Modifying Hyundai i10 Kappa2

Buddy, tried a few mods on a friend's car and the results were not that tempting. So, just speaking from my experience. We tried, bigger throttle body, complete head job, K&N, FFE, iridium spark plugs, high power cables and even tried a ECU map but didnt got much gains in power/performance. [;)]

freakdude.
To start with Iridium plugs create more headache when tuning than they do good. K&N hardly will give you an advantage.

After all the work you have done you need to get the car on the chassis dyno to have it mapped properly, which will take a whole day at least. A generic map will not give you a lot.

I am doing this professionally for over 3 decades and can tell you that I get a lot more out of this engine.

To start with Iridium plugs create more headache when tuning than they do good. K&N hardly will give you an advantage.

After all the work you have done you need to get the car on the chassis dyno to have it mapped properly, which will take a whole day at least. A generic map will not give you a lot.

I am doing this professionally for over 3 decades and can tell you that I get a lot more out of this engine.
That is really wonderful buddy. I am no professional in this area which you are so cant argue on that. [cheers]

freakdude.

The latter is a bit wider and so would have a better grip. Both would have almost the same speedo err so not much issues in that area. I'd suggest you to go for 180/60 if you do a lot of highway drive or drive a bit fast as it would give you much better grip than 175/70. BTW, have you decided on any brands?

freakdude.
180/60 will be too much IMHO and will have bad ride. 175/70 does give proper ride and I think we can go fast on it too. Also it won't affect the mileage much.

Very nice info drifter. Could you guide us regarding the mods that can be done for i10 ( I own auto though) without much headache.I mean real mods that will really take out true potential from engine without compromising on fuel efficiency.

Thread Starter #20
+1 for 170 and +1 for 180. Need more voters! :P
freakdude suggested a matte black bonnet. i wanna put a vinyl not a permanent paint job. any idea how much would vinyls cost?
@amit: i10 auto, how does it perform on the highways? enough juice for overtaking and hill climbing?

+1 for 170 and +1 for 180. Need more voters! :P
freakdude suggested a matte black bonnet. i wanna put a vinyl not a permanent paint job. any idea how much would vinyls cost?
@amit: i10 auto, how does it perform on the highways? enough juice for overtaking and hill climbing?
On highways, it performs without a fuss. I have got 18kmpl on plain highways, and when i am climbing it gives around 14kmpl max (boot stacked up with max luggage, and 5 people on-board). Only let down is steering rattle, which is a design flaw with all hyundai's.

Regarding tires, my vote goes to 175/70 R13.

Reflection issue -- I own first gen i10 with beige dashboard. I tried putting black matt vinyl sheet on dashboard to cut reflection. However due to lack of proper worksman ship, I was not able to do it properly. Else I think, black leather sheet would also do the job. Guys help me in this regard. Either with vinyl sheet or leather sheet. Anyone in Pune who does it.

175/70 is good for in city & highway use. 180/60 is not that good in city driving + it can effect the fuel efficiency. I would suggest to go for 175/70!

And how old is your car? Make a research before doing performance mods. If I were you, I would have installed the FFE and K&N air filter together but since you don't have budget, it's your choice now. [:)]

Thread Starter #23
@amit: I asked bout the power? is it sufficent enough or do you feel a lag when climbing hills and on highways.
Btw, your F.E is very good for an i10 auto!

some say wearing polarized sunglasses is the best and will improve visibilty during rains also! plus it will eliminate the glare!

[:)]

Last edited:
@amit: I asked bout the power? is it sufficent enough or do you feel a lag when climbing hills and on highways.
Btw, your F.E is very good for an i10 auto!

some say wearing polarized sunglasses is the best and will improve visibilty during rains also! plus it will eliminate the glare!

[:)]
Power is good, rather enough for this size of hatch. I do not feel any lag while climbing hills and on highways. However on highways I never go beyond 100, as you never now what will come across on Indian roads. Second due to skinny tires. My mileage figures are with 100% AC. But AC is not adequate.

For reflection on dashboard, I am looking for solution mentioned in my previous post.

Very nice info drifter. Could you guide us regarding the mods that can be done for i10 ( I own auto though) without much headache.I mean real mods that will really take out true potential from engine without compromising on fuel efficiency.
All AIRs I have designed in my time have not affected fuel consumption adversly. You don't need to worry about that. I might need a under bonnet shot for the auto version to see whether it is different to the non autos. I have never had an auto version seen from under the bonnet.

After I have done the AIR advise or design one for India, I will give you other advise to go further.

Just keep pestering me, which is the fastest way to get to results with me. [;)]

And how old is your car? Make a research before doing performance mods. If I were you, I would have installed the FFE and K&N air filter together but since you don't have budget, it's your choice now. [:)]
Forget K&N filter. It won't give anything worth mentioning. This is a case for a properly designed Air Intake Revision.

Also the exhaust has got to be calculated correctly or power will be lost.

Thread Starter #28
@P3T3R: Thanks! Your i10 looks great! HID Projectors look insane on fluidic lamps! did you get improved visibility after installing HID?[:)]

@P3T3R: Thanks! Your i10 looks great! HID Projectors look insane on fluidic lamps! did you get improved visibility after installing HID?[:)]
Thanks. There is a big improvement with the HID's. Also the tyre & wheel upgrade improved the handling quite a bit. Besides that I also installed the Autorunner Coil spring assisters to stiffen the very soft suspension.

Top Bottom