More Bells & Whistles in Fiat Punto 90HP “Sports”

Re: More Bells & Whistles in Upcoming Fiat Punto 90HP “Sports”

[lol]I do not understand this upgrade cum limited edition thing. Why cannot Fiat do something whole heartedly rather just for the sake of doing something.

[lol]I do not understand this upgrade cum limited edition thing. Why cannot Fiat do something whole heartedly rather just for the sake of doing something.
[lol] because Fiat is not serious about the Indian market and they just somehow want to stay in India.

The word 'Sports' has been grossly misused in the Indian context. Every other car has a sports variant which invariably has a spoiler some stickers maybe a fancy alloy wheel, with no actual increase in power or torque. Whereas in Europe n US sports actually signifies sportiness.
In the case of Punto it has under performed not just because it has a sluggish engine (1.2 petrol i mean). There are plenty of other hatches which are not as fast as say an i10/jazz/swift. It's because people somehow have the feeling that a Fiat may let them down sometime in some form or the other. Either through unavailability of spares, poor resale or through poor service. All of the above may be incorrect but it's a fact that Fiat's are not selling inspite of having the underpinnings of a solidly engineered car & fantastic design language. Look at MS, they will get away with anything as their base is incredibly strong, the Brand is entrenched in the hearts of every second Indian. That's precisely why Chevy is so hell bent in communicating through their ADs that they are there for you whenever you need their service that too free of cost. The latest AD is quite sweet indeed.

Invariably newer entrants always opt for a Top down marketing strategy whereby they launch higher end models to showcase their Brand & then move down the ladder to hatches. This is where Renault went wrong with their Logan JV with Mahindra.

I agree, in India sports means a sporty body kit, stickers and just some rubbish stuff. For e.g Laura vRS, i10 Sportz well its a long list.

I think, 90HP would not create any market ho hala with this limited edition or this limited edition would be LIMITED only.

Sports varients (literal sports varients) have very thin market in India per say as they are not considered as VFM products or in other words, cars are still considered as a family affair than a personal one (majority cases).

Leave the Jazz aside guys and see Raj is saved from getting semi-heart attack.:lol!:
His Pintu is still exclusive with that black roof..
Once more
THANK GOD!!!
Actually !!! LOLZ.

no feature increase or anything else ?
whats the price hike for it ?
I have no info about that.

Because they have not hired the proper management, I suppose.

It is almost 18th evening, now where is the car promised to be shown ?
It is already shown -

Fiat Caffe

Actually guys in India 'sports' tag added to any car means new graphics and some cosmetic changes to interior.
Example:Punto sports,i10 sports(it is purely a variant),Zen Estilo sports.

In between of all these I respect Skoda and Ford.Why?
Because both of their cars carrying 'sports' tag(Octy/Laura vRS and Fiesta 'S')carry at least some minor characteristics underneath called stiffer suspension and hence better handling and lesser body roll.

Re: More Bells & Whistles in New Fiat Punto 90HP “Sports”

^^^ The new Skoda Laura VRS is essentially the same car with the same suspension and same engine, ONLY with some body kit and DRLs. So does it deserve the 'VRS' moniker?

You are talking about the older Octavia VRS which has some differences compared to the normal Octavia.

Stop respecting Skoda now!

@Raj:
Rush to your nearest Skoda dealership and ask for the TD of a Laura vRS.
Now drive the car straight to 180 kph on a winding section of the expressway and you will find the difference between the regular TSI and vRS.
No change is in the suspension travel but springs are now stiffer.And I am sure i have mentioned 'only' stiffer suspension in my above post.

TSIVipul
Don't you wish the actual VRS came to India with some 200bhp under the hood instead of the 160? See, I know 1 thing for certain, for a price bracket of 15lac & above if you give the product a proper USP, it should do well. This is where Skoda went wrong. They shouldv'e practised what they had preached once upon a time with the Octavia VRS!!!
Apart from the Fabia & Yeti I feel Laura & Superb are one of the best cars around in the market....

350Z

Core Team

So-called Fiat Punto “Sports” includes the following updates:

> Sporty Decals

> Door Scuff Plates

> Chrome Exhaust Tip

> Sporty Metallic Pedals

> Outside Chrome Handles

> Premium Red Stitching on Seats

Bossa Nova White
Fiat Punto Sports Bossa Nova White.png

Exotica Red
Fiat Punto Sports Exotica Red.png

Hip Hop Black
Fiat Punto Sports Hip Hop Black.png

Drive Safe,
350Z

@Jazzy:-
My TSI is chauffeur driven and D-4D is self driven[sad]..hence weather the TSI has 160 or 1600 bhp I get its wheel for not more than 100-300 kms per month and hence it doesn't matter that much to me.

But the question here is of sportiness in the character of a car and then have you head of a Hindi idiom "Bhaagte bhoot ki langoti".

Top Bottom