Miracle: Viiraj Isuzu Cheats; New Dealer JMD Isuzu Saves The Customer

Thread Starter #1
.. and the amazing part is Isuzu is claiming the issue is between a customer and defunct dealer.

Quoting the article from moneycontrol below

In an alleged case of fraud, an Isuzu India dealer in Pune took a payment of over Rs 15 lakh from a customer for a D-Max V-Cross pick-up truck but failed to deliver the vehicle.

When the matter was raised to the company, Isuzu Motors washed its hands of the matter.

Harshvardhan Tapaswi, 37-year-old Pimpri-Chinchwad resident later filed a case against Isuzu Motors India and Viiraaj Isuzu in the District Consumer Forum, Pune and the second hearing in the case is due in January 2018.

In a telephonic conversation with Moneycontrol, Harshvardhan Tapaswi’s younger brother Shrivardhan Tapaswi said, "In July, we had asked for a quotation from the local Isuzu Motors dealer Viiraaj Isuzu for its D-Max V-Cross model. Consequently, in August, we booked the vehicle for purchase from the dealer, which is run by M/s Sai Sakshi Auto World Pvt. Ltd."

The vehicle was booked in his elder brother’s name who made the payment in full, Rs 15,29,760 on August 4, the documents with Moneycontrol show. The payment was by virtue of a loan from Axis Bank.

Tapaswi alleges that the dealer convinced him to get the full amount transferred in one go saying it would ensure swift delivery in 2-3 days. The quotation document, however, shows that as per dealer’s policy the tentative delivery of the vehicle happens “within 10 to 12 days from the date of receipt of firm order with full payment.”

Nevertheless, after failing to deliver the vehicle as promised, the GM of Viiraaj Isuzu, Shashank Kukreja replied to a mail from Shrivardhan Tapaswi citing “internal issues” at the showroom and apologised for the delay. The mail seen by Moneycontrol states that Kukreja promised to deliver the vehicle latest by August 25, failing which he said, “we would bear one EMI of the loan…taken for the vehicle.”

The dealer again failed to deliver the vehicle though they paid one EMI for the loan. Subsequent EMIs are still being paid by Tapaswi family.

Tapaswi, who owns a bike garage, then contacted one of his acquaintances, Vinod Chandwani, (at the time of his communication with Tapaswi said that he was one of the senior officials at Isuzu India) allegedly said that he would intervene and sort out the matter in a week.

Meanwhile, Isuzu Motors withdrew the dealership from Viiraaj Isuzu with effect from September 12, 2017. The company published a public notice in local newspapers in this regard and said that “consequently…Viiraaj Isuzu has no rights or authority to deal with our products and cannot take any bookings and/or carry out any after sales service or any other dealership operation with respect to the Isuzu brand and its product/services.”

Point to be noted is that the payment for the vehicle was deposited before the ties between the company and the dealer were snapped.

Seeing no ray of hope, Tapaswi escalated the matter with senior officials of Isuzu Motors India. "Not a single mail was answered initially by the senior officials. We did get an email from Isuzu Care acknowledging the email on September 21, 2017 which looked like an auto-generated mail acknowledging the complaint. I then got hold of the Email-ID of Pravesh Dangi, Regional Manager - West in dealer sales department of Isuzu Motors India, who assured that he would look into the matter," said Shrivardhan Tapaswi.

Tapaswi alleges that for 2-3 months, the conversation between Dangi and him continued but to no avail. Meanwhile, the price of the vehicle increased and Tapaswi was allegedly suggested by Dangi that he buy some other vehicle of the same company. However, Tapaswi refused and asked for the promised vehicle.

Finally, Tapaswi was forced to file a case against both, the dealer and Isuzu Motors with the Additional District Consumer Forum in October. Records obtained by Moneycontrol show that a complaint (case number CC/17/387) is listed for a second hearing with the Additional DCF, Pune on January 23, 2018. The first hearing was held on December 20.

For the first hearing, neither the company nor the dealer was present. Isuzu Motors India, though, later filed its reply in which it termed contents of the complaint as “wholly misconceived” and "false", and said that the complaint is “nothing but a flagrant abuse of the process of law.”

The company brushed aside any notion of liability and said that issues related to booking, delivery, cancellation, servicing and customer relations were independently handled by Viiraaj Isuzu. The company had no role or nexus in the functioning and management of the dealer, the reply in the court added.

Incidentally, in a letter dated August 22, addressed to Viiraaj Isuzu’s director, a copy of which is with Moneycontrol, Isuzu Motors India had enquired about the status of 11 pending bookings including that of Harshvardhan Tapaswi.

The company, through its employee Pravesh Dangi, had raised the matter with the dealer and sought clarity in case of Tapaswi, saying despite a full payment by the customer Viraaj Isuzu had not “transferred any payment against this to order for this customer’s vehicle.”

Warning the dealer that by not servicing the requirements of the mentioned customers it was risking Isuzu Motors’ reputation, the company had sought a full report. “If we do not see positive action on the above by 24 August ’17, IMI (Isuzu Motors India) will be constrained to adopt measures to protect the interests of these prospective customers,” the letter reads.

Thread Starter #2
Re: Isuzu car bought in pune from Viiraj Isuzu for 15 lakhs but not delivered

I happened to buy my car from the same dealer, who has gone completely bankrupt and absconding probably - Sai Sakhshi motors has also shut down its major Ford and Skoda dealerships as well.

A classic case of going belly up - but the major question is why wasnt the customer protected by Isuzu. While legal wranglings will take its course, better was expected from Isuzu and i must say its a huge disappointment at the moment going by Isuzu reactions.

I am aware currently of some resolution steps being taken - however more when its fully confirmed.

Last edited:

Isuzu being a debutante company in Indian market !! this kind of approach will really dent their image in the country as such news become viral so fast. I am able to see good amount of Isuzu vehicles in Hyderabad off late as they are being offered with tax rebate in neighbor state Andhra Pradesh due to their manufacturing plant set up there and in Hyderabad there is no such harassment for AP registered vehicles as many of our old vehicles are with AP registration still and new Telangana goverment is not thinking to change them to TS. So with this advantage their sales seems going up but many of us in Hyderabad has come to know about this incident of Pune and its really surprising to note this kind of approach and bad on Isuzu's part not protecting the customer. Wish they will do the justice soon to that Pune customer and protect their image in the market for sure.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

I am aware currently of some resolution steps being taken - however more when its fully confirmed.
Dear Amit, I would also suggest you to request the concerned gentleman to be a part of our forum and share with us all the final outcome. I read about this case and as far as I am aware, the concerned buyer does have documented proofs too so if possible suggest him to share those here as well.

Regards

Akash

Re: Isuzu Car Bought in Pune From Viiraj Isuzu For Rs.15 Lakh But Not Delivered

what?? authorised dealer is face of the company. isuzu wants customers to buy their cars from direct factory in andhra pradesh? isuzu is responsible for the same, if the buyers has adequate proofs then they cannot refuse.

Last edited:
Re: Isuzu Car Bought in Pune From Viiraj Isuzu For Rs.15 Lakh But Not Delivered

Shows how much respect Isuzu has for Indian customers. Shameful indeed.

Thread Starter #7
Miracle : Old Dealer (Viiraj) cheats, the New Dealer (JMD) Isuzu saves the customer

Miracles do happen and this is a classic case of how good business should be conducted - in my experiences this is a very unique one especially in a section that stands flooded with dealership miseries!

The case above where Viiraj (Fraud Isuzu dealer) who took the entire money from the customer who in turn had took a loan from the bank is finally having a happy ending - all thanks to Mr. Girish Vazirani (Owner of JMD Isuzu/JMD Skoda)

The new Pune dealership(JMD) today delivered the the Isuzu Vcross to a very happy customer (Mr Tapaswi) finally today. The customer had to go through immensely bad ordeal including a court case which is as yet unresolved, in the meanwhile the new pune dealership owner JMD decided a customer should not be suffering this misery!

With no support coming from Isuzu he has gone ahead and delivered a car personally to the customer - unheard of ethics in today's time and age. Especially when JMD had nothing to do with the previous transaction the customer had with Viiraj and Isuzu was also trying to wash off their hands. I hope Isuzu wakes up now and conducts a fair transaction here owning up to their moral responsibilities too.

Mr. Girish from JMD Isuzu has now set a high bar for dealership ethics - going way out of his remit to solve the misery of a customer defrauded by the previous dealer. Amazing way to conduct business , way to go, probably the only such case in India!

Some images below from a happy delivery process :-

IMG-20180122-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20180122-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20180122-WA0007.jpg

On my request Mr.Tapaswi has already joined the forum, i am hoping he can narrate his story first hand. Special thanks to Girish and JMD Auto to going significantly out of way and handling this case with great maturity and ensuring the customer doesnt suffer anymore. Congrats to Mr. Tapaswi - finally he can enjoy the drive he always wanted. Wish you many many safe miles! Happy Trucking.

Here's how the beautiful ending finally looks like :-

IMG-20180122-WA0010.jpg

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Miracle : Old Dealer (Viiraj) cheats, the New Dealer (JMD) Isuzu saves the custom

Miracles do happen and this is a classic case of how good business should be conducted - all thanks to Mr. Girish Vazirani (Owner of JMD Isuzu/JMD Skoda)

The new Pune dealership(JMD) today delivered the the Isuzu Vcross to a very happy customer (Mr Tapaswi) finally today.
WOW!! A new benchmark in the customer service industry on the whole! Taking the right call without much support from the brand and resolving the ordeal of a honest customer is truly something unheard of in today's business scenario. Kudos to the dealer & their executive! Isuzu should highly reward the new dealer. One dissatisfied customer can tarnish a brand but one satisfied customer can help in building repute of the brand.

Wonderful share AMIT. I hope the owner shall have a fruitful and enjoyable ownership with the new vehicle and all his past experience with the brand shall be overcome by happy memories here on!

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Re: Miracle : Old Dealer (Viiraj) cheats, the New Dealer (JMD) Isuzu saves the custom

Miracles do happen
Yeah...but only if you are running on Apollos:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8LpINI4MuCc

On a more serious note, I believe this gesture has more to it than plain and simple goodness of heart. Not to sound too cynical, why'd a dealer deliver a 15 lakh vehicle to atone the sins of the parent company? Goodness of heart? Bah! I wont believe this facade unless JMD delivers a vehicle to me too free of cost.

Conspiracy Theory: Isuzu finally realized what s**t they have churned up and asked JMD for some damage control. Recovered the money somehow from the old dealer, gave the cut to JMD and BINGO.... its another VCross on the roads of Maharashtra!!

Iron Rock sir: Why dont you ask JMD for some free seat covers heh heh?

Last edited:

Miracles do happen and this is a classic case of how good business should be conducted - in my experiences this is a very unique one especially in a section that stands flooded with dealership miseries! ... finally having a happy ending - all thanks to Mr. Girish Vazirani (Owner of JMD Isuzu / JMD Skoda)

The new Pune dealership(JMD) today delivered the the Isuzu Vcross to a very happy customer ...
Miracle INDEED... I too feel there's more to THIS than meets the eye,like fellow member WeCross. Whatever the case be, this is a GREAT gesture and YES, definitely this incidence has set the bar pretty high. Way to go Isuzu and Mr. Girish Vazirani [clap] [clap] [clap]

Also, I think, Skoda vehicle owners in Pune are in safe hands of JMD Skoda.

Great to know that the ordeal for the customer finally ended. The dealer has shown a bold gesture if it was without the support of Isuzu and for that they deserve the appreciation.

Thread Starter #12

Conspiracy Theory: Isuzu finally realized what s**t they have churned up and asked JMD for some damage control. Recovered the money somehow from the old dealer, gave the cut to JMD and BINGO.... its another VCross on the roads of Maharashtra!!
No jokes Sir, i am very familiar with the case and the people involved. If Isuzu wanted to fix this they could have done long back - Appalling is the word for Isuzu in this case(so far). Glad to see the customer ordeal ending.

Miracle INDEED... I too feel there's more to THIS than meets the eye,like fellow member WeCross. Whatever the case be, this is a GREAT gesture and YES, definitely this incidence has set the bar pretty high. Way to go Isuzu and Mr. Girish Vazirani

Also, I think, Skoda vehicle owners in Pune are in safe hands of JMD Skoda.
Yes both Skoda and Isuzu owners in Mumbai/Pune region should feel safe. I can finally recommend Skoda [lol] - have been itching to do that for a long time, especially the new Superb and Octava VRS.

Great to know that the ordeal for the customer finally ended. The dealer has shown a bold gesture if it was without the support of Isuzu and for that they deserve the appreciation.
Absolutely - credit where it deserves!

Top Bottom