Migrated from a Scorpio to Fortuner

350Z

Core Team
Thread Starter #33
Re: Migrating From a Scorpio (...to Fortuner)

wondrful.
feels like festive seasons in tai. with loads of excitements and features .

ram_4849, wishing you endless happiness and safe riding with fortuner.
9.5 on 4WD its good . Car is looking good
Thank you all, I am not sure my beast is giving 9.5 KMPL which is showing on the MID will check once I do the tank full to tank full method. My car is due for 1st service on 17 FEB.

Earlier lot of Fortuners had some issue with their brakes, which Toyota replaced later free of cost. More details: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...0-toyota-upgrades-faulty-brakes-fortuner.html

Drive Safe,
350Z
The brakes are fine, not a problem for city drive its just that you need to press the pedal little more than my Scorpio or any other cars. Its way better than my TD which was done in Jan 2010. Will update the thread once I hit the highways, haven't been able to do any highway trip due to my busy schedule.

One more drawback is that I need to change gears quite often in the city drive, situations where I could easily take off my Scorp in 3rd gear, I need to downshift to 2nd gear in my Fortuner, hope you guys understand what I am trying to tell:stupid:

Last edited:

Hey Ram your cars rocking man.

Is this Ravindu Toyota the one in Vijaynagar?

I think its turbo lag in low speeds.

The ICE setup looks cool.[glasses]

Looking forward to your driving experiences on Highway.

And its better to rename the thread: Migrated from Scorpio to Fortuner.

Thank you all, I am not sure my beast is giving 9.5 KMPL which is showing on the MID will check once I do the tank full to tank full method. My car is due for 1st service on 17 FEB.
if possible please do that full tank method . i am eagerly waiting for result atleast in city .
One more drawback is that I need to change gears quite often in the city drive, situations where I could easily take off my Scorp in 3rd gear, I need to downshift to 2nd gear in my Fortuner, hope you guys understand what I am trying to tell:stupid:
look like same as my 3.0 safari dicor:tongue:

The brakes are fine, not a problem for city drive its just that you need to press the pedal little more than my Scorpio or any other cars. Its way better than my TD which was done in Jan 2010. Will update the thread once I hit the highways, haven't been able to do any highway trip due to my busy schedule.

well looking forward to see your highway impressions and manners.Yes gear change that you are talking about is that initial turbo lag at low speeds which often lets you change gears.
Vibhor, i know they changed those faulty brakes and parts but still they are scary and not what you expect on a 20L+ vehicle which is why i was asking his impressions, maybe after his highway drive would get a bit fair idea.

Guys, theres nothing wrong with the Fortuner brakes. I recently did a long highway drive and i found nothing strange with the brakes.

Okay they do felt a bit different but that happens with every new car since we get habitual with the behavior of our rides.

Thread Starter #38
well looking forward to see your highway impressions and manners.Yes gear change that you are talking about is that initial turbo lag at low speeds which often lets you change gears.
Vibhor, i know they changed those faulty brakes and parts but still they are scary and not what you expect on a 20L+ vehicle which is why i was asking his impressions, maybe after his highway drive would get a bit fair idea.
Guys, theres nothing wrong with the Fortuner brakes. I recently did a long highway drive and i found nothing strange with the brakes.

Okay they do felt a bit different but that happens with every new car since we get habitual with the behavior of our rides.
Had been to BIAL today, the brakes are good not awesome will do the job, an insider from TKM told me that the earlier lot of Fortuners came with the same Innova brake kit i.e the same disc,calipers, boosters etc to reduce the cost of production[frustration] but the present lot has the same brake kit that does duty in LC Prado.

Brakes are no longer an issue in the Toyota Fortuner

Hey Ram your cars rocking man.

Is this Ravindu Toyota the one in Vijaynagar?

I think its turbo lag in low speeds.

The ICE setup looks cool.[glasses]

Looking forward to your driving experiences on Highway.

And its better to rename the thread: Migrated from Scorpio to Fortuner.
Yes its Ravindu Toyota the one in Rajajinagar opp. to ISCKON temple, ICE looks cool and also sounds cool[music] will post more details once I do my highway trips.

if possible please do that full tank method . i am eagerly waiting for result atleast in city .

look like same as my 3.0 safari dicor:tongue:
Tank full will be done once the first service is done, I really like the Safari, had done a TD of 3.0 ltr Dicor before buying my Scorp 2.6, I love the way it roars.

Last edited:
Ram the break pads has to be broken in moderately so don't try to brake hard.
Gradual braking is advised.
I think the braking will be lot better once you are done with the first 1000 kms.
As you get the license to check car's performance.

Drive safe.

Hello Ram seems like i am a bit late , Congratulations on getting the white beast! This is one car i liked based on looks! We were also in a same dilemma like yours last year and we finally ended up buying TATA Aria!

FE of 9.5kmpl is really good! My friend who is having one said he hardly gets 7kmpl inside city!

Thread Starter #41
Ram the break pads has to be broken in moderately so don't try to brake hard.
Gradual braking is advised.
I think the braking will be lot better once you are done with the first 1000 kms.
As you get the license to check car's performance.

Drive safe.
Haven't tried any of the crazy stunts on the car yet waiting for the official license[:D] of break in.

Hello Ram seems like i am a bit late , Congratulations on getting the white beast! This is one car i liked based on looks! We were also in a same dilemma like yours last year and we finally ended up buying TATA Aria!

FE of 9.5kmpl is really good! My friend who is having one said he hardly gets 7kmpl inside city!
Thanks cooldhaya, Aria is really good vehicle, I just hope TATA put some more efforts to its marketing strategies, regarding FE I really doubt 9.5 KMPL FE showing on the MID, need to check on it.

another excellent ownership review in forum [thumbsup] congrats buddy and please keep posting in this thread about ur car. i have always wanted to know about in depth about owning big expensive suvs like this.

Thread Starter #43
Update 1st Service Done and Added Sunfilm

another excellent ownership review in forum [thumbsup] congrats buddy and please keep posting in this thread about ur car. i have always wanted to know about in depth about owning big expensive suvs like this.
Thank you Umang.

Hey guys, got my first service done at 780kms. Basically it was a general check up.

Complaints from my side for 1st service:

• To adjust the low beam headlight focusing.
  • Check brakes.
Both the problems were attended promptly by the SA, low beam is much better now and brakes are slightly more sharper I mean have more bite[clap]
TOTAL COST OF 1st Service Rs.0

Got Llumar sun-film from Shiva Enterprises, it was done professionally by the Llumar person from Methods no air bubbles, no water bubbles, totally satisfied.

SIDES: Steel 05 Platinum Series
FRONT: PP70 Diamond Series
Total Cost : Rs.8,500/-

Top Bottom