Mileage of Indian Cars

This is great mileage considering 1.4L engine.
Thanks!!
I take extreme pleasure in rubbing it in the face of a colleague who has the 1.2 petrol, and gets only 12!!
BTW, the car is on an exclusive diet of Power, and I check the air pressures every time I fill up ... or two weeks, whichever is earlier.
I think that does help a lot.

Yesterday, i filled my Baleno. It drank 26.9 litres of Petrol. My trip meter reads 378 kms. That turns out to be a mileage of 14.05 kpl.

Fabia 1.4L.
Heavy foot. A/C on all the time : 14.1 over the past 26K km.
14 kpl for heavy foot is a great mileage. But i guess your driving skills should have also played a part, in the form of momentum.

Yesterday, i filled my Baleno. It drank 26.9 litres of Petrol. My trip meter reads 378 kms. That turns out to be a mileage of 14.05 kpl.

14 kpl for heavy foot is a great mileage. But i guess your driving skills should have also played a part, in the form of momentum.
Thanks!!
I try to avoid unnecessary braking, and am in a habit of switching off at traffic lights.
But I think a very under-rated factor is the air pressure ... I know it can be a hassle to check the pressure every time ... but it is paying great dividends. Only, you should go to the same guy every time, (and his pressure meter should be accurate!!) one of those places where you dial in the air pressure is best. If you check every time at a different place, you will never have the correct pressures in.

I'll have to take care of that tyre pressure matter more seriously. Btw, do you maintain recommended pressure or over inflate your tyres?

I'll have to take care of that tyre pressure matter more seriously. Btw, do you maintain recommended pressure or over inflate your tyres?
I fill the tyres when cold, and fill it to one psi more than the recommended.
Over inflation will give you better mileage, I agree, but the trade-off is in ride and handling, and the tyre noise goes up by a major factor!!

Alto- Worst - 13kmpl(Full load)
Best - 23kmpl

City- Worst- 10kmpl
Best- 18kmpl

Indigo- Worst - 8kmpl
Best 14kmpl

All thee figure wth A/C on.

My car(verna)'s mileage
In city,averege speed of 60 kmph mileage = 12-13 kmpl
In highways,average speed of 130 kmph mileage = 18-20 kmpl
Toatal average mileage comes around 14-15 kmpl

Top Bottom