MJD BNW Grande Punto Active

Wow! 5*s

Bharathj85,

The way you've mod-ded your car and the extensive driving done, it's really cool! The door incident must be the "dhrishti"! :(

As you age with your car, you might start enjoying her finesse and class.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #49
Car met with a accident again.[frustration]

Now its my fault. I banged the share auto from the back. Front bumper needs a replacement. Luckly nothing happened mechanically just the bumper broke.

Sent it for replacement.

Car met with a accident again.[frustration]

Now its my fault. I banged the share auto from the back. Front bumper needs a replacement. Luckly nothing happened mechanically just the bumper broke.

Sent it for replacement.

Sorry to hear those words,

where it happened? any claims you provided to share auto?

Very sorry to hear about the incident dude! How much would be the appx cost for bumper replacement? Good to know that there is no other major damage!

Thread Starter #53
Update Time:-

Its been 11 months since i have got her and clocked 22222k kms.

Pros:-
As everyone knows the build quality and the ride satisfaction.

Cons:-
Low ground clearance, side clearance, lag in 2nd gear.

Nowadays feel like the suspension is not as stiff as it used to be. Maybe because of the roads that i travel (oops sorry no roads at all only potholes). And rattling noise from the dash(from the speedo region) and rattling from the rear seats.

And there is sudden drop in mileage figures from 15kmpl to 12kmpl for past to fillups. I think i need to change the air filter and clean up the turbo.

Removed the 3M sunfilm and added Lumar transparent film. And i have started to loose my privacy.

Attachments

Last edited:
Fiat brought high GC upgrades just to silence the media who endlessly bashed punto and linea saying that it is other wise good car but due to low GC not suited for Indian roads which kept customers at bay without a second thought.
To me it is just fine in kerala roads which is worse than any roads in India. Whenever I feel slightest chances of underbody scrapping I just slowdown. More over it have a tough engine shield too.
Look at the other higher segment cars which scrap worse than Punto but media have no intentions to mention it anywhere.
I have been witness to a vento which got stuck over railway crossing hump. We adviced ladies at rear to get down so the car may raise little high.(if the owner is reading this my apology) Even ford figo, skoda fabia and vw Polo scrap worse than punto.
longer nose seems like the culprit behind this imaginary low GC and scrappping issue but that adds to proper centre of gravity and aerodynamics of the car which makes punto such a car with incredible dynamics

Fiat brought high GC upgrades just to silence the media who endlessly bashed punto and linea saying that it is other wise good car but due to low GC not suited for Indian roads which kept customers at bay without a second thought.
But those same customer's never even blinked their eye's while putting their money on Honda's which too had a similar GC issue.[anger]

But those same customer's never even blinked their eye's while putting their money on Honda's which too had a similar GC issue.[anger]
Blame it on fiat management! they never cared to correct themselves.

Just go to a Honda showroom vs fiat showroom and the feel the difference.

Honda SE talks and acts like perfectly trained professional; maybe selectively trained to serve the purpose-Sale !

Fiat SE guys will say "dekhna padega" (I will have to check it)-They always behave and act like trainees-Which doesn't inspire confidence in customer ever!.

Let me not go Further OT and bring in the wrath of BharathJ !

GC have been never a issue for me. It just matter of slowing down your car to dead stop and you are safe. But as bharathj85's PUNTO is active having smaller tyre will also loose some GC. Am I correct in thinking this?

To me it is just fine in kerala roads which is worse than any roads in India. Whenever I feel slightest chances of underbody scrapping I just slowdown. More over it have a tough engine shield too.
Oh! this engine shield is such a bliss on Indian roads. Couple of times when I had to off roading (literally no roads) with my Punto, this engine shield inspired me so much confidence. I wonder in any other car I would have even dared to take those roads! Why such safety features wont get highlighted! Recently my colleague's Figo's oil filter was blown while he was negotiating a speed breaker within the city!

Top Bottom