Mobile Car Wash Business: Any Good?

Thread Starter #1
Hello FM,

I am planning to set up mobile car wash business. Setup will have everything required for carrying out the work like water tank, generator and gas powered pressure washer and vacuum cleaner. I know the proper techniques of washing a car which I have learned over the years through YouTube and practicing on my own car.

I stay in Thane West and would like to know your view on demand for such service in this area. Since I have full time job, I am planning to this business only on weekends. Any other suggestion would be great.

Don't do it.

You can do only 2 washes a day, considering the traffic and distance. How much can you charge? Max Rs 500. I don't think anyone will pay more than that. Real enthusiasts may pay higher, but they would prefer an established wash or detailing centre with all fancy equipment and works.

You will be facing lot of challenges - housing societies not allowing to wash the car in the parking lot (even if you are using your water and generator), people not happy about doing this on weekend (that's their family outing time) etc.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yes, I too agree with @JohnyBoy. (Don't think we are discouraging you ..)

Now-a-days Car wash shops are available in most of the places (mine is a small town and already half-a dozen car wash centres are there in my area!).

Anyway, suggest doing a survey with known people and friends and see how many are willing to give you the job. Also, the main point as mentioned by JohnyBoy is that whether housing societies will permit you to carry out this job inside the society premises?

Thread Starter #4
You will be facing lot of challenges - housing societies not allowing to wash the car in the parking lot
Even I have been thinking about the same. Further I am not sure whether average person will be ready to pay 500 just for car wash.

Anyway, suggest doing a survey with known people and friends and see how many are willing to give you the job.
I will do that.

Thanks for all your replies. Much appreciated.

There are many startups who have tied up with housing socities and even launched their apps for bookings to wash or maintain vehicles. You can explore something like that.

There are many startups who have tied up with housing socities and even launched their apps for bookings to wash or maintain vehicles. You can explore something like that.
This is full time business. Not i-am-not-doing-anything-on-the-weekends-so-let-me-do-this type of startup.

Top Bottom