Most Successful Cars In India.

very true, but then the ratio of laura spotting to cruze spotting is like 9:1!!!

anyways, if its an official figure, then i wont challenge it. maybe cruze is not selling well in mumbai.

very true, but then the ratio of laura spotting to cruze spotting is like 9:1!!!

anyways, if its an official figure, then i wont challenge it. maybe cruze is not selling well in mumbai.
Were most of the Lauraa spotted old gen ones or the new gen ones?
If most of them were the old gen ones, then it is plain simple. The Laura has been selling since a few years, while the Cruze is a recent addition.

Thread Starter #34

350Z

Core Team
premium hatchbacks: i20
entry level sedans: dzire & logan
In Premium hatchback, we can add the Swift which has been a sure shot success in India and for the entry level sedans, the Indigo can fit too.

{i have considered only those cars costing less than 20L ex-showroom, anything more than that, then IMO that car is not meant for the masses & hence not intended to be a huge seller too}
Can’t the cars in those segments be a success which is not meant to sell in big volumes? For instance, in premium luxury car segment, The Mercedes Benz E-Class is a successful model in India where as Volvo S80 is not.

All Maruti hatches except the A star & Zen Estilo…
There’s another – The Versa! However, its sales have now gradually started to pick up after new model is released.

How can anyone forget this car?
It is not about the most successful cars, but it is about successful cars, and IT IS successful.
Period
Ford Endeavour can certainly not be termed as the most successful car in its segment, in India.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Just want to tell you guys something.Doesn't matter if u spot it or not.Maybe its a matter of chance.
For example in a small town like Dehradun(where its easy to spot cars) I have spotted only 9-10 new Cruze.
But just last month I was at the local chevy dealership & was sitting in the managers office(know the owners of the showroom.) There was a chart there that showed the no. of inquiries about a car, no of of bookings, no of sold cars, no of cancellations etc.
The total no. of Cruze's sold till May 2010 were over 50.I did not see so many cars.Does not imply, that Cruze does not sell well in Doon.
So does not matter if u spot it not,its just a matter of luck.

@ siddhant: i do agree that spotting cars are a matter of luck, but thats only for rare or newly launched cars! if you regularly spot new lauras but dont see to many cruzes- the roads are same & the traffic is general, then i imply that the cruze is not selling AS WELL AS the laura.

I spot more Indicas on road than any other because they taxis and they keep on the road lot more than any private cars and also Innovas, does that mean they sell more than any other. No, thats my opinion.

I spot more Indicas on road than any other because they taxis and they keep on the road lot more than any private cars and also Innovas, does that mean they sell more than any other. No, thats my opinion.

+1 to that cartoos. In some places, I see more NHCs and Swifts than Altos, but that doesn't mean that Altos are not many.

Well, I think we are going a little overboard, a bit too OT.
It think it is better to stick to the topic.

Back to the topic:
The Innova is undoubtedly a great hit.
How good is the Xylo in Comparision, not just looking at sales charts?

Arre, i am comparing similar class cars yaar! i wont compare alto with S class, i obviously know that alto will sell more!

but i can compare cruze & laura as they are of the same price band.

btw arkin, innova sells around 3500 a month, xylo sells around 2700, scorpio sells around 3200 & safari sells around 900.

Yes innova is indeed one of the most successful muv.
Arre, i am comparing similar class cars yaar! i wont compare alto with S class, i obviously know that alto will sell more!

but i can compare cruze & laura as they are of the same price band.

btw arkin, innova sells around 3500 a month, xylo sells around 2700, scorpio sells around 3200 & safari sells around 900.
i agree with raj. We can compare cars of same segment. Sorry for disagreement but i spot more civics(and laura) than cruze.

i agree with raj. We can compare cars of same segment. Sorry for disagreement but i spot more civics(and laura) than cruze.
You spot more Civic's & Laura's than Cruze because Civic & Laura have been around for 4 years & Cruze for 8 months.Anyway we have gone offtopic.End of discussion.Sales figures prove that Cruze is ahead of competition.

Innova is a super success.As I said earlier.

Top Bottom