Modifying Enticer To a Wannbe Chopper

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys , one of my friends has a Yamaha Enticer & he is planning to completely modify his ride , he had given the bike to one of his friends & unfortunately the guy met with an accident & there was dents & scratches all over the bike now my friend has planned to completely revamp the bike like a chopper .These are the list of modifications that he is planning to do & the price that the mechanic has quoted , he has not yet finalized on this, So I would request you guys to guide us on this & please let us know if the price quoted is right .Will also attach few pics .

1) Handle - Rs1500

2) Headlamp( he is planning for a oval shaped doom )-Rs 650

3) Mud Guard-Rs 500

4) Silencer (4 side, 2 is dummy & 2 active) - Rs 3000

5) Changing the muffler sound (no idea how this will sound) Rs3000

6) Engine Porting –165 CC (This is max he can do and he has used RX 135 Carborator and a 5 speed gear box)-Rs 7000

7) Fork Height ( already raised by 10" & friend wants to increase the height by few more inches ) -Rs 3500

8) Rear Tyre - Rs 9000 (seems like on the higher side)

9) 80 Spokes Rim Rear:Rs 1800 (Without Spokes)

10) Front Rim mechanic says he has one but not seen yet: Quotes Rs 4000 rupees

11) Self Starter Kit (Donor part from Gladiator) already purchased - Rs 3700

12) Seat modification - Rs 1500

13) Swing-arm( singaram as told by mechanic) to be extended by 2"( I did not recommend this as this might have negative effect on the strength) - Rs2000

14) Avenger Side Stand- Rs 400

15) Battery- Rs 1000

16) brake Levers: 300

17) Air Horn: 800

18) Indicators: 400

19)Leather Bag: 850

20) Mirrors: 600

21) Labour charges - No idea yet

Total - Rs 58500

The last picture is the colour he is looking form ( courtesy google)

Attachments

Re: Enticer to a wannbe Chopper

Is the last pic for inspirational purpose or the end result(which I doubt [;)])? Anyways, bet of luck for the project. I personally feel enticer is not strong enough to be taking such modifications (we are looking at complete body angle changes here plus changes to fuel tank, mudguards etc.). Avenger would have been a better option to be done as a chopper. But still wishing luck to the project undertaker.
Do keep us posted of the progress.[thumbsup]

freakdude.

Thread Starter #3

No , the last pic is the colour that he wants , the end result of the bike wil be no way near to that last pic .I agree that enticer will not have the power but has been increased from 125 cc to 165 cc but not sure how much that will help , the sole reason that he wanted it on this bike is just experimental , he might go for a better one & start again if all goes well on this one ..

Hi guys , one of my friends has a Yamaha Enticer & he is planning to completely modify his ride , he had given the bike to one of his friends & unfortunately the guy met with an accident & there was dents & scratches all over the bike now my friend has planned to completely revamp the bike like a chopper .These are the list of modifications that he is planning to do & the price that the mechanic has quoted , he has not yet finalized on this , So I would request you guys to guide us on this & please let us know if the price quoted is right .Will also attach few pics .
I hope he is getting all this job done through a competent mechanic/fabricator/modifier. Changing the handle, swingarm, tyres, rake/trail etc could have disastrous consequences on the dynamics of the motorcycle if not done properly by someone who knows what he is doing.

1) Handle - Rs1500
Only the handle? That's too pricey. Rs 600-700 is more like it, including plating job.

2)Headlamp( he is planning for a oval shaped doom )-Rs 650
Reasonable

3)Mud Guard-Rs 500
Both mudguards including the painting (I dont think so)? Very reasonable.

4)Silencer (4 side, 2 is dummy & 2 active) - Rs 3000
Reasonable. Be warned that any shoddily done job would, though it may make the bike sound more meaty, spoil the engine totally. Fitting two silencers on a single cylinder engine would also affect engine back pressure and the bike wont remain as rideable.

5)Changing the muffler sound (no idea how this will sound) Rs3000
See 4 above. Modification in the exhaust system is pure science and hence beyond the ken of roadside mechanics.

6)Engine Porting –165 CC (This is max he can do and he has used RX 135 Carborator and a 5 speed gear box)-Rs 7000
Porting? On a 4 stroke engine? ??!!! A 4 stroke engine doesn't have ports - porting is possible on a 2 stroke engine only. I am sure you mean reboring the engine from 125cc to 165cc. I am just praying this mechanic knows what he is doing. Sounds like a sure shot recipe for disaster. Anyways, Rs 7000 is way too much for a reboring job.

7)Fork Height ( already raised by 10" & friend wants to increase the height by few more inches ) -Rs 3500
If this amount is for the complete front end job then it's reasonable. In case its only for welding two tubular pieces to the front forks for increasing the fork height, its daylight robbery.

8)Rear Tyre - Rs 9000 (seems like on the higher side)
Brand/size?

9)80 Spokes Rim Rear:Rs 1800 (Without Spokes)
Costly. Again, brand/size?

10)Front Rim mechanic says he has one but not seen yet: Quotes Rs 4000 rupees
Post a pic before he buys it along with the brand/size

11)Self Starter Kit (Donor part from Gladiator) already purchased - Rs 3700
Reasonable

12)Seat modification - Rs 1500
Depends on what kind of modification is done to the existing seat.

13)Swing-arm( singaram as told by mechanic) to be extended by 2"( I did not recommend this as this might have negative effect on the strength) - Rs2000
Its swingarm. As I said earlier, this is a VERY critical part of a motorcycle and if not fabricated/installed properly, could prove to be extremely dangerous. Since your friend is planning to fit a wider rear tyre, changing the present swingarm is a must. Tread carefully.

14)Avenger Side Stand- Rs 400
Check prices from a Bajaj Probiking showroom

15)Battery- Rs 1000
Correct. Exide Bikerz 12v.

16)brake Levers: 300
Depends on what kind/material these brake levers are. Pretty reasonable.

Reasonable. Brand?

18)Indicators: 400
Brand? Post pictures. Royal Enfield indicators would cost approximately this much.

19)Leather Bag: 850
Very cheap provided it's real leather.

Depends on type/brand.

21) Labour charges - No idea yet
Get idea :biggrin:

Total - Rs 58500 The last picture is the colour he is looking form ( courtesy google)
What about the painting charges? Please keep posting the progress and pictures. Experts on this forum may be able to guide you accordingly then. All the best !

Last edited by a moderator:
Some parts seem priced high. Go for the engine, gearbox and exhaust mod job only if the mechanic is talented and highly knowledged, else forget the amount of time & money you are spending on the bike.

PS: Adding the split up comes less than 46k, am I missing something or you missed some cost?

Thread Starter #7
@ Sam sorry its reboring & not porting sorry my mistake , I just copy pasted the mail that was sent by my friend ,the tire is a MRF, size -170 , horn brand its either roots or stebel , leather bag - I doubt if its a original leather for that price point

@ Mr.Boss - Sorry for the mistake , you have looked into the details , I missed the painting which is quoted as 9k & nickel plating & chroming 4k , no idea of the paint yet if he is going for multi colour or if it would be a single colour but he is sure that he will go for cherry red .will update as soon as he send some pics of wip.

@ Sam sorry its reboring & not porting sorry my mistake , I just copy pasted the mail that was sent by my friend ,the tire is a MRF, size -170 , horn brand its either roots or stebel , leather bag - I doubt if its a original leather for that price point
I strongly advice you to tell your friend not to mess with the engine. Reboring to increase engine cc is not a kid's job. Most of the aftermarket reborers have old machines which they have purchased second hand or third hand from companies/scrap dealers and therefore 99% aftermarket reboring jobs never yield good results. Reboring and matching of piston size has to be done very accurately to the last micro millimeter and this is beyond the technical capability of any roadside mechanic. Let the engine remain stock. This way, the bike would at least remain mechanically reliable. Also, a size 170 tyre would be too big for a 125cc engine. The bike would feel pathetic to ride. You can at max go for the Avenger's tyre. Please reconsider these things before your friend lets his bike get ruined by this mechanic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #10
Here is the new update , the swing arm has been extended , reboring completed , starter fixed , fork height done to the requirement of my friend , now waiting for few parts to arrive ( sorry no idea on what parts ) , the handle that you see is not the one that will go on the bike its actually the old handle , he is planning to get a flat handle ...Sorry for the poor pics.

Attachments

Sreejith : The swingarm job looks horribly done - a mere section welded onto the existing swingarm. What about the strength of metal/steel used? What about quality of welding job done? This is a VERY critical part and going by what I see, I would not dare touch this bike - in might just break into two pieces while riding because the torsional rigidity of the swingarm has been compromised due to welding on another piece to it and therefore the entire setup might not be able to bear the stresses that the original swingarm was designed to bear. Welding an additional section onto the existing swingarm is the worst way to extend the swingarm. The correct way is to fabricate a new swingarm of the desired length. I just hope for the safety of your friend. Fingers crossed.

I am waiting to see how well the rebored engine performs. Please keep us posted.

p.s. - Is that you or your friend sitting on the bike? Why so serious :biggrin:?

Thread Starter #12
Sorry for the long delay guys just got an update , the work is almost complete , paint is pending , few bits & pieces here & there maybe work will be completed within a week or two (hopefully ), here are the few pics that I have received of the alloys , tire & the handle bars .The alloys on the front are 16'' , rear - 15'' , Rear Tyre: 150/90/15 Tubeless Tyre (Pirelli)...

Attachments

Thread Starter #13
Update on the bike , will have the pics do the talking , the upgrade is still not completed , should be within 2-3 weeks @ the max . WIP

Attachments

Thread Starter #15
Here goes the update , painting to be done in a weeks time , they are trying different handles but none liked will need to check on that , any suggestions on the handle ?

Attachments

Top Bottom