MG Gloster: Premium SUV By MG Motor

350Z

Core Team
“My MG Shield” For Gloster

MG Motors has introduced “My MG Shield” personalized car ownership program for Gloster. Sharing details below.

MY MG Shield.jpg

The MY MG SHIELD with GLOSTER provides flexible after-sales needs based on the ownership period, kilometers covered and other preferences. The program is aimed at providing transparency in transactions and ensuring complete peace of mind for customers with more than 200 combinations in warranty, road-side assistance (RSA), maintenance, residual value assurance, accessories, merchandize etc.

Speaking on the launch of MY MG SHIELD, Rajeev Chaba, President & Managing Director, MG Motor India, said, “At MG, we understand that everyone has different requirements for their car. This philosophy is at the heart of MY MG SHIELD which is a personalized and flexible ownership package that helps customers choose their desired after-sales requirement depending on their preferences. The program helps our customers step into a new era of hyper personalization, with 200+ options to choose from.”

The GLOSTER will come with a standard 3+3+3 package i.e. warranty of three years/100,000 kilometers, three years roadside assistance and three labour-free periodic services. Under MY MG SHIELD, GLOSTER customers can further customize their ownership packager as per their requirements. In another first of kind, Gloster customers would be extended Rs. 50,000 to customize their preferences. In case the choice of the customers exceeds this amount, they will have to top up the payment. The amount cannot be redeemed for cash discount.

MG Motor India will announce the prices of the much-awaited GLOSTER within a few days. It recently began pre-bookings of India’s First Autonomous Level 1 Premium SUV. The SUV can be pre-booked at the carmaker’s network of 200+ centers across the country and on its website (mgmotor.co.in) for a booking price of Rs 100,000.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Nairrk

Honoured Member
MG Gloster SUV Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs. 28.98 Lakh

Gloster_2.jpg

MG Motor has launched the Gloster SUV in India. Prices for the Gloster start at Rs. 28.98 lakh for the base variant and go up to Rs. 35.38 lakh for the top-spec trim. All prices are ex-showroom, Delhi. The prices are introductory for the first 2,000 customers. The Gloster is the company's flagship model and is laden with features and technology. Bookings for the Gloster have already begun and interested customers can either book the SUV online or at an MG dealership by paying a token amount of Rs. 1 lakh. The Gloster is offered in four variants which are Super, Sharp, Smart and Savvy. The base Super variant will be offered only as a seven-seater. The Smart and Savvy variants will be offered as a six-seater only. Sharp is the only trim that will have the option of both six and seven seater configuration.

MG-Gloster.jpg

MG will offer Rs 50,000 worth of MG Shield where the customers can choose the one that they want. The all-new Gloster will be the most expensive vehicle from the brand and the deliveries will start by the end of this month. MG has also announced that the production of the all-new Gloster has already started. The all-new Gloster is the longest and the tallest SUV in the segment, which makes it tower over the vehicles like Ford Endeavour and Toyota Fortuner. The Gloster is about 5 meters long and offers a wheelbase of 2,950mm, which makes it longest in the segment too.

Read

Nairrk

Honoured Member
KEY HIGHLIGHTS

*2+2+2 (with 2nd row captain seats)

*12-Way Power-Adjustable Driver Seat

*360 Degree Around View Camera

*Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)

*Blind Spot Detection (BSD)

*Driver Seat Heating

*Co-Driver Seat Heating

*Driver Fatigue Reminder System

*Driver Seat Massage

*Electronic Gear Shift with Auto-Park

*Forward Collision Warning (FCW)

*Lane Departure Warning (LDW)

*PM-2.5 Filter

*Wireless Charging

+

ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System)

FireShot Capture 170 - Advance Driver Assistance System - MG Gloster - MG Motor India_ - www.m...png

FireShot Capture 173 - Advance Driver Assistance System - MG Gloster - MG Motor India_ - www.m...png

FireShot Capture 176 - Advance Driver Assistance System - MG Gloster - MG Motor India_ - www.m...png

FireShot Capture 179 - Advance Driver Assistance System - MG Gloster - MG Motor India_ - www.m...png

FireShot Capture 182 - Advance Driver Assistance System - MG Gloster - MG Motor India_ - www.m...png

FireShot Capture 185 - Advance Driver Assistance System - MG Gloster - MG Motor India_ - www.m...png

////

350Z

Core Team
MG Motor has dropped a BYD invite to us for the launch of Gloster 7-Seater top-variant (Savvy) with Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) on 9th August 2021, 12:00 PM.

Link to live webcast:

MG-Gloster-7-Seater-Savvy-Variant.jpeg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Thanks to our team member @vijay for sharing this video of MG Gloster under test.

He states that the SUV was being driven at 10-15 Kmph and it seemed that certain electronic functions and modules were being tested.

MG-Gloster-2021-Spied-Testing-India.png

MG-Gloster-2021-Spied-Testing-India-2.png

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #23

Akash1886

Honoured Member
MG Gloster Savvy 7-Seater with Autonomous Level 1 Features Launched at Rs 37.28 Lakh (ex-showroom New Delhi)

Gaurav Gupta, Chief Commercial Officer, MG Motor India at the launch of MG Gloster Savvy 7-Sea...JPG
Price.jpeg

Reinforcing its commitment to deliver the best-in-class experience to its customers, MG Motor India today introduced the new seven-seat version of the Gloster Savvy. An addition to the range of India’s first Autonomous (Level 1) Premium SUV, the new version of MG Gloster Savvy Trim will strengthen the Gloster range and provide customers with the power to choose from a broader range of MG’s top-end SUVs.

Priced at Rs 37.28 lakh (ex-showroom New Delhi), the new Gloster Savvy comes in a seven-seater (2+3+2) configuration. It features multiple driving modes enabled with the Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) and a BorgWarner Transfer case aiding its off-roading abilities. It also has the i-SMART technology, 64-color ambient lighting, three-zone climate control, a panoramic sunroof, driver seat massager, and several other exclusive features.

Speaking about the launch, Gaurav Gupta, Chief Commercial Officer, MG Motor India, said, “We are introducing the Gloster Savvy with a 7-seater configuration in response to requests from our customers. With this addition to the existing Gloster Savvy with 6-seater configuration, we are offering our customers the power to choose a vehicle as per their needs and preferences.”

Under the hood, the seven-seater MG Gloster Savvy, like its six-seat counterpart, features a 2.0 Twin Turbo Diesel Engine generating 200 PS power and 480 Nm of peak torque.

The premium SUV also comes with a unique, industry-first MY MG Shield ownership package, which has revolutionised and personalised the car ownership experience with flexible after-sales needs of customers. Besides providing customers with a choice to customise additional services and maintenance packages from 200+ options, MY MG Shield’s standard 3-3-3 package includes a warranty of three years/100,000 kilometers, three years of roadside assistance and three labour-free periodic services.
Regards
Akash

Nice car I'm sure - but...... ummmmm Chinese? I guess I'm too much of a swadeshi to root for a Chinese offering (despite all the hype about British roots!) and will probably let my bias show!
And come on - looks wise it is almost a clone of an older Endeavour! What is its current G-NCAP rating? I read elsewhere that an earlier version got an Australioan NCAP 5-star rating.......

Does MG have any plans for importing the EV version (2020 SAIC Maxus EUNIQ 5 PHEV) to India ? Even tho' it only offered FWD as per the write-up, I feel that the EV would make greater sense today. The Gloster seems just another behemoth in the Endeavour/Fortuner mould. All the candy-floss gizmos is not hiding this fact. But one never knows the Indian car-buyer mind-set - I mean the import-obsessed buyer!

Last edited:

Top Bottom