More Bells & Whistles in Fiat Punto 90HP “Sports”

Re: More Bells & Whistles in New Fiat Punto 90HP “Sports”

Took long TD of 2011 90hp today.

My observations--
By no means the car is underpowered.
3rd gear and above is good. After third gear the car becomes rocket.
ACC is a boon.
Also with two people on board the GC is sufficient.
Felt safe all the way on highway at high speeds. Better than my brothers altis.

After Monday the SE will bring new punto 90 hp sports for TD.
Price of new 90hp as per SE was close to 8.55K OTR Pune. Which is much more than expected. However we get good quality car with all bells and whistles.
Fiat should have had given 16" alloys for this sport variant.
The above mentioned Merit's are all given to this model, my only grouse is adding all the unwanted bit's and increasing the price is a bad idea for the car which hardly manages to even touch 4 digit sales figure.

The above mentioned Merit's are all given to this model, my only grouse is adding all the unwanted bit's and increasing the price is a bad idea for the car which hardly manages to even touch 4 digit sales figure.
its fine if they added all these unwanted bits but the main thing is they don't justify the high price tag. I mean 8.55 lakh for a Punto ! [frustration]
I would anyday buy a Rapid petrol or something else.

Took long TD of 2011 90hp today.

My observations--

Fiat should have had given 16" alloys for this sport variant.
Exactly,for the Inflation they should have added something worth to drool around and made punto a sure hit but here it was just like flop markting gimmick but no issues punto is worth buy for what it is!!!!

its fine if they added all these unwanted bits but the main thing is they don't justify the high price tag. I mean 8.55 lakh for a Punto ! [frustration]
I would anyday buy a Rapid petrol or something else.
Exactly ,for the price there are lot of other options and prospective buyer will have to break his thinking again and again.
But it seems with LE option fiat is interested only those keen enthusiasts who cannot survive without a fiat (like myself for example [glasses])

Exactly,for the Inflation they should have added something worth to drool around and made punto a sure hit but here it was just like flop markting gimmick but no issues punto is worth buy for what it is!!!!

Exactly ,for the price there are lot of other options and prospective buyer will have to break his thinking again and again.
But it seems with LE option fiat is interested only those keen enthusiasts who cannot survive without a fiat (like myself for example [glasses])
lol, I think there main aim as of now should be of getting their brand value and respect back and not just sell cars to Fiat enthusiasts. [surprise]

Well guys, is it worth spending 8.6 lacs on Punto 90hp? Need your valuable views.

^^^ Depends on what your priorities are.

If driving pleasure (ride, handling, steering feel etc.) is what you are looking at (and can live with comparatively poor acceleration), then it is worth the money. But I guess with discounts, it should come to be a lot cheaper.

Else, if outright acceleration, resale value, A.S.S. etc is your priority, then it is not.

Well guys, is it worth spending 8.6 lacs on Punto 90hp? Need your valuable views.
if ride and handling is your main priority then buy the Punto but if you want an all-rounder with awesome engine and features then i20 would be my pick.

If one is looking for lot of long drives and highways -punto is excellent choice.

for city drives and daily commute there are other better cars.

If one is looking for lot of long drives and highways -punto is excellent choice.

for city drives and daily commute there are other better cars.
+100 to Jayadev. It gives immense pleasure to drive PUNTO on highways. the high speed cornering with no nervousness. And after cornering at high speed the smile [:D] on face is the kodak moment.

For city drives there are better car, but PUNTO is not bad either. You will love it once you have it :-).

PS : For more info you read the Raj's sig.

~There is more to a car than just good service and resale value~

^^^ Depends on what your priorities are.

If driving pleasure (ride, handling, steering feel etc.) is what you are looking at (and can live with comparatively poor acceleration), then it is worth the money. But I guess with discounts, it should come to be a lot cheaper.

Else, if outright acceleration, resale value, A.S.S. etc is your priority, then it is not.
I need a car that will bring smile on my face while driving. I might get one used Figo diesel from a friend, however not very sure of same. If you see my signature, I wanted a cheap hatch and am still inclined towards alto k10. Having said that, whenever I drive a punto 90hp, it puts a [:D][:D] on my face. Money is not a problem here. I am just asking myself, will it be wise to invest on 90hp?

By no means I felt Punto sluggish. Only question is A.S.S. This should also haze out as a thing in mind rather than reality.

See buddy, I buy cars with my heart and I buy ONLY that which I like. You live once and you ought to do whatever YOU like.

So, if Punto brings a smile to your face, why not buy it? Also, now that FIAT is establishing it's own showrooms and service centres, why not?

I dont know how you calculate being wise over here, but since money is not a problem, you are not itching for resale value or fuel efficiency. I would say go for the Punto 90hp. Nobody can tell you what is store in the future... You have no idea how I rip my cars in the twisties of some ghats around Mumbai. And the sheer handling excellence of the Punto is meant to be experienced than said...

Drive safe!

Last edited:

For city drives there are better car, but PUNTO is not bad either. You will love it once you have it :-).
I dint mean Punto is Bad altogether in city,
But basically it is a sedan, a luxury sedan or a sports car or mix of both at economy with no Boots , so what all you expect in such a car ?

• High turning radius.
  • Poor outside visibility.

Both these above things are major concerns in a city. If you can live with it then sure you are not erring if you buy punto.

Last edited:

I still find simple Punto BNW to be more sportier than this so called sports model.

I dint mean Punto is Bad altogether in city,
But basically it is a sedan, a luxury sedan or a sports car or mix of both at economy with no Boots , so what all you expect in such a car ?

• High turning radius.
  • Poor outside visibility.

Both these above things are major concerns in a city. If you can live with it then sure you are not erring if you buy punto.
Sorry I dint mean that way, or was debating on what you said. I was saying generally where people always say that PUNTO is bad for city driving, but I dint have major issues with PUNTO. But this might also becuase I have not driven any other car than PUNTO and Zen. [;)]

Top Bottom