More New Jaguars on Their Way..

Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended
We have ogled at many interesting Jaguar cars in the past and in the coming few years we might just get to see a Jaguar rival of the BMW 3 series.

And a sporty 4x4 crossover is also on the cards. These two models will be under the XE sports car range.

So if all goes as per plan we might get to see a front-engined, rear-drive car and a X760 style crossover sometime in the future.

According to reports in the media the company might come up with the sports saloon by 2014 and it would not be long before the soft-roader also finds its way into the portfolio, especially after the success of models like Audi Q5 and Volvo XC60 across the world.

Source: cardekho (also on rediff homepage)

Re: Jaguar looking to launch new cars

I would say a great move , under the influence of TATA i think they can do well!

I would personally love to see a car from Jaguar rivalling the 3-series!

Jaguar likely to assemble XF in India

Local assembly will allow Jaguar to position the XF more competitively in India. Lower variants also in the pipeline.

The steep hike in customs duties on completely-built-units (CBUs) from 60 percent to 75 percent in the 2012 Budget has sharply pushed up the prices of imported cars. There has been no increase in tariffs on cars assembled from Completely Knocked Down (CKD) kits. Hence, CKD-built cars attract a much lower duty; a carmaker has to pay 30 percent customs duty on the car provided it comes with a pre-assembled engine, gearbox and transmission. If the components are further knocked down and assembled locally, the duty is only 10 percent.

Among the luxury car brands, Jaguar has been hit the most with this year’s import duty hike as none of its cars are built in India. Its best-selling model, the XF in particular, has a serious price disadvantage against rivals like the Mercedes-Benz E-class, BMW 5-series and Audi A6, all of which are locally assembled.

However, Jaguar plans to set up an assembly operation for the XF in the same facility where the Land Rover Freelander 2 is also assembled. Ratan Tata, in an exclusive interview to Autocar India, said: “We will look at assembling the XF in India if there is a business case for it.” Local assembly would allow Jaguar to launch lower variants like the XF 2.2 to compete head-on with the BMW 520d, Merc E220 CDI and Audi A6 2.0 TDi, which account for the bulk of volumes in the premium luxury car segment.

Jaguar Land Rover combined sold approximately 2,300 cars in 2011. This year, the company is expected to clock close to 2,500 units.

Jaguar likely to assemble XF in India | News | Autocar India

Jaguar likely to assemble XF in India

Local assembly will allow Jaguar to position the XF more competitively in India. Lower variants also in the pipeline.

The steep hike in customs duties on completely-built-units (CBUs) from 60 percent to 75 percent in the 2012 Budget has sharply pushed up the prices of imported cars. There has been no increase in tariffs on cars assembled from Completely Knocked Down (CKD) kits. Hence, CKD-built cars attract a much lower duty; a carmaker has to pay 30 percent customs duty on the car provided it comes with a pre-assembled engine, gearbox and transmission. If the components are further knocked down and assembled locally, the duty is only 10 percent.

Among the luxury car brands, Jaguar has been hit the most with this year’s import duty hike as none of its cars are built in India. Its best-selling model, the XF in particular, has a serious price disadvantage against rivals like the Mercedes-Benz E-class, BMW 5-series and Audi A6, all of which are locally assembled.

However, Jaguar plans to set up an assembly operation for the XF in the same facility where the Land Rover Freelander 2 is also assembled. Ratan Tata, in an exclusive interview to Autocar India, said: “We will look at assembling the XF in India if there is a business case for it.” Local assembly would allow Jaguar to launch lower variants like the XF 2.2 to compete head-on with the BMW 520d, Merc E220 CDI and Audi A6 2.0 TDi, which account for the bulk of volumes in the premium luxury car segment.

Jaguar Land Rover combined sold approximately 2,300 cars in 2011. This year, the company is expected to clock close to 2,500 units.

Jaguar likely to assemble XF in India | News | Autocar India
Fantastic news wow we really need those black cats more on your roads

JAGUAR XF SEDAN WITH THE SUPER FRUGAL 2.2 LITER TURBO DIESEL ENGINE COULD MAKE INDIA DEBUT IN 2012 END

More than a year ago, when the Jaguar first got the 2.2 Liter turbo diesel engine under the hood, a bunch of automotive engineers took the car on a European road trip, getting 18.75 Kilometers to the liter. On the back of that outstanding fuel economy the new small capacity turbo diesel engine delivered for the entry level Jaguar sedan came the announcement from Tata Motors that the Jaguar XF, with the 2.2 Liter diesel engine is on its way to India. Tata Motors, which owns Jaguar-Land Rover plans to assemble the XF sedan in India, through completely knocked down kits.

Now, we seem to have a time frame for the launch of the 2013 Jaguar XF sedan in India, with the 2.2 Liter turbo diesel engine. AutocarIndia Editor Hormazd Sorabjee, has tweeted that the 2013 Jaguar XF 2.2 sedan will be launched in India by the end of 2012, which in other words is just months away. However, the model that will arrive into India will be through the completely built unit(CBU) route. In due course of time, that is from about the end of 2013, Jaguar-Land Rover will begin assembling the Jaguar XF 2.2 in India, at Tata Motors’ former Mercedes Benz plant(which is now being used to assemble the Freelander2 SUV) at Chikhli, off Pune.
Once that happens, expect the price of the Jaguar XF 2.2 to fall to below 40 lakhs, as CKD assembly is expected to steeply reduce the price of this car, considering the big difference in prices between CKD and CBU import routes. The Jaguar XF sedan is a competitor to the likes of the BMW 5 Series, the Mercedes Benz C-Class and the Audi A6. While all of the aforementioned cars are assembled in India, and consequently are priced quite competitively, the XF commands a higher price tag owing to it being imported by the CBU route.
Once CKD assembly begins and prices drop, expect to see the Jaguar XF 2.2 diesel on Indian roads more often than ever before. The 2.2 Liter turbo diesel engine, which is also used on the likes of the Land Rover Freelander2 SUV and the Range Rover Evoque Crossover is a four cylinder unit, that outputs a peak power of 188 Bhp with peak torque coming in at 420 Nm. The engine, on the Jaguar XF sedan is mated to an 8 speed automatic transmission, which is one big reason for the high fuel economy. So end 2012 it is, when Jaguar will officially launch the entry level XF sedan with the 2.2 Liter diesel engine.

Jaguar XF sedan with the super frugal 2.2 Liter turbo diesel engine could make India debut in 2012 end | IndianCarsBikes.in

@visran

Hey this is a amazing news to read, thanks for sharing !!

I liked that Black Rover shown in the article[:)] I feel next 10 years it looks to me it is going to be a complete Auto revolution in India[clap]

I liked that Black Rover shown in the article[:)] I feel next 10 years it looks to me it is going to be a complete Auto revolution in India[clap]
That's right, in fact i remember reading sometime back about Audi India bosses watching Jaguar and LR's move very closely as they feel with TATA's backing they will emerge as a strong competition in a decade or so.

JAGUAR LAND ROVER FINALIZING SUPPLIERS TO LOCALIZE PARTS FOR CARS AND SUVS
As it will be near Pune, I will surely get spy pics here of Jag-LR.
First Mercedes & now Jaguar, two of my favourite car makers in my city.[clap]

Top Bottom