Mi10 (1.2) has arrived!!!! Initial ownership report on Pg 3.

Nice car and pics. Have you noticed the steering rattle in your car? And how about the mileage?

Thread Starter #78
Thanks. No, we haven't noticed any steering rattle. The FE is about 13-14 kmpl in Bangalore conditions, will re-calculate at confirm this.

Thread Starter #79
Planning to -
1. Upgrade the bulbs,
2. Smoke the Headlamps.
3. Smoke the taillights,
4. Tape the B-Pillar and frame,
day after tomorrow, and get Neo alloys in the near future.

Be adviced, smoked headlamps will reduce the light throw which may hamper night vision especially on dark highway stretches.

Arkin,I did see the philips extreme power bulbs. They are plug and play and dont void any warranties, do not need ceramic holders. On the down side they are shortlived and claims of more light are only 20-30% in actual as against 80% claimed by manufacturer.
One more option is 90 watt bulbs with relay. Dont have much information on these.

I'm not sure how good it will look on my car, so I shall decide after swapping to alloys.
It will definitely make your i10 look great. Thanks to your choice of white body colour. Smoked lamps looks extraordinarily great on white rides.

Hey Arkin why don you also go for tints on your headlamps? I doesn hamper the night vision much and also you get the complete smoked headlamp image.

Hey don upgrade your bulbs , just switch over to after-market ones of the same power output. A member here said that , that itself increased the light output to a good extent. Why am against upgrading is , in the longer run a black layer kinda thing will be formed on the inside of the headlamps due to the excessive heat! You must have noticed this in some cars also.

Hey Arkin why don you also go for tints on your headlamps? I doesn hamper the night vision much and also you get the complete smoked headlamp image.
+1. And the process is reversible too.

Hey don upgrade your bulbs , just switch over to after-market ones of the same power output. A member here said that , that itself increased the light output to a good extent. Why am against upgrading is , in the longer run a black layer kinda thing will be formed on the inside of the headlamps due to the excessive heat! You must have noticed this in some cars also.
You can safely upgrade your bulbs but make sure that power output is not too high. Also if you upgrade to bulbs(philips, Osram, Bosch), you can expect some change in the light throw but it isnt much. If you want to improve the illumination, go for HIDs. Else i dont find much difference in light throw by swapping the bulbs of same wattage.
And if you switch to a much higher output, as Dhaya said, it will lead the blurring of lamps.

Thread Starter #88
Hmm OK Dhaya, I meant that I wanted to change to bulbs of the same output, thought that an apt word was upgrading. Thanks.
About the tinting part, I'll think about it. I do not really want the completely smoked look.
@Akash, I'll be going in for Philips.

BTW, how much will smokin cost?

Hmm OK Dhaya, I meant that I wanted to change to bulbs of the same output, thought that an apt word was upgrading. Thanks.
Arkin, i would recommend you to let the lamps remain in stock position with the same OE bulbs. I have personally switched to many brands but the illumination remains more or less the same. You can safely upgrade to a bit higher wattage too, but even then the light throw doesnt seem to be as good.
IMO wait for some time, you can go for HIDs if you are concerned about the lamps.

BTW, how much will smokin cost?
Ilango can answer this best!

Arkin,
Just try this before you upgrade your stock bulbs. If you don't like it then go ahead with your planned stuff.

I have fog lamps as my car is an asta. Just use the headlamp leveling device to change it to position "3". Switch on the fog lamps and turn the headlamps to "high beam". This will create more light at the same time, position 3 ensures that it doesn't blind the opposite person too much. Try this and do let me know your opinion.

Top Bottom