Mitsubishi 3000GT / GTO Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Mitsubishi GTO - 3 litre , twin turbo awd - 1993
Modifications include lambo doors, aftermarket 18" rims, custom paint and refurbished interior, aftermarket spoiler and custom front lip, k-sport performance coilovers, front-mounted intercooler, profec boost-controller, pro-maf translator, ssq blow-off valve, fuel lab fuel kit with fpr, filter and afr meter, twin mushroom air filters short-shifter gear, momo steering, drls, racing clutch, sports exhaust, battery relocated in boot, high flow fuel pump with direct battery connection, battery cut-off switch, performance brake lines, (abs delete kit and hks turbo timer being installed)

Some more pictures

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #2
Re: Mitsubishi 3000GT / GTO

This is my second GTO - totally stock - targa top with performance coilovers, refurbished interior and exterior. Almost complete, few finishing touches left.

Nicely maintained car adil, but gosh how do you mange to drive it in Mumbai with such low GC.

GTO in Red looks totally stunning. Hats off for maintaining these meticulously [cheers]

Can you tell me what are boost controller and maf translator? Never heard these before!

adilkhan5 The cars are amazing man. well done.Rather first one is the best modified car I have ever seen.
Can you provide more details please like from where you have done mods ? costing?
This will be helpful as many from us want the same

Thread Starter #8
The pic of the second one was taken when we were figuring out height setting, and it was on absolutely low! Have raised it since, quite driveable now!
Nicely maintained car adil, but gosh how do you mange to drive it in Mumbai with such low GC.
I get all the stuff myself on the net from the US, everything available by courrier. Fitting done by my mechanics in Bombay Garage, Chowpatty, Mumbai. For the elctronic stuff, have a friend, who is well versed on the GTO, and who helps out from time to time. Else, I try reading up on the net, lots of info available, just have to have the time and patience, and ofcourse a bit of money. Have spent till date approx 8 lakhs and there is no end!

adilkhan5 The cars are amazing man. well done.Rather first one is the best modified car I have ever seen.
Can you provide more details please like from where you have done mods ? costing?
This will be helpful as many from us want the same

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #9

Boost controller controls turbo boost, which can be increased thereby increasing power
MAF translator, controls air / fuel ratios, tuning for optimum power output

GTO in Red looks totally stunning. Hats off for maintaining these meticulously [cheers]

Can you tell me what are boost controller and maf translator? Never heard these before!

350Z

Core Team

Congratulations for the GTO. You’re a fortunate owner of one. Did you imported or bought it as Pre-owned? The car looks stunning but personally speaking, it would have looked even better with less graphics. Can you share the maintenance costs involved to own a sports car such as this, in India? I’m sure that there are many curious souls who would be interested to know more on this.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #12

Bought it preowned, graphics are a personal preferance, there are many who like them and more who don't, to each his own, I guess!! Maintenance costs not much. being a Japanese car, spares are quite cheap, and easy to procur, is not locally, then on the net.

Congratulations for the GTO. You’re a fortunate owner of one. Did you imported or bought it as Pre-owned? The car looks stunning but personally speaking, it would have looked even better with less graphics. Can you share the maintenance costs involved to own a sports car such as this, in India? I’m sure that there are many curious souls who would be interested to know more on this.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Mitsubishi GTO /3000 GT were nice cars but they never became that popular

Its a v6 3 Litre Twin turbo all wheel drive car

nice but I heard it has some engine problems

Top Bottom