Thread Starter #32
Present ICE setup

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
JL Audio HD 900/5 amp
Rockford Fosgate T162S components - no passive crossovers
Polk Audio SR 10DVC Sub
Tsunami 10 farad capacitor
Monster 6-channel RCA XLN

Yes, I have true 2.1 setup rather than usual 4.1 setup.

Cedia came with poor quality Blaupunkt single DIN HU (in 2007) and pathetic speakers. So, I changed to Alpine CDA-9886 and Polk momo co-axials - my old speakers from prev car. Alpine's 9886 was good, but I had to have audio processor to have Time Alignment and EQ. It was good for some 4 years & I sold this audio setup to buy RF comps and Kenwood KIV-701 mechless player. KIV-701 has audio & video single DIN. It was not good for music. It is good to showoff - a waste product.

That was the time, mid of 2011 Pioneer announced arrival of audiophile HU DEH-80PRS. I already had RF comps, polk sub and JL HD amp. So, good HU was my essential. I waited so eagerly and I booked it immediately from US when released, thru Borderlinx. I think I might be first guy to get DEH-80PRS in Bangalore/India ( :-) I know, I know blah blah)

This unit has 24-bit Burr-Brown DAC, 5V RCA pre-outs, auto Time Alignment, Auto EQ thru supplied micro phone and most of all active crossover network mode setup. It also has plenty of inputs. I can feed CD, SD memory, 2 USB (either iPod or USB stick), low or high level audio inputs at rear, front aux as well. Very extensive input play support. Guess what, Bluetooth support for audio streaming and handsfree calls. Micro phone for phone calls is supplied as well. What more you can ask for $345 ?????

HD 900/5 is class-D amp for 5 channel from JL Audio. JLA has done a magic with this piece. With their single cycle control power technology they have created a class-D amp for audiophiles. One must listen to it to believe that it's not class-AB. So, being digital amp it is small in size but can produce 4x100watts and 1x500watts of power. so, all my speakers are taken care by one single amp.

I wanted to have high impedance for my sub and so, I ended up dual voice coil subwoofer from Polk audio. I got the signature ref series sub. This baby just rocks. My sub initially was kept in separate subwoofer box which occupied bigger space in trunk. So, worked with fabricator to have compact yet suggested cubic capacity for sub woofer stealth box.

Now, this HU can be configured in two modes - standard mode where normally front two speakers, rear two speakers and one sub along the way. The other mode is Network mode, where high, mid and low frequency active crossover setup. With this, I can get rid of passive crossovers that came with component speakers. I initially connected the HU in standard mode and decided to go for Network mode for two reasons:
1. I can get best out of audio source
2. If I get rid of rear tray co-axials, that place can be used to vent air when my sub is thumping and also, no interference from rear speakers to destroy true front stage stereo performance.

so, took off the rear tray co-axials and left those holes covered by speaker grill. This helps me to have air flow for my subwoofer inside the trunk and a result is pure bass. My front component's passive crossovers are taken off and I have pure aluminium 1" tweeter and 6.5" mid, directly connected to amp. All my crossovers are taken care at source unit itself.

Here is the configuration:

RCA preouts are laid out like Top two are for High frequency, middle two RCAs are for Mid range and mid bass and lower RCAs are for low frequency for subwoofer. I have setup the HU to have 125Hz as my Low LPF, 100Hz to be by mid range HPF, 2.5 KHz to be mid LPF and 2.5 KHz to be my Highs HPF. After this configuration, without any TA and EQ, I kept the HU in full volume and used multi-meter to check RCA pre-outs to have 5V output for all 80Hz, 500 Hz, 1KHz and 12.5KHz test frequencies. Once it is done, I connected RCAs to Amp. Now, since my front comps have 4 ohm impedance and sub is of 8 ohm, I made sure that gains are adjusted to have 20 volts out from amp thru speaker connections, with the help of multi-meter. Then speaker connections are made.

Now, I know that pure non-clipping output is given to my speakers. Time for eq and time alignment, which is a breeze in DEH-80PRS. It just took 10 mins to complete those with supplied mic.

After all that, I just played the favorite Hotel California of Eagles - hell freezes over version and...man - what a pure audio that I can get.. WWWWWooowwwww.....

A..M..A..Zing clarity and true audio fidelity. I know it is the orchestra of HU, Amp and Speakers and patience to have cleaner audio.

I'll add fotos later..

Wonderful write up, Lancer indeed is a wonderful driver's car which you can buy under 10L but only to be let down by it's maker's attitude towards our market.

Ad!tya

Suspended
Oh wow! That is the most interesting ICE report I have ever read. Hats off bro!!

BTW A video would be great for us to hear the SQ.

Thread Starter #36
Breath-in & Breath-out

Here is another mod report of mine on Cedia.

I am talking about cold-air intake and free-flow muffler. To begin with, I have Iridium plugs from NGK from 2nd month of my new Cedia. After a year or so, I decided to go for cold air intake from K&N. I took conical shaped K&N with assembly. After fixing it, I can really see the free RPM revs and minor feel of improvement. But, the problem with K&N setup is that, I had to cover the filter portion from engine to avoid getting burned up ;-). Also, it got dried up within 2 months and I had to clean up and oil up every second month. I think, this K&N is not allowed in state of California in US for this reason ;-). Looks like our Bangalore/India polution is too rough for this filter.

So, I decided to go for stock setup with K&N filter. This is good - no engine 'hummmm' when I rev it, like I used to get from cold air intake, but clean air take better than stock filter is what I assume. I don't see any performance difference though.

Anyways, I was reading about more cold air intake filters and came across CDA filters from BMC. I also figured that it is available from Redrooster of Bangalore. So, when I went there to tune my shocks, I asked them to fit CDA filter from BMC. Redrooster has custom clamps and tube ready for Cedia to fit CDA filter. They did a nice job of fixing it in my car. As you may aware of, CDA has Carbon cyliderical box that protects airfilter from engine heat and BMC has given a better filter inside. As the air intake path (visibly) shortened and relatively cold air is supplied to engine. I can immediately feel the 'hhummmmmmm' of engine, when I rev it light, with this new filter and man... trust me I can feel difference in car torque. I can feel that air intake to engine is much better now. [:D]

By this time, I have received my Magnaflow 14829 free flow muffler with necessary pipes and clamps welded from N1-racing, Mumbai. I took the car to SVR motors and asked them to fit it along with my regular service. Since, there was no modification needed for this muffler as the mods are done with muffler by N1, they agreed after persuation. I was little worried about muffler sound after hearing some sample sound from youtube, but, I was assured by N1 racing that I won't have that noise normally since, I'm not chaging entire pipeline. After fitting the muffler, I was happy that I don't get noise at all like sample sounds of youtube videos, unless I rev it too much. I don't want to be to loud on the road.

Now, the freeflow effect is not very much audible but I can definitely feel that the response of the car is marginally - improved. I have not really measured the performance with petrol consumption due to well known bangalore traffic, but, I shall keep you posted after my trip to Coorg. Performance, I can say that it is truly sports car now. Far better than stock car for sure.. [clap]

After a week of use, I just figured that my rear skirt, close to the outlet of muffler has been melted by hot smoke blown by muffler since, the outlet pipe is bigger than stock muffler. I should have removed the skirt when I fixed this one. [roll] My bad. Anyways, I'll do that this weekend.

More later after my trip

Wow Lancer and Cedia later were my 1st crush in cars as i was a Kid + the Tata Safari 1st Gen which came in my night dreams as Love at 1st sight [;)]

The thread shows your passion mate,, keep it up we need enthusiasts like you [:)]

Thread Starter #39
Hello folx,

I am back with more updates after long silence.

first things first:

Combination of BMC CDA air filter, Tein suspension and Magnaflow muffler for cedia is great combi. The driving experience is awesome and control on the road is remarkable.

But, do not change the stock clutch assembly without changing the flywheel. I changed to Exedy Stage 1 clutch set - but did not change the flywheel as suggested by mechanic. This makes the car to loose low end torque/pick up. On a straight line racing it may be useful. EXedy Stage 1 clutch set expects the driver to rev up the engine to higher level than the normal driving rev up. Also, when the car has more passengers, Stage 1 feels sluggish. I did a major research and I am suggested to go with Fidanza 16111 flywheel (all aluminium) for Cedia with Exedy Stage 1. But, I don't want to go with it. I changed back to stock clutch (which is exedy not stage 1) and black beauty is peppy again.

I recently gave the car for service with SVR motors and I was talking to parts in charge person over there. He told me that in 3 months, HM will be out of Mitsubishi and MMC itself will take care of India operations directly. Already, the top management is changed to MMC personnel, it seems.

He also told me that Mirage, Evo looking Lancer, Outlander Diesel and Pajero Sport Automatic will be released in 6 months.

Drive safe,
Rajiv

Wonder how i missed this thread, Subscribed now

Those are some tasteful mods you have done, and yes Cedia is one of my favourite too

One Question : Is Cedia still available or its production is stopped ?

Those are some tasteful mods you have done, and yes Cedia is one of my favourite too

It is,in fact at a very VFM price of 9Lacs on road here.

Thread Starter #42
In Bangalore you can buy from svr motors and their showroom is on st. Marks road. I hope it comes close to 10.7 on road in Blr.

Rajiv, congratulations on your ride,one of the superb rev machines you have got there.Can you please post more shots of your momo wheels,love those momo wheels from mistu amazing they are.

It is,in fact at a very VFM price of 9Lacs on road here.
In Bangalore you can buy from svr motors and their showroom is on st. Marks road. I hope it comes close to 10.7 on road in Blr.
The love for my Esteem is becoming less after seeing the Cedia for this price..... Quite tempting !

I wonder why most of the people don't like the cedia as much as other cars

Hi Guys,

I am very much excited on Cedia Sports, last few months there were no such community where I have not visited to check all the review and updates on Cedia. I know the production of this variant of Mitsubishi has been stopped but there were some places where the stock available so I made a deal with them. Here are some update, and need your expert review, if this is ok:
- Model: Cedia Advance Sports
- Momo sterring wheel, OZ racing wheels, BS Potenza, Keenwood no touch screen, GPS an option for me.
- White color
- Beige Interior
- Racing paddle
- Ex show room price 9.3 (manufacturing year sept 2011)
The dealer is providing me discount for this piece. Including RTO+Insurance+Extended warranty+Delivery charge upto Mumbai = 9 lac on road. I can force him to reduce to around 8.9 or will ask him to add some nice accessories. He asking me for 9.3 but I am pushing him but low.

I have given some booking amount, but want to confirm if this price is good to pick. I need your response very quick. Because I have to submit all the document to bank for loan. Axis bank is offering 10% floating for few days, and I do not want to miss it, and Cedia.

I have seen Corola, Laura, Civic (its production already stopped), City, Linea, Vento, Cruze, Vento, Scala, XUV 500, but unable to see Cedia at showroom now a days, it looks awesome. The ratio like FE:Suspension:Sporty:Aerodynamic:Performance is no match with any sedans within 16 lakh.

Believe me, I drove Audi RS 5, and when I drove Cedia can't imagine I feel the seating position similar, I never tried Cedia before, now I want that feeling always.

So guys, please provide your helpful suggestion to me.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
Pranab

Top Bottom