More Bells & Whistles in Fiat Punto 90HP “Sports”

Re: More Bells & Whistles in Upcoming Fiat Punto 90HP “Sports”

The new Punto has been revealed -

Fiat Caffe

Nothing exciting, just some stickering, scuff plates, chrome exhausts and sporty pedals. Thank GOD it does not have a black roof!
Hahahaha, I fully agree with Raj. For me Punto is a a no nonsense car. By adding all the jazz, it seems a little bit idiotic to me. Rather they should concentrate on the gear box and bhp maybe. Punto buyers are not sissy guys. Thats why they have spent on a car like this. We would love a stronger engine( Not peppy) and a shorter gear shift maybe. Please no anklets and bracelets for this car !!!

Re: Fiat Caffè Now Open at Janpath, New Delhi. (Coverage: Pg.4)

Fiat.JPG

Guys please look at the number of spelling mistakes in the new Punto Sports brochure.
Powerdul instead of Powerful, Peroid instead of Period, Quiet instead of Quite.

Such a shame!!

Last edited:
Re: More Bells & Whistles in New Fiat Punto 90HP “Sports”

So Fiat has started publicity of the new Punto seriously.
Found an adv. of the new Punto Sports in today's Chd. Tribune.

My few cents on 90 hp punto sports 2012. Read the entire stuff in two parts before your views.

Part I --
Took a really long TD of more than 100 kms today, highway and city mixed.

1. The SE comes to my home from Fiat showroom which is roughly 7 kms.
I see the car from exterior, looks good to me

2. He is clueless and tells me, Amit you wont like this car. 2011 90 hp was better. I am [confused].

3. I start the car. First gear is ok, second is ok. I slot in third gear and car refuses to pull. People honking crazily from behind. Seemed like somebody has attached a heavy lorry from behind to this car. I slot back in second gear push the RPM to above 2000, then it flies like rocket. I am [confused].

4. The SE was correct. but what the heck. This is not Punto, maybe I am driving a heavy lorry. Maybe I am having a bad dream.

5. I take it to highway, again it refuses to climb the hill. Again slotted in second gear, increasing the RPM to above 2000, it goes like Punto.

6. At speed above 80, I hear wind noise. Well and I can sense it's going at 90. Well where is that speed masking capability of Punto gone? Has the increase in GC done something wrong?

7. I hear a faint rattle from front LHS. I look as SE and he is dumb struck. Sir, something wrong with new punto 90hp sports??? I say something wrong with this car maybe? OR Fiat has messed with this car this time by making it sporty in reverse sense.[frustration].

We call fiat and they ask the SE to get the car ASAP. I give them this feedback and they take it very seriously.

Net net the initial observations were,
1. Loss of power. Heavy turbo lag
2. Wind noise at high speed. This was absent in 2011 90hp model
3. Speed masking gone?? What did fiat do here?
4. Huge gap between front LHS door and fender.
5. AC pathetic even below par than my i10, and I thought i10's AC was worst.

Part II --
I get a call from same SE,
1. Turbo pipe of this car had broken. Hush, had already rubbed 90hp sports off my list. So the problem is with this car in particular. Wake up Fiat, where is your QC?
2. Tomorrow they will check the AC, speed masking, gaps and wind noise. Then they will send the same car to me.

Will keep you guys posted. See the last picture, there is more gap in door and fender. Price quoted was 8.55 lacs OTR in Pune.

Here are some pictures that I took.

Attachments

Last edited:

The car looks pink in some places & rest all red? looks like sun playing with the color? not impressed with the decals they look like everyday ordinary decals. Is the dead pedal a regular feature in all version of Punto or is it just confined to the "Sports" version? Not much change in interiors too well hiking price by 40k? for this is pitiable

@amiti I hope FIAT guys fix the issue & send the car again for your TD, lets see if the issue are confined to only this car or is it with all "Sports" ones

Amiti ,We will be waiting for your Td after fixing up Punto. as we all know the Tata service centre they just treat this Gem as stray dogs. That is where it gets beaten everywhere.

The car looks pink in some places & rest all red? looks like sun playing with the color? not impressed with the decals they look like everyday ordinary decals. Is the dead pedal a regular feature in all version of Punto or is it just confined to the "Sports" version? Not much change in interiors too well hiking price by 40k? for this is pitiable

@amiti I hope FIAT guys fix the issue & send the car again for your TD, lets see if the issue are confined to only this car or is it with all "Sports" ones
It's the sun, hence you see shades of pink. To me the decals are ok and functional. Dead pedal is present across variants.

Well, regarding the 40k price tag (in Pune its 17k), I did feel this one little light and looks like some gear ratios altered. However I will keep this comment in cold box until I drive the repaired Punto.

Captain Prabhakar AVR and Navigator Shiva Kalyan S will set out for the GQ Expedition challenge as they hope to complete the drive of close to 6041 Kms in 75 hours. This will be their attempt to grab a spot in the Limca Book of World records. They will be using the Fiat Grande Punto 90 HP EMOTION, a real delight of Fiat India and the most powerful diesel hatch and will set out for an exigent expedition. Prabhakar AVR - Did endurance records like 2180km in 24 hours on bike, traveled more than 4lakh kilometres in cars & Bikes in India. Travelled to Ladakh on Bike, Did speed runs of 2270kms in under 23 hours in car non - stop.
Shiva Kalyan S did endurance records of around 2000 kms nonstop in a Grande Punto 90 and have extensively driven the Palio D for over a half and a Lakh kms comprising of 24 hours nonstop runs, Mountain Trails etc. He used to be the moderator of the Hyderabad chapter of the Fiat Fraternity and a co-founder of Fiat Classic Club Hyderabad.

The journey would commence from Vijaywada covering a drive of close to 6041 Kms and over a span of 3 days. The route is Vijayawada --> Chennai --> Bangalore --> Tumkur --> Kohlapur --> Pune --> Mumbai --> Jaipur --> Delhi --> Agra --> Calcutta --> Bubhaneswar --> Vishakapatnam --> Rajahmundry --> Vijayawada. The Current record stays at 86 hours ( 6041km). The event is being sponsored by Fiat India. Map My India is sponsoring the GPS live tracker for the event.

Attachments

Re: Can FIAT Re-Establish Itself in India?

The 2013 Fiat Punto Sport is the Italian car maker’s attempt to bring home some decent sales volume from the festive season. The car was unveiled last evening at the Fiat Caffe in Bengaluru and here’s the lowdown.

Like the Punto Sport of 2012, the 2013 model is a limited edition with changes restricted to cosmetic updates. The Sport edition comes with a roof spoiler, Sport badge, door sills with Punto branding, sporty pedals, Sport branded floor mats with red stitching, body decals and a chrome finished exhaust tip.

The Sport edition is available in Pearl White and Exotica Red exterior colors with black contrast roof. The ORVMs on the Pearl White car is painted red while that of the Exotica Red car is painted black.

Mr. Nagesh Basavanhalli, Head of Fiat India, with the 2013 Fiat Punto Sport in Bengaluru.

Beside these extras, the car automatically downloads all the features from the regular Punto like its dual front airbags, Fire Prevention System (FPS), Immobilizer With Rolling code (FCS), Blue & Me technology, auto climate control, ABS, Speed Sensitive Volume and an audio remote control.

The Sport edition is powered by the 93PS version of the popular 1.3 MultiJet diesel engine. The motor generates a torque of 209 Nm and is paired to a 5-speed manual transmission. The car delivers an ARAI certified mileage of 20.5kpl.

The idea of the Sport edition is to address some Fiat enthusiasts who, according to the company, are keen to modify or retro-fit their cars with accessories.
Source - IAB
2013 Fiat Punto Sport - Sport is Pure - YouTube

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom