Modifying Hyundai i10 Kappa2

Thread Starter #1
What alloys suit a black i10, which color? plus what's the right upsize for it's tyres? Please tell me the cost of new tyres and alloys. Thanks

Re: i10 kappa2 Mod

I think it will be good if you go for black coloured alloys as well. The stock tyres are 155/70 R 13 . I suggest go for 165/65 R 13 or 175/70 R14 . The best tyres in my opinion are Continentals.

I got them in my Santro and they worked like a dream 30K kms and not a tread lost before i sold it .

I think you will get the tyres for around Rs 31- 33K. Alloys for around 12K (Set of 4)

Regards

For alloys I would suggest black machine finished with a lip in red color. For tyres try michelin XM1+, wonderful VFM tyres, very smooth. And for upsize diehard correctly mentioned the safe upsizes.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #4

Black with red lipping sounds good... what bout a matte paint job? will vinyls be cheaper? how much does that cost? also suggest some tuning jobs for the car to improve performance. [:)] [:)]

Tuning jobs would be a K&N Air filter and a free flow exhaust . It will cost you around 20K with installation .

Few things from my side.

Alloys -- Go for silver colored multi spoke max 8 spokes or 5 spokes alloys.

Tire Size -- stock size is 155/80 R13, best upgrade is 175/70 R13. Anything more will kill the little i10. Go for Turanza series if bridgestone, yokohoma a drives or michelin XM1+ or XM2. However there is a news that current XM1+ is not that good.

I own i10 auto asta. I am also considering plati alloys, however will wait for more 5k kms.

K&N or green cotton, iridium spark plugs and FFE would be sufficient. Also do let me know your fuel efficiency.

The 1.2 mill of i10 is not a mod friendly unit in first place. As suggested above max you can go for is a K&N filter and a FFE but that too might give you just a couple of bhps more. I'd suggest you a matte finish bonnet with angel eyes in front smoked headlamps with led smoked tail lamps.

freakdude.

Will that increase the sound?
hi Bayern,

This will increase the sound however due to the free flow exhaust , your car performance and fuel efficiency will increase, of course that depends on the fact that you rev the engine or not. Hyundai engines tend to consume more fuel upon revving. You will feel the difference in the performance once you install them.

Regards

I think I'll just put the air filter as 20K is a little pricey! What kind of air filter is needed? Stock replacement?
Getting a K&N replacement filter, 57i or Apollo is a waste of time. If you want to get a modest performance increase a proper Air Intake Revision is needed.

@ freakdude - Where did you get the idea from that the 1.2 is not mod friendly? I t is mod friendly. Just because with a K&N or Green you won't get more out does not mean that it is mod unfriendly.

Getting a K&N replacement filter, 57i or Apollo is a waste of time. If you want to get a modest performance increase a proper Air Intake Revision is needed.

@ freakdude - Where did you get the idea from that the 1.2 is not mod friendly? I t is mod friendly. Just because with a K&N or Green you won't get more out does not mean that it is mod unfriendly.
Buddy, tried a few mods on a friend's car and the results were not that tempting. So, just speaking from my experience. We tried, bigger throttle body, complete head job, K&N, FFE, iridium spark plugs, high power cables and even tried a ECU map but didnt got much gains in power/performance. [;)]

freakdude.

Thread Starter #14
Thanks a lot guys! I now have a confusion on tyres! I read that 175/70 R-13 was ideal tyre upgrade but now I've read that 180/60 R-14 is better? Help!

The latter is a bit wider and so would have a better grip. Both would have almost the same speedo err so not much issues in that area. I'd suggest you to go for 180/60 if you do a lot of highway drive or drive a bit fast as it would give you much better grip than 175/70. BTW, have you decided on any brands?

freakdude.

Top Bottom