Most Successful Cars In India.

Excellent thread 350Z! I think most of you guys have covered almost all the cars!

What about Qualis guys? It was a great hit before Innova was launched!

Excellent thread 350Z! I think most of you guys have covered almost all the cars!

What about Qualis guys? It was a great hit before Innova was launched!
Nice catch cooldhaya.

Qualis is a hit and i could still see many on roads now. [thumbsup]
Yes. It was. If Toyota had not discontinued it, they would be experiencing even higher success!

i dont think, today in 2010, anybody would buy a qualis.

moreover, with the launch of tavera & scorpio, qualis' sales was affected in a way. it had dropped drastically by 2004-2005, by then the innova was launched.

i dont think, today in 2010, anybody would buy a qualis.

moreover, with the launch of tavera & scorpio, qualis' sales was affected in a way. it had dropped drastically by 2004-2005, by then the innova was launched.
Why not? The Bolero sells so much.
Taxi drivers would still buy the Qualis over the Tavera.
Yeah. Our driver's 2nd boss (from whom we got him)is interested in buying an MUV as a taxi. He is interested in a used Qualis though there are newer taveras available for the same price!

Taxi drivers would still buy the Qualis over the Tavera.
Why not? The Bolero sells so much.

Yeah. Our driver's 2nd boss (from whom we got him)is interested in buying an MUV as a taxi. He is interested in a used Qualis though there are newer taveras available for the same price!
Bolero is much more modern than the qualis, the qualis is a 1980 design! what favours the qualis is the toyota badge though.

taxi drivers to whom i have spoken love the tavera as it gives them more average than qualis & they also claim that chevy's spares are cheaper than toyota's.

AMG

Suspended
I support Arkin's claim.
The taxi drivers I have spoken to prefer Qualis.
One tavera driver told me that he earlier had a qualis, and he feels qualis is 1000 times better.

Most successful models according to my understanding.

Maruti-
i) 800
ii) Esteem
iii) Zen
iv) Alto
v) WagonR
vi) Swift

TATA
i) Safari
ii) Indica
iii) Sumo
iv) Indigo

Chevrolet
i) Tavera
ii) Captiva

Ford
i) Ikon
ii) Figo

Skoda
i) Octavia
ii) Fabia

Volkswagen
i) Polo
ii) Vento

Porche
Cayanna

Audi
Q7

Toyota
i) Innova
ii) Qualis

Hoda
City

Hindustan Motors
Amby

Mitsubishi
Pajero

Mahindra
i) Scorpio
ii) Bolero

Does Captiva really deserve that tag? I don think it can be called a successful car yet. And you left out the big boy Fortuner under Toyota family!

Does Captiva really deserve that tag? I don think it can be called a successful car yet. And you left out the big boy Fortuner under Toyota family!
Also Civic and Accord too. Even though both these are not ruling their respective segments now, they have been a great success in past.

Captiva as a car i feel its complete, better than the remaining Chevy- Its my personal opinion.

Fortuner your very right, thats something i truely missed out. It has changed the whole 20+ SUV segment.

not i10 buddy.
I rarely see any of those in amritsar, nor in delhi
Here in delhi I can see i10 on the roads like maruti 800 used to be during the 80s and 90s.I10 Slowly is increasing on Indian roads,atleast in delhi.Even maruti 800 would have taken atleast 5-6 years to get popular and I10 is just 3 years old.
-----------Next Post-----------
When i think about the most successful car in India, only one thing comes in my mind. Its amby. [glasses]

I totaly agree!!

Last edited:

Top Bottom