Mitsubishi Launches Lancer Evo X at Rs.49.95 Lakhs!

350Z

Core Team
Amazing!! This is definitely going to be a car worth waiting for and it has real genes of a sports car. Sources report the price tag to be somewhere Rs.40+ Lakhs, Let’s see if it will have some takers or the Evo will remain only as a show-off car by Mitsubishi.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Amazing!! This is definitely going to be a car worth waiting for and it has real genes of a sports car. Sources report the price tag to be somewhere Rs.40+ Lakhs, Let’s see if it will have some takers or the Evo will remain only as a show-off car by Mitsubishi.

Drive Safe,
350Z
The car they are launching is the Lancer EVO X and not the EVO X I think.

They can't price the Lancer Evo X more then 15L, any more and it won't sell at all.

350Z

Core Team
There were plans by Mitsubishi of launching new lancer of similar shape but if we are to go by rumors, then this is the Mitsubishi Lancer EVO-X and expected price is nothing less than Rs.40 Lakhs.

Drive Safe,
350Z

The Lancer EVO X is quite popular worldwide and i dont think it will bear any loss due to the lancer image. But surely at that premium price they must do some wonders under the hood to make it a success. I dont want to see another underpowered version of a good car.

AMG

Suspended
What is the difference between lancer evo x and evo x?
I always thought there were only 2 models lancer and lancer evo x.
Which is evo x?

I think what Mitsubishi is trying to do here is to build some momentum and brand value with the introduction of the EVO X. Sure, this car is not aimed at the masses and neither does it pretend to be a luxury saloon. It is what it is. An enthusiast's delight. You would not even get a second glance in your Superb V6 (or dare I say even the BMW 5-Series) and as far as driving fun is concerned, well, the EVO is miles away. It is a very wise move by Mitsubishi to bring in this EVO X and later introduce the Lancer to compete with the Corolla, Laura, Jetta and the Cruze. People who can't afford the EVO X will surely opt for its smaller sibling. Mitsubishi have really woken up it seems!

Meanwhile here is the video of the Autocar India review of the Mitsu EVO X. (Don't be fooled by the name of the video, it is a wrong caption.) YouTube - Autocar: Yamaha YBR vs Honda Twister

What is the difference between lancer evo x and evo x?
I always thought there were only 2 models lancer and lancer evo x.
Which is evo x?
Lancer evoX and evoX is the same car. I think other than regular lancer and evoX theres one more lancer named ralliart(i hope i am spelling it right).
as far as the difference between lancer and lancer evoX is concerned, there are many. While the lancer is fwd the evo is awd with a turbocharged engine. Also its bhp figure is almost twice that of the regular lancer. Last but not the least the looks of the evoX are way ahead of regular one.
For the premium price tag i dont think mitsu should be blamed since evo would be a CBU and the high import taxes are the culprits of that heavy tag.

Last edited:
In the auto Expo 3 years back there were 2 cars.

One was named the New Lancer X and 2nd was the Lancer Evo X

However worldwide these is a Lancer and a Lancer Evo. They both look very similar.

The Lancer

The Lancer comes with 1.5 and 1.8 Petrol, 2.0 Diesel engine

Evo

The Lancer Evo comes with a 2.0 MIVEC Petrol only! Amazing engine!

350Z

Core Team
Launch of Lancer-X would have been even more mouth watering for those who can not afford Evo-X, But now as Mitsubishi is launching Evo-X in market, I doubt that similar shape lancer would come which can affect Evo’s exclusivity and image.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom