Modifications Needed For Drifting

Its better to pay 10 bucks than not having a handbrake.
It was not a HAND BRAKE REMOVING processes[;)]
Anyways your choice & moreover the mechanic will be able to do that more accurately.

Do let us know the results.i have some videos of my friends drifting(power sliding) in alto & esteem taken by me will upload them tonight[:)]

Thread Starter #33
You need not adjust your hand brake. You can just do it with original set up. Pull the hand brake and hold it till the rear steps out and then steer the car as you wish.
Cant just do that in the Original setup ,cant make the wheel lock while running.

Karthik.
----------Next Post------------
It was not a HAND BRAKE REMOVING processes[;)]
Anyways your choice & moreover the mechanic will be able to do that more accurately.

Do let us know the results.i have some videos of my friends drifting(power sliding) in alto & esteem taken by me will upload them tonight[:)]
@Neil
[;)]
That would be helpful Neil.
Thanks

Karthik.

Last edited:
Here are the three videos.
The sound was muted due to the unsuitable language.

1)This was my friends Sumeet.

He tried drifting(power slide)for the first time.He made three attempts.First one was OK,second one was GOOd & the third& the last one was [clap].Check for yourself.Although he was going to almost crash.[lol]

[YT]ATlZMmg1NM0[/YT]

2) This is Saurabh in his alto

[YT]_PliUmk9u9w[/YT]

3)Saurabh again

[YT]shOVuEO8N2I[/YT]

NOTE - All above drifts(power slides)were done by pulling the hand break.

Now to make the above power slides look like drifts we need to practice a bit more & accelerate as soon as the car spins around & the pull the hand brake again & accelerate as soon as the car spins & so on.

IMP - All the above stunts or what ever you call it were done/practiced in a controlled environment.Never practice such things on roads endangering yourself & other peoples life.

Happy & Safe Drifting[cheers]

Last edited by a moderator:

Arun

Suspended
Neat videos Neil. As you mentioned they are power slides and not drifts.

Karthik, did you try drifting after taking so many inputs?
Try posting a video so that we can know what you are upto!

Karthik, I can see that you are from Calicut. Please don't try this in our beach road, especially in the evening [:)]

FYI for others, we have good straight road along side the beach in Calicut. In the evenings, especially SAT and SUN, it is crowded and that is the time when youngsters come with bikes to street race and wheeling. I my self had called highway police once [;)]

Thread Starter #39
Karthik, I can see that you are from Calicut. Please don't try this in our beach road, especially in the evening [:)]

FYI for others, we have good straight road along side the beach in Calicut. In the evenings, especially SAT and SUN, it is crowded and that is the time when youngsters come with bikes to street race and wheeling. I my self had called highway police once [;)]
Shynish,seems like you are also from Calicut.i don't do these drifting and other things in the evening or the busy times i only prefer early morning before the sun rise or late night.But you are right lots of youngsters do stunts and all at the busy time.

Karthik.

Neat videos Neil. As you mentioned they are power slides and not drifts.

Karthik, did you try drifting after taking so many inputs?
Try posting a video so that we can know what you are upto!
Thanks man. Anything for TAI.[evil]

Does anyone know how to tighten honda city type1 handbrakes?
My handbrakes wont stop the vehicle when i pull it.
Karthik.
Why don't you get it done from a mechanic ?[confused] Itz a 5 min job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #43
Thanks man. Anything for TAI.[evil]

Why don't you get it done from a mechanic ?[confused] Itz a 5 min job.
Ill do it form the workshop if i cannot do it.
Let me explain when i removed the cap behing the handbrake i saw two metal rods and an other screw like thing which has a nut on it. what must i do now?

Karthik

Last edited:
Ill do it form the workshop if i cannot do it.
Let me explain when i removed the cap behing the handbrake i saw two metal rods and an other screw like thing which has a nut on it. what must i do now?

Karthik
I cant really tell unless you upload a clear pic of that portion.The settings are done on that part itself.But playing around according to what i say doesn't sound good.I will be blamed if something goes wrong.[;)]
So get it done from a mechanic/workshop.But do upload the pic of that Hand-Brake's Portion when ever you or the mech opens it.[:)]

Thread Starter #45
I cant really tell unless you upload a clear pic of that portion.The settings are done on that part itself.But playing around according to what i say doesn't sound good.I will be blamed if something goes wrong.[;)]
So get it done from a mechanic/workshop.But do upload the pic of that Hand-Brake's Portion when ever you or the mech opens it.[:)]
Ill post the picture of the handbrake adjustment box,everyone can tell their suggestion and nobody will be blamed for my mistake.

Karthik

Top Bottom