Mitsubishi Cedia Sports Ownership Review

Ad!tya

Suspended
Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports Ownership Review - Part 1

Great pics! Great car! Great Ice!
Any plans about modifying the rear? It looks too plane jane as compared to the front.

Thread Starter #17

Thanks Ad!tya! I am planning to go for Depo tail lights soon and also the new muffler. That's pretty much at the rear. More than looks, I'm trying to make the car true sports car. So, after muffler, my prime chase will be for brake rotors and calipers without affecting existing wheel drum. I would definitely need forum's opinion and guide. I'll post different thread on that.

Thanks again for your time reading my review.

awesome woofers buddy
i want to see more pictures of your interiors please

Ad!tya

Suspended

Yeah, there is one sub, an amp, a provision for amp. What is the rectangular thing near the sub? :stupid:

Thread Starter #23

Here is the best mod I want to talk about. Tein dampers & coil over super street suspension. If anybody wants to have true sports performance out of cedia, I suggest these dampers. Well, it available in India (Blr) and it is Rs.92,000 with fitment from Red rooster performance. Guys at red rooster performance do good job.

With stock dampers, it was comfy and it was missing the sporty, edgy performance. I changed to Tein after too much of reading and since it was available here I took it up.

Super street can be fitted with EDFC switch which can electrically tune the suspension from driver seat. I did not opt for it. I decided to go with manual tuning than Rs. 14000 electric control. Top bolt on the dampers can be twisted to 0-25 ticks to have stiffer to soft shocks performance. Lower the ticks, stiffer the suspension is.

If I needed to have complete control of driving it is better to have stiffer suspension. I have tuned it to 6 & 10 for front & back. Pictures are attached.

With our road condition, I think this gives me best performance out of car. I tried softer setting on smooth road like NICE corridor, but, I do not prefer that. Since, the sudden over-taking of slow cars & trucks and two wheeler menace needed my constant attention and I needed my stallion to be pepped for it.

But, hey it is my personal preference. But, the point is that the cedia is truly a sports car now with these dampers.

The control and stability when turning at higher speed really makes me feel that I'm trained rally driver :-) I don't do it much though, but occasionally the college kid in me with RX100 come to life ;-)

It is truly AMAZing how these coil overs change the driving experience.

I have the pictures attached for the front and rear top portion that is visible under the hood and within boot. For rear adjustment, I had to cut open the boot interior clothing to reach out to the top bolt of rear damper.

Attachments

Ad!tya

Suspended

WOW! WOW! WOW!
Amazing. Now, Your cedia is on the track to become a true sports car.
How is the experience on bumpy roads, even if the suspension is set to 25?

Super thread Rajiv, i will be glued to it, rating it 5 stars(also in the anticipation of more pictures), great if you can share more data on the Tein dampers,anything quantitative in terms of difference to stock would be great.

Thanks again for sharing.

Thread Starter #26

I have not tried 25 ticks ever for any road.

I tried up to 18 ticks on bumpy, very, very bumpy road. I should say that it was comfortable drive, but, as I had stated earlier in the post, I wanted to have the response in the steering. So, I immediately in fact - stopped car on the side opened the hood and trunk and changed the settings ;-) back to lower ticks

To answer your question - yes it was comfy but not much of control

WOW! WOW! WOW!
Amazing. Now, Your cedia is on the track to become a true sports car.
How is the experience on bumpy roads, even if the suspension is set to 25?

Thread Starter #27

Alright, I just tested various ticks and the result is here.

10 ticks makes very very comfy and controlled as well. If you go beyond 10 ticks, I feel control is missing. It is not that car slips away while turning - the fun is missing. Also, tein suggests max ticks to 16.

So, the suggestion is 8 ticks front and 10 ticks at the rear from my experience.

But, I have kept little stiffer 7 ticks for front and 8 ticks at the rear. This suits my style of driving.

- Rajiv

Thread Starter #28

Thanks Very much Iron Rock. I really appreciate it. I would write more after I change my muffler manifold. I'm planning to take it up to hill station like Chikmagalur - some 300KMs from Bangalore. The en-route is filled with bumpy, curvy and good roads. I shall post my Tein experience after that in 3 weeks.

- Rajiv

Super thread Rajiv, i will be glued to it, rating it 5 stars(also in the anticipation of more pictures), great if you can share more data on the Tein dampers,anything quantitative in terms of difference to stock would be great.

Thanks again for sharing.

350Z

Core Team

I missed this fantastic thread somehow. Congrats on Cedia. My all time favorite sedan in < 10 Lakh budget. This is the car I was looking for before purchasing the Fiesta Classic. You have made best out of it with those tasteful modifications (look-wise and performance alike). I’m subscribing to this thread too. Keep us updated. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #30
Thanks a ton 350z!

All, my muffler Magnaflow 14829 is fixed and as I expected/wanted - no big sound to wake up my neighbors, since, I have not changed catalytic converter and resonator. They remain stock. This enables car to breath out free. I will update you on performance after my trip in couple of weeks.

I'm planning to start my part-2 which will talk about aesthetics, ICE. I'll start with ICE.

:-)

Last edited:

Top Bottom