Mitsubishi Launches Gadget Loaded Cedia Select 2012

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Mitsubishi Motors has launched a revised version of Cedia Select (2012) at price tag of Rs.8.90 Lakhs (Ex. Showroom, Delhi) with some useful gadgets such as:

> 7” Map My India Android Based Carpad with 3G

> 6.1” 4 Speaker Touchscreen Kenwood DVD Player

> Built-in Parking Rear View Camera Screen on HU

And a few other attractions include:

> New Oyster Leather Seats

> New 12 Spoke Alloy Wheels

> New Two-Tone Beige Interiors

> Three Spoke Leather Wrapped Power Steering

The Cedia is unarguably one of the best driver’s cars in <10 Lakh range – Do you think these add-ons can help to offer it a much-needed boost in terms of sales?

Here’s an excerpt from the press release about MMI Carpad and Kenwood Audio Set up.
The vehicle with a 7-inch Mapmyindia android-based carpad via 3G has made making calls, watching TV, surfing net, video-chatting with facility of rear-view and checking e-mails really simple even while travelling. With in-built map and real time navigation system, one will now be able to locate directions and localities with ease. The 12-volt supply for charging will provide up to seven hours of talk time and the touch screen interface will make playing games a lot of fun. Being portable, the tablet can be mounted either on the windscreen or at the back of the head-rest for the passengers of the rear seat and can also be used outside the vehicle if required.

The Cedia Select also comes with a 4-speaker Kenwood DVD player with 6.1” touch-screen interface which is GPS compatible and has bluetooth/USB connectivity as well. The rear-view camera, fitted at the back of the vehicle, offers output on the audio unit and, thus, makes driving trouble-free and safe.
Mitsubishi-Cedia-Select-2012.jpg

Mitsubishi-Cedia-2012-Carpad.jpg

Mitsubishi-Cedia-Select-2012-Clear-lens-Headlamps.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Somehow since its launch, Cedia has always been my pick when it comes to sporty / driver's car! It carried the Rally car appeal with it, but sad that it didnt do to well in the Indian market. Hope with these upgrades, we can see few more Cedias on road!

The Kenwood DVD player is GPS compatible but navigation has not been included with it. It would have been great if it was.

I guess it will not make any difference to Sales which is dismal any way. Great car, poor support and will not improve until Mitsu separates from HM. Also need new models and a diesel option urgently.

Thread Starter #4

350Z

Core Team
I forgot to mention, New Cedia Select is available in only three colors: White Speed, Black Flash, Rally Red. Striking Cyclone Yellow is kept reserved for ‘Sports’ variant.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #5

350Z

Core Team
A digital flyer of the updated “Limited Edition” Mitsubishi Cedia Select.

Mitsubishi-Cedia-Select-2012.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

This is a very good car let down by poor network, new launch seems to pack a good punch with loads of feature's and it's priced very well but i feel it's too late.

guys cedia select was phased out and only sports was in market! relaunching select is great move but very steep price! IMO even 8 lacs ex.showroom would be great!

Mitsubishi should realize that what they are selling on the Indian soil is obsolete; The Lancer, Cedia (which is last generation of Lancer worldwide) and the Pajero. The new gen lancer was launched around 2006-2007 IIRC worldwide and its been good 5-6 years, M-HM are still selling those obsolete models in India.

What the corporate doesn't realize is the fascination of Indians for the Lancer and for Mitsubishi products in general, and I fail to understand that why the company has not been able to realize this fact and cash on it. The new gen Lancer is AWESOME (same as the EVO but with lower engine specs) and is very much able to to become the brad and butter of M-HM.

Top Bottom