More Bells & Whistles in Fiat Punto 90HP “Sports”

Thread Starter #1
Fiat India will soon launch a limited edition Punto on 18th May.The limited edition variant will be Grande Punto 90 HP sports.It is expected that may be the car will get racing stripes, black finished roof, red stitches on the dashboard, new alloy wheels, rear spoiler, red-coloured rear view mirrors.
Motorbeam

Re: Fiat Punto & Linea 2012 Exclusive Launch Coverage (Page.6)

Fiat India will soon launch a limited edition Punto on 18th May.The limited edition variant will be Grande Punto 90 HP sports.It is expected that may be the car will get racing stripes, black finished roof, red stitches on the dashboard, new alloy wheels, rear spoiler, red-coloured rear view mirrors.
Motorbeam
That's good. Maybe it is an attempt to boost sales of the 90hp version.

Black finished roof? Nahiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin! I had my roof done in black because everybody were getting their Puntos done in ABARTH style. Now FIAT is giving a black roof as OE... what the heck?

Fiat Punto sports shown at the Auto Expo 2010 -

Fiat_Grande_Punto_Sports.jpg

GOSH! If this is how the Punto Sports will look, then I am happy with my 90hp!

Last edited:
Re: Fiat Punto & Linea 2012 Exclusive Launch Coverage (Page.6)

Sports...Pbuh!!!
That looks like a Red doted Saari clad punto with funny anklets on feets..
even chrome door handles are missing.

Re: More Bells & Whistles in Upcoming Fiat Punto 90HP “Sports”

Hmmm day after tomorrow.

Will Fiat release this 90hp version with the earlier GC?

I want fiat to tune this 90 hp sports version for performance and also improve the drive ability in city.

Fiat remove the sluggishness from this car and I'll buy it next day.
If you want to add 'sport' tag on the car then why that engine-gearbox combo which eclipses the dynamics of the car?
Instead a T-Jet+a new gearbox..and amazingly this wold not have costed above 90 hp diesel too.

well, the sporty factor will surely increase but anything REAL engine upgrade which can define the word "SPORTS" ?

Could we consider Punto not having a peppy engine & short gear ratios as one of the points that people not really looking at it? I have heard lot of people talk in this forum about the Turbo lag in below 1k RPM & the long gear ratios between 1 & 2

Could we consider Punto not having a peppy engine & short gear ratios as one of the points that people not really looking at it? I have heard lot of people talk in this forum about the Turbo lag in below 1k RPM & the long gear ratios between 1 & 2
For a car like punto it is sure disappointing when you press throttle .
with 90 hp under hood in such a small car one expects it to cover 0-100 in 11 seconds but same it does in 15+ secs, how can anybody bear that?What is the point of so so much power and investment ?

Performance wise Punto90hp has never reached upto a premium level ,it just struggles in the range of Figo ,beat region.

Ergonomically it is fully loaded but again aesthetically it is under Figo ,Beat.

So it never was a no-brainer vFM product.[frustration]

Similar is the case with Honda Jazz but it had "H" logo due to which it survived somehow even being petrol premium hatch .

@Jayadev:
You are absolutely right,but couldn't agree on the Jazz point.Why?
With new pricing Jazz is a lot more VFM than before and then the cabin quality,fit and finish and performance all are great too.
In fact its the most comfy hatch too.

@Jayadev:
With new pricing Jazz is a lot more VFM than before and then the cabin quality,fit and finish and performance all are great too.
I cannot believe that,compared to Polo and i20 jazz has to come a long way.

@Jayadev:
I agree with you Vipul but the problem is dealership are not promoting Jazz at that price. You go and ask for the test drive or booking and dealer would say no to you. Reason is simple (i guess) at this price Jazz is not feasible for Honda to gain more profit instead they would earn more by selling Brio with same engine. That is the reason you do not see sales of Jazz are so low. Manufacturing of Jazz is not happening at the pace it should have been considering the amount of public would like to own one.

I agree with you Vipul but the problem is dealership are not promoting Jazz at that price. You go and ask for the test drive or booking and dealer would say no to you. Reason is simple (i guess) at this price Jazz is not feasible for Honda to gain more profit instead they would earn more by selling Brio with same engine. That is the reason you do not see sales of Jazz are so low. Manufacturing of Jazz is not happening at the pace it should have been considering the amount of public would like to own one.
+10000 in Mumbai the dealers say you need to wait for 6-8 months and they themselves discourage to buyers not buy jaaz ans Honda city ce model.

+10000 in Mumbai the dealers say you need to wait for 6-8 months and they themselves discourage to buyers not buy jaaz ans Honda city ce model.
Same condition here in Delhi and kolkata. Dealers say to buy Brio V or Honda City S instead and are like Sir, no point in buying Jazz its OVER-PRICED and not worth it. With Honda City they are saying that the waiting is of around 6-7 months for that so just increase our budget a bit and buy Honda City S M/T. One of my cousin wanted to buy Jazz and ended up buying City S M/T. :tongue:

The new Punto has been revealed -

Fiat Caffe

Nothing exciting, just some stickering, scuff plates, chrome exhausts and sporty pedals. Thank GOD it does not have a black roof!

Leave the Jazz aside guys and see Raj is saved from getting semi-heart attack.:lol!:
His Pintu is still exclusive with that black roof..
Once more
THANK GOD!!!

Top Bottom