Mi10 (1.2) has arrived!!!! Initial ownership report on Pg 3.

About front windscreen lamination, during a mishap, the windscreen tends to shatter, and this can spell disaster for those sitting inside. By laminating the front windscreen (3M or Garware), when there is a mishap, the windscreen cracks but is held together by the lamination.
If that is what the Sales guy told you then he is selling you a load of BS and using this old trick to make sales.

Automotive windshields are already laminated with a plastic layer in between two (or more) glass layers from the car manufacturers itself. When the windshield cracks, it prevents the glass from forming sharp edges. If you notice a cracked windshield, it usually looks like a spider web.

If you leave it unattended, the crack will spread due to heat, wind speed etc and lose its strength to hold together the glass pieces in tact. Hence it is always advised to get your windshield changed if you have a crack asap.

What these sunfilms for the front windshield do is make you car look cool (specially if you have a gf [;)]) and to a certain extent filter out the IR and UV rays.

Though in doing so, they create another problem. At night they also reduce visibility on the highways.

PS: Remember in the older days, people used to put a black sticker on the top 2" of the windshield? Now if you notice most cars come with a tint at the top layer of the windshield which is in a different colour to the rest of the windshield as OE itself.

Good one Arkin :) a wonderful car. I own a Sportz varient in Oyster grey. Just one question, did you know that i10 facelift is expected this diwali?

@*Arkin_Young* good buy at a good time I saw the news Hyundai is about to increase its price by 1.2 percent so you save a few bucks [thumbsup]

Please explain about the comfort of rear seat.

Have a good and safe ride. Wish you all the best

Thread Starter #21
Good one Arkin :) a wonderful car. I own a Sportz varient in Oyster grey. Just one question, did you know that i10 facelift is expected this diwali?
Hey! Glad to see you here. Remember me? You had a started a thread elsewhere if it were better for you to go in for the Magna or Sportz.
I feel I should have gone in for the Magna instead, but forget it now, I'm happy.
And yes, I knew that the new i10 is due in November. But I needed a car urgently, so I had to go in for it.
Thank you.

@*Arkin_Young* good buy at a good time I saw the news Hyundai is about to increase its price by 1.2 percent so you save a few bucks [thumbsup]

Please explain about the comfort of rear seat.

Have a good and safe ride. Wish you all the best
Yes, Maximas007. I've saved around Rs 10k.
The rear seat comfort is damn good for a hatch. It has more than adequate legroom, the seat is comfy, and is wide enough for 3 medium build adults, to be seated without too much of compramise on comfort.I shall elaborate and type a report about the car after a week of usage.
Thanks for those kind words.

Right now, the i10 is at Evo, CAmbridge layout, getting an ICE system and others.

The configuration is different from what I'd said before.

Thread Starter #22
The i10 is back and it looks hawt!!! The rear spoiler and the tints take the credit. I got a better HU with SD card slot and better music quality, and fitted Boston Comp.s instead of the planned JBL.
I also bought some car care products. Service at EVO is excellent!
-----------Next Post-----------
Sorry I couldn't click the pics, it started raining soon after we got in the car. And now, though it has stopped, its now dark. Anyway, I'll try and get some.

Last edited:
Arkin, great to hear that you got all aceesories done. BTW did you get the black taping of pillars done. If not, please do so as it will make your ride look hotter.

Arkin dude. Glad you remember me :D. Magna is a wonderful choise. The only reason why I picked up sportz are bcoz of the below reasons:

-> Rear Wiper and defogger
-> Ajar door open indicator & seat belt indicator (i felt these are important features if I didnt opt for Asta)
->better seat fabric when compared to Magna
-> boot light (very useful - could also have LEDs fitted aftermath in case of magna)

Apart from that OE spoilers with LED lighting looked good. OE HU was good enough for me as I aint a music freak. Small but significant features.

Please do post the pictures of you i10.

Thread Starter #26
Thanks Mukesh.
EVO is in Cambridge layout, close to Sai baba temple & FAPS (Frank Anthony Public School)
Go somewhere there and ask someone. PM me for more info.

Arkin, congratulations on your korean beauty, looks cool in this shade.Good choice of hatchback with pretty good engine response.I too love this car and the variant to go for is surely magna.Enjoy your ride and post some more pictures along with your initial review.

Thread Starter #28
@vijay: Apart from rear headrests and rear wash-wipe, the Magna is more VFM than the Sportz. I would've gone in for the Sportz if it had ABS.
@Akash. Sorry, I didn't get it done. Next month I will be fitted more accessories, I think I shall get it done then.
@mclaren. No one told me, it was just hearsay. Anyway, the lamination acts as a "cooling glass."

BTW, we are going on a 200km road trip to Anantapur tomorrow. Starting at about 6:30 in the morning from home. The car (and me) won't be at Bangalore for almost a month.

I shall surely take many pics.

Thread Starter #29
29082010945.jpg

A detailed initial ownership report on the performance, interiors, looks, space, ride and highway habits.

1) Performance, steering and braking
Braking and performance are rather precise, and the pedals, steering and such are very easy to operate. The engine is rather responsive, but a very slight lag can be felt occasionally in the the 1st 2 gears (as per what I felt)

2) Interiors. The quality of the plastics and materials used is top class. It has an upper hand over my 2009 Indigo, and the Wagon R. The beige color and the 'tall boy' design make the interiors feel very airy, even in comparison to the Indigo, and a comfy place to spend time in.

3) Space Interior space is more than adequate. It can seat 3 medium sized adults in ample comfort. During today's trip, we had quite a lot to carry, with the boot overflowing. Some stuff had to be safely stowed in the cabin, yet we were comfy.
Boote space, pretty good for a hatchback of this class.

*The luggage was much more than what it looks like at this angle.
Some of the random stuff thrown in, in the last minute. Note the 2 bottle holders.

Rear seat space.

4) Looks. Some people don't have a soft corner for the i10's looks. But thankully, all of us (our family) like the looks. It looks pretty majestic in the color white. It looks elegant enough, and I love it.
[Pics at the beginning of this post]

5) Ride & Highway habits: Ride is I must say, very good. The car is pretty stable both in town and on highways. In fact, my mom and grandparents said that they felt they were flying. This even after we've travelled on the same highway, and the same route in cars like the Corolla, Aveo, Innova, Indigo and such. Another thing I must point out is that the i10 doesn't sharply bounce over slight bumps on the road, unlike the Indica.

With this, I come to the end of my "Initial ownership report"

I regret announcing that our i10 met with 2 minor accidents today, the 1st which was partly dad's fault, and the 2nd, thanks to some idiotic biker in Anantapur[frustration] I shall talk about these frustrating incidents later. Luckily the damage is not much.

The sound quality of the ICE is unbelievably great.[clap]
The Pioneer. HU with a USB port, Aux - in, SD card slot and some port for a sub. The (L) Tweeter, part of the Boston Audio Front Components.

29082010900.jpg

Top Bottom