Mitsubishi Cedia Sports Ownership Review

Thread Starter #61
Well,

I did not get good response from motormind. So, I ditched the idea of customizing the bumpers.

But.....

I changed the manifolds/headers to automech. Now, I have pure free flow exhaust system installed and it's revving awesome.

Automech Freeflow headers + Magnaflow Racecat + 200cell glass pack resonators + magnaflow 14813 muffler

:-)

I will add the video later..

- Rajiv

Thread Starter #65
Reason is, if you change the stock filter to same model K&N or BMC that gives the same performance as CDA filter.

The important reason is if you add CDA, you better drive your car in dust free environment. I don't think it is designed for env like Bangalore/India. The setup like stock filter which is covered inside 'black box' is good design in my opinion. I tried both setup and I felt stock setup with K&N filter gives same performance and reduced number of cleaning & oiling the filter.

My apologies for the delayed reply to your query Gosha.

My suggestion is Iridium plugs & replace the stock filter with K&N.

All the best!!

-- Rajiv

Reason is, if you change the stock filter to same model K&N or BMC that gives the same performance as CDA filter.

The important reason is if you add CDA, you better drive your car in dust free environment. I don't think it is designed for env like Bangalore/India. The setup like stock filter which is covered inside 'black box' is good design in my opinion. I tried both setup and I felt stock setup with K&N filter gives same performance and reduced number of cleaning & oiling the filter.

My apologies for the delayed reply to your query Gosha.

My suggestion is Iridium plugs & replace the stock filter with K&N.

All the best!!

-- Rajiv
Well in my case the service guys closed the intake saying that water might get in and this makes the engine strain at higher revs and there is slight loss of power.So I thought of getting a cai.

So its better to get them to fit back the old intake and go for the stock k&n/bmc filter?Where was your intake inlet placed when you had the cda?Does iridium plug make a difference?

Also planning for an ecu remap and kiirus mentioned that I'll get 131bhp and 200-210somethin nm of torque.[:)]

Thanks Rajiv, its better late than never.Yours is the only Cedia i found having a cda , sorry for troubling you with all these questions.[roll]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #67
Yup. Go for ECU remap. The default ECU map is not that great.

Iridium plug's difference will not be as visible as free airflow intake. But, it helps in the long run. Go for Denso/NGK Iridium plugs.

Yes. like the service guys say it has serious issues during rainy season. So, the present setup and replace stock filter with K&N or BMC. I use K&N and it really makes difference.

- Rajiv

Now I am confused between Kiirus and Tune-o-tronics.Which is better?
Tune-o-tronics, you just have to pay once and you can get it remapped multiple times which is not the case with kiirus I
guess.Moreover tune-o-tronics seems to be cheaper but kiirus quoted a little bit more power and torque.

Really confused![confused]

Thread Starter #69
Simple. I am sure Tuneotronics could do the same as well. As evidiently you will not have 200 BHP if you don't have turbo charging etc.,

So, go for a best of both worlds. Good mileage & more HP, torque. Talk to both of them and go with whoever gives you good comfort. In fact, there is no single attempt to get ECU remap right. It will be trial & error. So, you will end up correcting some values here and there after we change ECU map and it is better if you get to pay only once.

my 2 cents..

- Rajiv

Thread Starter #74
Well,

Even though, I don't really want to sell it - maintaining two cars is pain with other responsibilities. I have test driven XUV 500, Skoda Superb & Skoda Octi MK III and I have zeroed in on new 2016 Ocatavia 2016 (MK III).

I am booking 1.8 TSI Petrol AT.

I know that you would frown for an AT - but, Bangalore roads have taken fun away from driving stick shift. The Octavia AT is not that bad for an AT. It has paddle shift that works flawless in manual (?!) mode and also sport mode is not bad either.

So, Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI AT.

Only, grumpy feeling there is - no black interior, it's available in 'beige interior only'.

I will start another thread on test drive experiences in Bangalore with most of the dealers and other test drives that I had.

- Rajiv

Top Bottom