MJD BNW Grande Punto Active

Thread Starter #63
Update Time:-

Guys its been a very long time since i have updated my thread. So here are my update's for past 15 months:-

1. Completed my 3rd/30k service from RDC on FEB 2013- Bill amount around 7000 bucks(changed all lubricants, wiper blades and rear fog lamps)
2. Switched to OE 15" inch Punto alloys for exchange of my Lenso's 14" and bought along 4 used PLC for 14000 bucks
3. Changed 2 PLC with new Yoko's AVS dB after a month as i was not satisfied with 2 PLC.
4. My entire car except the roof has been repainted by RDC fiat for the rusting issues. Paid 12000 addition for painting 2 doors, bonnet, front, rear bumpers addition since rest of the body has been covered with warranty. Painted other parts as paint was not matching with the other unpainted area's.
5. Changed front suspension pads, Evaporator coil and electric fan under warranty.
6. Rear seat rattling has been fixed finally after 20 months now. From day 1 i purchased the car i had the rattles and it was fixed finally .

So far my car has done around 40000kms in 25 months out of which 3months my car was idle with FASS and TASS.

Thread Starter #65
dB series are very good for the fact that its very very soft.

Made a trip to banglore couple of months back. Hit a pothole at 120kmph and voila alloy bent and cracked.

Heard from many friends of mine telling that Yoko's tyres tend to make the Fiat alloys cracked.

Replaced the alloys with another new one.

Thread Starter #66
Update Time:-

One of the Yoko AVSdB had damaged its side wall due to a stone hit while i was parking[frustration].
Finally decided to change all 4 tyres. I heard lot of positive reviews from Kenda Tyres. So i decided to take a plunge.

Was searching changemytyre.com and they were offering 3100 per tyre for the size 195/60 R15 and i immediately went on hunt in chennai and found a dealer and he was willing to sell for 3250 per tyre. I was in a hurry to change them before the Chennai Meet.

So the next day went and bought 4 Kenda Komet KR 23 tyres and after selling my 2 PLC and 14inch Stock JK which had done just 250kms i paid 9000 in total with balancing and nitrogen. I would be doing the Alignment during my 45k service next week.

Inital Impression of Kenda is i am more than satisfied. Tyres are super silent no noise at all. At Par with Michelins and Yokos. Breaking is superb so do the grip. BTW one of my existing Yokos were good so it goes into as a spare tyre.

Also changed to new type molded Fiat Mudflaps. Cost 900 plus 175 for labor fixing.

Last edited by a moderator:
They replaced the coolant at 45000 km? Is a coolant replacement at this mileage mentioned in the service manual? Also, are they still using Selenia engine oil or something else?

Air Filter, Fuel Filter, AC Filter cost are same as TATA spares (good Fiat does not charge more). Why transmission oil was changed at 45k?

Thread Starter #71
They replaced the coolant at 45000 km? Is a coolant replacement at this mileage mentioned in the service manual? Also, are they still using Selenia engine oil or something else?
Actual replacement for all the fluids is 60k kms or 2yrs. I changed all the fludids during 30k kms itself (ie around 1.5yrs). But this time my coolant hose was leaking so they changed the hose and coolant too.

Air Filter, Fuel Filter, AC Filter cost are same as TATA spares (good Fiat does not charge more). Why transmission oil was changed at 45k?
Fiat gives spares for TATA (All Filters) so the cost is same. Transmission oil was leaking very slowly due to faulty drain nut so they changed nut and new oil were refilled.

Thread Starter #72
Time for a Update:

Car is would be touching 50k by end of the month. And so far no issues just normal service.

Would be doing a clutch replacement sometime soon since clutch has become hard due to my bad driving habits and B2B city traffic. And my Kenda tyres is 5k old now and it is still impressing me a lot.

And i am introducing a new member to the Family Vespa VX 125

Some pics.

Attachments

Nice stickers, red ORVMs look lovely; but please get rid of that rear mounted antenna.

Lovely snaps with 1100 and Padmini. Makes me go BOOHOOOOOOO.

Good to see another Italian. when's the ownership review coming up?

Thread Starter #74
Thanks Sam. Ownership of Italian Babe would take some time to hit TAI.

Rear antenna has been removed for time being. But another pattern rear antenna is going into it tomo.

Congrats Bharath on getting Vespa.Can you tell me the mileage of Vespa?Planning to buy one by this year.My friend owns a 2012 Vespa,which has done just 6000 Km in 2 years and when I asked him about FE,he said it is giving 60 Kmpl.

Last edited:

Top Bottom