Mini Cooper and Countryman Now in India

It is going to be cool if they launch the Countryman. The Cooper,me thinks, wouldn't do well mainly because it would compete with Beetle and the Mighty Mouse. And well, they havent been doing too well. I think the Countryman will be the pick!

The Countryman does seem like a good option because at the claimed price of around Rs.20 lakh-odd, people would definitely like to opt for a premium brand like Mini and as the Countryman is a type of a cross-over, it will also be a much more practical alternative. The Cooper S on the other hand, I feel, would turn out just like the Fiat 500- Great car with superb history, but a damp squib in India. People in India buy the VW Beetle because it is a style icon, an icon of who you are and what you are capable of. The 500 never sold in decent numbers even, and I don't think the Cooper will make much difference either.

well guys if mini cooper and countryman will both fall in same range...i feel countryman will be more popular as its latest more modern because IMHO either of minis dont have status symbol or style icon image like beetle or 500!!

Thread Starter #6

350Z

Core Team
Re: Mini Cooper and Countryman Might Launch in India

BMW has confirmed about their plans of launching MINI in India. The company will sell the cars through its own individual dealerships.
“We will come to India with the hatchback, convertible and Countryman range of vehicles at a very competitive price tag,” Ian Robertson, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, Sales and Marketing, said at the Frankfurt Motor Show.
Drive Safe,
350Z

So options who is willing to buy a Beetle,Fiat 500 [:)] cool

Oh,its actually much bigger than the original Mini Cooper(the good old mini cooper[:D]).And I think,this is not the newest design of Mini.[thinking]
BMW has updated the design(I've seen the picture some where)

I am in love with Mini and now it will be seen in India (that does not mean I could own it though [:)])
Expected price range is 23-25 lacs and would compete Beetle, Fiat 500.
Mini Cooper is planned for later release.

Hi, mini will launch in december @ Rs.25 lakhs. it will be display at auto expo also

Thread Starter #12

350Z

Core Team

MINI is attempting to strengthen their presence in Indian Market before official debut and it can be clearly seen. First they started with the traditional official facebook page. Now the company is wishing the entire nation Happy Diwali with this micro website: MINI India

mini diwali.in.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #13

350Z

Core Team

MINI's official product micro-website is now online with countdown timer: MINI Microsite

MINI.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

wooho mini coming on 4 jan 2012 [clap] but why everybody launching their new car before auto expo now??

Top Bottom