Modifications Needed For Drifting

Pic of handbrake(Pic are not clear as they are taken from mobile phone)

Karthik.
Saw the pic.Was too big,saved it on my PC,rotated it 2,3 times & finally came to a conclusion that you should do it from a mechanic or service station.[evil]

Its difficult to tell anything from that pic.

Thread Starter #48
sorry was not able to resize the image this is the last time.
----------Next Post------------
Saw the pic.Was too big,saved it on my PC,rotated it 2,3 times & finally came to a conclusion that you should do it from a mechanic or service station.[evil]

Its difficult to tell anything from that pic.
sorry for the trouble Neil,somehow i managed to find out where to tighten but i dont have the right tool to do so .Now i have to go to the mechanic as you said.
Thanks Neil
Karthik

Last edited by a moderator:
@ karthik.a

Did you get your hand brakes tightened up and tried drifting ?

Here's another video of POWER SLIDING on Curve's using hand brakes.(looks like a proper drift)

[YT]SMvgbf5gOdc&NR=1[/YT]

Last edited:
@ karthik.a

Did you get your hand brakes tightened up and tried drifting ?

Here's another video of POWER SLIDING on Curve's using hand brakes.(looks like a proper drift)
A very clear video Neil.
The start was good by the driver, but it seems he was not fully confident on the technique he used, just as he was closing to the middle of the corner, he lost control over the angle at which he started his drift,shaked a beat and then ended up into an incomplete drift before the corner ends, and went straight from there without any drift,resulting in an imperfect one.

Ya. That's because it was a power slide & using the handbrakes actually stops the car.

Where as in drifts the rear wheels goes on loosing traction as long as we want to.

I agree to the fact that with some more practice the driver could have done it completely.

Ya I also agree with you Neil, its a power slide rather than a drift.As you mentioned in brackets as "looks like a proper drift", thats why I mentioned it as 'drift'..[:)]

Last edited:
To learn it cheap,get a Fiat (Premier padmini). Its rear wheel drive and you can get one for peanuts literally. Dont have to worry much about breaking the car too. Just find an open ground with loose terrain,gravel preferably and just build the revs on a turn and floor the pedal while giving it opposite lock with the steering. I used to rift in our old CJ 500 D.

I used to do in our omni. It was fun.
Now in these sar , these are not drift , just slide , but the feel is sometimes same.

The only thing is you need courage , Vedeo record your drifting and view it , you will come out of fear. Though i didnt follow the method for simple reason - no camera at that time

Top Bottom