Migrated from a Scorpio to Fortuner

Thread Starter #16
Re: Migrating From a Scorpio (...to Fortuner)

Pretty much surprising that your dad again recommended to buy the Mahindra Scorpio. There sure must be something that he still likes about it. :smile:
As I had said earlier our M&M Scoprio was reliable, the only drawback was "BODY ROLL", nevertheless it had served us for four years 60,000 kms without any breakdowns. There were several incidents where Scorpio could go with ease even being 2wd whereas other sedans and even an Innova would struggle to do so.

Also I had told my dad that M-hawk Scorpio has less body roll comparatively with some added features and most importantly ABS and airbags were present.

All these made my dad to recommend to buy another Scorpio.

If given a chance I don't mind buying a Scorpio again[;)]

Hi ram, Congrats for your Fortuner. Do share some more exterior as well as interior pics of your ride.

Congrats on the new Beast Ram. The Fortuner is one hell of a vehicle to own!

I have seen a few cars race from the traffic signals with such ease and eagerness inspite of such huge size & weight; It should be really fun to drive!

Do share more pics of your beauty & some info on the driving experience as well!

Wish you many happy miles with it![thumbsup]

Hey Ram, welcome to TAI! Also a warm welcome to your Fortuner in out TAI family; which is the first one. (The earlier one was an April fool!) :lol!:
I must say you made the right chouce be selecting this machine. Could you share the FE of this machine.

Welcome to TAI Ram.

Looking forward to your review of Fortuner.
Your likes & dislikes.
And also the maintianance cost of the beast.

Wish you miles of Happy & Safe Motoring.

Thread Starter #21
Initial Impressions

Thank you everybody, Sorry for updating the thread this late

I have driven my Fortuner for about 670 Kms

Here are my Initial Impressions:
PRO's
1) Powerful engine with sufficient amount of torque with zero turbo lag. haven't yet tried its true potential as the car is in run in period.
2) Less body roll compared to my Scorpio.
3) ACC is great, all three rows get ac vents which was missing in my Scorpio.
4) Absorbs potholes very easily.
5) Ample space over all and even the third row seats can be reclined which again was not possible in Scorpio.

CON's
1) No power seats, but I have heard from a reliable source that TKM is planning to provide power seats, same which is there in Corolla Altis.
2) Very high floor level compared to my Scorpio.
3) Higher NVH levels.
4) No reach adjust in steering wheel , only tilt adjust.
5) Basic ICE no USB or not even AUX port provided.
6) No mute button on steering audio controls.
7) Very poor light spread and throw in low beam and also the fog lamps. My Scorpio had better headlamps and fog lamps.

This car indeed proves its Toyota badge "BUILT TO LAST" very practical and I have heard ENOUGH about the interiors "Innova jaisa hai, Innova thara idhe" [anger]

Was busy with my work, haven't taken my beast on any highway trips, so will update when I do so.

ACCESSORIES ADDED:

P1070678.jpg
Upgraded my ICE setup at TopGear Anwar, will post the details at the ICE section.

P1070676.jpg
Fender Mirror

P1070670.jpg
3d Mats

P1070668.jpg
Side Visors

Dealership Experience :
Not that great, a long story wasn't quite happy with Ravindu Toyota, not even a pic was taken during the delivery, no follow up call from Ravindu regarding dealership experience, no free fuel coupon, no freebies except some mats, the tax invoice has not yet delivered to me and the tax paid receipt was supposedly also been delivered to my place didn't happen.[frustration]
P1070562.jpg

On a scale of 5 , I rate them 2

SOME RANDOM PICS

P1070683.jpg
P1070688.jpg

P1070711.jpg

P1070616.jpg
The front seats are fully pushed, middle seats fully pulled and with a six footer in the middle row
20110210_002.jpg
20110210_003.jpg
Will post more details in the ICE section
20110210_007.jpg

Attachments

wow ,awesome.
footwell lightings looks interesting (kudos to toyota for right pedal placements).

din't you get the remote opening keys?

All i can say after seeing these pic is; WOW.
Excellent pics ram. I wish TKM had designed the dash better. Anyways please share some pics of the instrument cluster and the engine bay.
BTW have purchased those Under dash lights from our dealership or you got those done from outside?

Wishing you a thousands of happy miles[drive].

Wow what a machine.
Now that same old Indian Question: 'Kitna deti hai?'; whats the fuel efficiency?[roll]
gears, you stole my words. Even i am keen to know the FE of your bold ride.

gears, you stole my words. Even i am keen to know the FE of your bold ride.
Buddy I had already asked him in post#19! [roll]
May be he didnt paid attention.[:D]

Hey Ram, welcome to TAI! Also a warm welcome to your Fortuner in out TAI family; which is the first one. (The earlier one was an April fool!) :lol!:
I must say you made the right chouce be selecting this machine. Could you share the FE of this machine.

Thread Starter #27
Fuel Effucency

Buddy I had already asked him in post#19! [roll]
May be he didnt paid attention.[:D]
sorry bro, wanted to post along with a pic from the MID, as of now for pure city driving with 75% ACC set at 24 deg. C it shows 9.8 kmpl haven't tried the full tank to full tank method.

wow ,awesome.
footwell lightings looks interesting (kudos to toyota for right pedal placements).

din't you get the remote opening keys?
Under dash lightings was done by Anwar, where I got my ICE done.

Remote opening keys are part of the OE from Toyota, I guess its the same what comes in Innova here is the pic

P1070708.jpg

All i can say after seeing these pic is; WOW.
Excellent pics ram. I wish TKM had designed the dash better. Anyways please share some pics of the instrument cluster and the engine bay.
BTW have purchased those Under dash lights from our dealership or you got those done from outside?

Wishing you a thousands of happy miles[drive].

Thanks Akash, as I said earlier the dash lights are from Topgear Anwar

Pic of the instrument cluster, will try posting the engine bay pic tommorow
P1070677.jpg

Last edited:

Lovely pics buddy. The white back lit instrument cluster looks classy.

9.5kmpl is pretty decent. I am sure it will increase after the 1st service.

Re: Fuel Effucency

sorry bro, wanted to post along with a pic from the MID, as of now for pure city driving with 75% ACC set at 24 deg. C it shows 9.8 kmpl haven't tried the full tank to full tank method.

Under dash lightings was done by Anwar, where I got my ICE done.

Remote opening keys are part of the OE from Toyota, I guess its the same what comes in Innova here is the pic
wondrful.
feels like festive seasons in tai. with loads of excitements and features .

ram_4849, wishing you endless happiness and safe riding with fortuner.

ram_4849, welcome to TAI and enjoy your stay here.Congratulations on your new purchase, the much talk of the town fortuner.Do update your ownership thread with detailed observation by your side.One thing i would like to know how did you found the brakes on this beast, heard very negative reports on this, whats your take on that.
Wishing you happy miles on your fortuner.

Top Bottom