Modifying My 15 Year Old Maruti 800 - Please Advice

There is a Maruti 800 i think its 95 or something like that,it was purchased as a back up for people working for my aunt,now its sitting at our place,its got mods on it like alloys ,grills & even woofer,i will post some pics of it,probably should give you some idea on what to do.
Should be interesting! Please post some pictures since it will be more helpful for us to suggest the other mods.

Woow..

Prads, is that Car or Flight. So many dials inside. If you could explain those it would be nice. And also please post some pictures of car's full profile, interiors etc.

Ya even i thought it was pretty cool for the mods it has,steering is very hard thanks to broad tires,but thats only when parking,thats the only thing i have done with the car park it,never driven it around.Today will take detailed pics of the everything.
I think the rpm & other meters work not sure,i did not know we had this car until a week back so will explore it today.Ya even I am amazed with the rims,they have a good offset design which is very hard to find especially in such a small rim cos you find them in rims above 15 inch only!

Last edited:
Prads: Wow! what a 800, Some questions (out of curiosity)
Which brand & whats the cost of those alloys?
Why does the car have two Tachometers?
How much is that big Auto Guage Tachometer? Is that a shift indicator I see to the left side of the tacho?
Any other mods on the car?

Oh man, I am asking too many questions please bear with me.

Last edited:
Which brand & whats the cost of those alloys?
It say Veloche on it,its a 13 inch rim with 175 section Nankang tire. I am guessing they are under 3600 per rim,am sure its not more than that.
Why does the car have two Tachometers?
As far as i know someone owned some money(or something like that) so instead of paying they filled the car up with whatever possible at a accessory store & some parts replacement. I do not know how accurate the rev meters are,but both of them rev well till 4000 rpm.
How much is that big Auto Gauge Tachometer? Is that a shift indicator I see to the left side of the tacho?
I am guessing it must cost around 6000,yes its a shift light.You can set it at what rpm you want the light to come on & its angled to hit your face.
Any other mods on the car?
Am pretty sure they must be some which i am not aware of,i did spot some led strips near the footwell area though they dont seem to be working.
Its got some uprated springs & a huge sealed woofer in the boot.
Got some redone grill & alot of new parts under the hood.
Seats are done in art leather but there seems to be a tear in one of them but sealed up with a weird patch.Its got a sporty steering wheel.
Its got a flexible reading lamp for the back seat which you can observe in the side profile pic of the car.
Its got central & remote locking along with quarter glass guards.

The mechanics were blow & puzzled asking me alot of questions even wondering if we owned this car from the start.I think the car was sitting neglected for sometime,but everything is in working order now. Usually 800's were picked up by my aunt & stored away or used for rough use but this is the first one i have seen being modded to such extent,there were other 800's before with one suspected grooved engine(had mentioned it to Varun560061),but it was sold off.

Oh man, I am asking too many questions please bear with me.
No worries! I know you are upgrading every inch of your car! I appreciate your enthusiasm.

Last edited:
@prads
please post some underhood pics, i expect a K&n AF atleast inside and post a rear pic to
I was out of town for more than a week,when i got back today i heard the car was sold off to someone(acquaintance) for 60,000.But as far as tradition goes there is always some 800 bound to come in again & have money spent on it,although i think this time it will be an(i suggested) Alto1.1

I dont think there was a K&n airfilter ,atleast for these models am not sure if you get them.On the rear the right side had a huge antenna before which was removed,only the mount was there,will check for pics.

Top Bottom