Most Stolen Cars in India

So 350z when was your car stolen? Its quite possible the car could have been dismantled if its a well connected group.

350Z

Core Team
So are you getting your car back since the thief is caught ?
He didn’t steal my car.

Any news about your 800? Any clues you've got to know where it may be at the moment?
So 350z when was your car stolen? Its quite possible the car could have been dismantled if its a well connected group.
I have updated the relevant thread with details: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-stolen-new-delhi-need-help-4.html#post240765.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Today there was a guy on a bike staring at the cafe which me & my friends were sitting in,i found him suspicious & went out to look at the cars luckily no issues.
So i want to make this point known to people.

Usually cafe's & hotels are hot spots for car theft & car thieves mark their target & have a lookout to alert if the car owner should return.In some cases they pry out the rear boot lock & prep a key

deville_56

Honoured Member
Many older mercs, mostly C-Classes are ending in Trivandrum, being sold to unsuspected buyers. Past of these cars are mostly unknown, but with proper reregistration documents. My cousin works wih Merc dealer here and he says most are tampered and bashed cars, sold to current owners and they end up paying hefty sum for repairing it back to full glory, usually bills comes in 1.5+ L for repairing the damage, last one being 4L for a cheated lawyer. He was about to get a top-end Innova and he fell prey for a broker at dealer ship. He was sold a reregistered C-Class not even worth 8L for 17 whopping lakhs. The gang is run buy an old film actor and a minister's close relative. One of their dealer's in in close proximity of my place. I thought it was a luxury rent-a-car guy until I was told by cousin. There were lots of earlier Audi's, Merc's and Skodas. Most cars are from North.

So just curious what happens after vehicle theft. owner files FIR, insurance claim. waits for six months for police to find vehicle. else gets IDV amount from insurance company? or is the reality even more complex?

350Z

Core Team
So just curious what happens after vehicle theft. owner files FIR, insurance claim. waits for six months for police to find vehicle. else gets IDV amount from insurance company? or is the reality even more complex?
Yes. The procedure is similar except that cops don’t bother much to find the car. You get the untraceable report within maximum a couple months.

In the whole process above the most difficult part is to get the "not found" certificate from police.
My case was different. Dealing with cops was easier because of slight influence. But getting IDV is a real chore. Trust me, Tata AIG sucks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

My case was different. Dealing with cops was easier because of slight influence. But getting IDV is a real chore. Trust me, Tata AIG sucks.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Yes sir, believe me it is difficult, try to replicate your experience without the influence you had. [:D]

Private auto insurers are big time nuisance. I always stick to PSUs

Have you been a victim of automobile theft too?

Drive Safe,
350Z
No, one of my close friends had been, we had to run pillar to post to get the compensation from insurance guys.

OT- I do not park my vehicle is places where it can be stolen. If I need to go to such places I would rather take public transport.[:D]

OT- I do not park my vehicle is places where it can be stolen. If I need to go to such places I would rather take public transport.[:D]
Is that really practical though? & may I know where to find that directory which lists all the places from where vehicles are stolen? [;)]

Just curious Autocop/theft alarms/Immobilizer etc .. don't they work? or is it that cars which are stolen usually dont have these installed?

Last edited:
Is that really practical though? & may I know where to find that directory which lists all the places from where vehicles are stolen? [;)]

Just curious Autocop/theft alarms/Imobilizer etc .. don't they work? or is it that cars which are stolen usually dont have these installed?
Mainly open parking spaces, desolate places, and where the car will out of my/any security sight. Saying so, number of car theft in Bangalore are much lesser than other Metro cities. But cars here are more prone to be stolen as majority of them are parked outside in streets. My friend's car got stolen from right in front of his house. It was a M800 Std model.

No security device/alarm is strong enough in India which can prevent theft. The car- jackers get better of all.

350Z

Core Team
Mainly open parking spaces, desolate places, and where the car will out of my/any security sight.
It’s a common fallacy that an automobile theft can take place only in isolated areas with minimum security levels. The modern thieves are smart enough to execute their task right in middle of a crowd within daylight. My car was victimized twice and both the times it occurred in areas with top security levels. Those who rely on authorized parking must also pay attention to their terms and conditions. Most of the hotels’ valet parking slip usually shrugs them off from liability in case of theft or damage.

Just curious Autocop/theft alarms/Immobilizer etc .. don't they work? or is it that cars which are stolen usually dont have these installed?
The anti-theft alarms are simple to break. The immobilizers aren’t foolproof either. There’s no ultimate solution to prevent theft but a combination of different equipments coupled along with some common sense could reduce the chances of a theft to a considerable extent.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom