Modus is New Hatchback From Renault India?

Thread Starter #1
ICB Reports

The car was not sporting any disguise and hence caught his attention. A we know, Ford, Nissan, Renault an Hyundai have their factories in Chennai and it is not a rare thing to spot test mules. The car in question at this moment is the Renault Modus. Renault seems to be preparing for yet another launch this time, a hatchback to rival cars like the Hyundai i20, Honda Jazz and the Ford Figo and Swift A+ segment

Attachments

Re: Modus is New Hatchback From Renault in India

ICB Reports

Renault seems to be preparing for yet another launch this time, a hatchback to rival cars like the Hyundai i20, Honda Jazz and the Ford Figo and Swift A+ segment
This looks smaller than the competitors mentioned above. Looks like a A segment car to me.
Is this going to be the 3rd or 4th launch for Renault. [;)]

AMG

Suspended

Looks like a modified A-Star, and I guess thats exactly what it is targeting.

Not that the A-Star was a big success, but still.

Hmm agree to the above comments , doesn't look like a premium hatch to me neither.

Looks like a modified A-Star, and I guess thats exactly what it is targeting.

Not that the A-Star was a big success, but still.
hope renault is not gonna price this high as with koleos!! modus should be no more than ritz price at any cost!!

AMG

Suspended

Huh!!

My post did not even have the word "Koleos" in it.

Either you misread my post, or you quoted the wrong post.

I am not in favor of those quirky designs be it Ritz, or this new one. The stooping bonnet and tall boy like rear makes for an ugly look. But again personal perspective.

I hope they fit it with multiple gadgets to lure people!

What in the name of the good God has happened to all the automotive designers?[shock] What a ghastly looking Ughmobile? It seems automotive companies are on a rat race to make the most ugly thing on wheels and every other month or two, Someone's got a winner!

350Z

Core Team

Well, looking at this car I can only say that - wish if Renault would have considered the Clio instead.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #13

There are very few cars in India market which are great looking,like most of us agree on this.
Eg. - Lancer, civic, ANHC, ANHV etc
I don't understand why why they design cars badly.

hey guys great news for everyone who was criticizing modus!! its not coming to india. source - indian autos blog

Renault has been talking about the V-Platform (Versatile) hatchback for the Indian market and as there is a platform mismatch IndianAutosBlog.com called up a Renault official who told us that the Modus testing around Chennai is here as part of the “validation testing in eight countries for the next generation Modus.” The validation tests are being conducted in a contrast of countries for unknown parameters. Renault tests its products in various conditions to see if it can cope with intense dust, heat, moisture and other natural elements. Renault’s small car will be showcased at the Auto Expo and a few months later sent into the market. It will share engines with the Nissan Micra and occupy the B+ segment that has the Hyundai i20, Honda Jazz and Volkswagen Polo. Which one is it going to be, we don’t know. What we know is it certainly isn’t the Modus.

Top Bottom