Monoblock Amp for Subwoofer

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking in to buy a Monoblock amp to power sub-woofer separately

Kenwood X-994 - Head Unit
Boston S65 - Coaxial Speakers
Boston S60 - Component Speakers
JBL Gt5 S644 - [4 channel Amp [1 pre out has S65 and s60 in parallel and Sub-woofer]]
Rockford Prime 12" Sub-woofer

I have looked through may post and shortlisted
Alpine V-Power MRP-M450 [$193]
Polk Momo C 500

ICE guru please do throw in your suggestions to help by buying process more better are the above mentioned good enough or is there something better than this.

Max Budget 10K

Next stage I also wanna upgrade my Boston S65 Coaxial Speakers from round to oval and something more better and powerful

Thanks
Sudhan

Thread Starter #2
Checked
Infinity Kappa One Series from JBL [800watts watt RMS] Class D mono amp
JBL GTO1004
Alpine MRP-M500
Alpine MRP-M2000

now i am really confused which one to buy

you have to decide your budget first.
Infinity Kappa One comes with a price tag of 40k
while JBL GTO1004 is a 4ch amp.
focal solid 1 is a very good mono amp cost approx 12k.
you can also consider sony mono amp cost approx 7k.

go for mono amp only if you have a powerful sub 300w RMS minimum otherwise it doesnt make sense to get mono amp.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Thanks Aditya,

Rockford Fosgate Subwoofer are 4 Ohms, Single Voice Coil brings out 150 Watts RMS and peaks 300 Watts Max.

How important is a Power of the sub to fix a MonoBlock amp ?

Sorry about the wrong numbers on the JBL Amp, its the GTO 3510 which I wanted to mention.

Infinity Kappa One its a decent sub at a price range of $225. whats ur take on this ???

I have thought though and decided not to buy the MRP but rather go with the MRX series of Alpine [as i heard the MRP is the analogue versions and MRX are the digital version and new technology]

Have Alpine MRX-M50 and Alpine MRX-M100.

any reviews on Rockford Fosgate Prime R250 or R500 mono amps ???

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
Finally ordered and bought Alpine MRX-M50 during Christmas offers on amazon, got a 170$ deal and got it shipped to India though my friend. For two week it was lying ideal as I was not able to devote time for the fitment.

Eventually got time today and my audiophile (Vijaykumar from Hi-Definitions Cars[ex TMC electronics]) was also available, he was also the one convinced me to go for this mono block amp.

No regrets for purchasing it, its a monster and it performance amazes me.

It took about hour and half for me to fit the amp. Bought the Ghost cables for Rs 1300, and board to plug the amp for Rs 300 and this labor charges.

Attachments

Last edited:
I do have the sub woofer of the same rating of polk db series which works on 2 channel amp as my budget not allowed to me to go for mono amp. Hopefully this diwaali i will get momo amp.

Top Bottom