MJD BNW Grande Punto Active

Congrats for ur beauty and it looks superb in white. Alloys would definitely increase its appeal even more. Do drive with light pedal during the run in period. Happy and safe motoring [drive]

@bharathj85,Congrats for your new acquisition.wishing you miles and miles of happy ownership.

I have been looking for ownership review but dint find any.
It would be much interesting to know how you feel about your ride.
Do you think it is underpowered ,sluggish,etc..as general public says and keep away from owning such a wonderful ride?

Thread Starter #20
MJD BNW Grande Punto Active 4 Months and 10000kms update

It is been nearly 4 months i have updated the thread. I have been busy with her. Lot of changes have happened in me during this time.

Just love being with her. 1st service happened within 45days of the purchase of the car. My dealer was shocked to see the interior of the car. I have changed the full interiors of the car. Added arm rest, Autographix wooden finish like dash, SUB, etc.

I have changed clothes, slept had food and even tried bathing in the car. My neighbour has purchased a swift DDIS along with me and today he asked me how much i have driven my car. I said close to 9800kms. He got shockedd. He was telling my dad last week that he has done around 3500kms in his car and was putting scene that he has driven his car like hell.

He test drove my puntoo today and came back and asked whether it is petrol car. He said he didnt even feel like driving his swift again.

There are no proper roads in my area and in chennai city after the monsoon rains infact no roads at all. Puntoo handles them very well. Cant even feel a small rattle even after 10k kms. Hats off to Fiat suspension but only disadvantage is that the front bumper has got lot of scratches due to low ground clearance.

Just ripping her to core. In fact i showed say i am raping my car everyday. Max speed i touched was 145kms/hr. And my average speed in the odo is always 55km/hr.

My office is around 60kms from my home. I take her to office mostly 3 days a week. It is some kind of race going and coming from office. Normally i travel in GST road where lot of buses and taxis ply. Always some taxi walla try to have a go with me. But unfortunately they lose the race with me.

I have to say that there is a lot of lag in the 2nd gear. Once into 3rd it pulls on and on. Here are my mileage figures:-

With A/C on:-
Speeds within 80-100kms/hr - 24.7kms/liter
Speeds within 120 - 150kms/hr - 16.83kms/liter
Speeds in peak city bumper to bumper traffic - 14.5kms/liter

Accessories added:-

3M sun film CS 40 - 3500 bugs
Arm rest (some local) - 1300 bugs
Pioneer 8250 HU, JBL Comps for the front door, Infinty Reference co axis,
JBL 4 channel amp and Pioneer Factory encloser SUB. Total around 30k
Autographix wooden finish dash - 1500 bugs
Central Locking - 4000bugs
Roof Antenna - 550 bugs
Under Chasis LED's - 3000bugs

And finally some pics. I will add detail pics soon.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
bharathj85:Good to see another satisfied Punto owner. Did you get your grille, external door handles, and ORVMs painted before delivery? How has been your experience with the after sales service? How did the first service go? What was your first service bill? Have you faced any niggles in the car till date?

Car looks killer buddy! And you have put on so many mods[:)] Seriously how much do you travel?? I have got Punto around 2 months back and till date could only cover 3900 Kms, you are driving her like mad[:)]

Can you post a picture of the armrest? I am thinking of getting one. How easy/difficult is it to install one?

Thread Starter #24
bharathj85:Good to see another satisfied Punto owner. Did you get your grille, external door handles, and ORVMs painted before delivery? How has been your experience with the after sales service? How did the first service go? What was your first service bill? Have you faced any niggles in the car till date?
Yup i got the grill, door handles and the OVRM's painted before delivery. It was one part of many compliments i got. ASS is okay with me as its just fluids top up and little tweaks they do in the 1st service. Since it was free service i did not shell out any money. So far no niggles with the car except for few rattles in the door. I showed blame the roads i travel.

Car looks killer buddy! And you have put on so many mods[:)] Seriously how much do you travel?? I have got Punto around 2 months back and till date could only cover 3900 Kms, you are driving her like mad[:)]

Can you post a picture of the armrest? I am thinking of getting one. How easy/difficult is it to install one?
Seriously i travel a lot. I do weekly tank up of diesel. I do roughly about 600-800 kms a week. I will post a clear pic of the arm rest soon along with some other pic's.

Thread Starter #25
Another 1st:

Accident happened yesterday[frustration]. Hit by a ACE on the left doors. Back left door has got a hole now[confused]. Will post pics tomo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, sad to hear about that accident. I know how it feels when your baby gets hurt with no fault of your. Waiting for the pics.

Top Bottom