 1,000 crore, is manufacturing bus bodies for major domestic players.

It also manufactures integral luxury coaches for intercity and intracity operations under the brand name 'Cerita'.

JCBL PLA launches luxury motorhome at Rs 75-80 lakh - The Economic Times

Caravans / Motorhomes

Shortly Ashok Leyland will be launching STILE. I think STILE is the best vehicle to convert as small motor home. While googling I came across Nissan Evalia NV200 which was converted in to decent camper van for 4 members. Ashok Leyland has excellent service back up and STILE will be a best choice for conversion than Nissan Evalia.
I have uploaded some photos. This Nissan Evalia NV 200 based camper has rock n' roll bed setup, gas hob, wash basin, pop top roof, refrigerator, etc.

Attachments

Last edited:
Somewhere in my heart and mind, I have a hidden desire to own a house on wheels. Though idea doesnt seem practical at the moment.

There is a company in Punjab that is customizing Caravans for quite some time now don't recollect its name. Maybe some members from punjab can throw some light.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom