Met an Accident (Brake Failure) Due to Service Center’s Fault. Now What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #77
Buddy,the A.S.S. is quite far from my home and all the update I have is telephonic.
Will go there only after the work is completed to get my car back.It takes a lot of time and petrol for the work..and with an Alto LXi in hand..I just wanna chill and drive in dense city streets...

Thread Starter #79
^^Haha,will definitely try it out tomorrow or day after tomorrow itself.
This will reveal all and everything.

Rest guys how to check if any part like brake lines etc have been replaced or not?
Discs etc can be checked easily but how to do with hidden parts?

^^Haha,will definitely try it out tomorrow or day after tomorrow itself.
This will reveal all and everything.

Rest guys how to check if any part like brake lines etc have been replaced or not?
Discs etc can be checked easily but how to do with hidden parts?
Hope to see your Corolla Altis Back in action soon. !
Ask them to return the parts which are going to be replaced with new. I said this because M.A.S.S people use to return those worn out spare parts after the service whether it be a broken tail lamp or a spark plug.

Ask them to return the parts which are going to be replaced with new. I said this because M.A.S.S people use to return those worn out spare parts after the service whether it be a broken tail lamp or a spark plug.
I think they will not return the parts as its covered under insurance, they have the right to retain it.
If its covered under customers expense then it must be returned.

Vipul better is,let them change the brake pads under your presence.

So that you can have peace of mind.

Any major replacements I stand besides my car and ensure everything's fine.

Thread Starter #82
Hmmm,I think the parts covered under insurance are to kept by the dealership people.

I think they will not return the parts as its covered under insurance, they have the right to retain it.
If its covered under customers expense then it must be returned.

Vipul better is,let them change the brake pads under your presence.

So that you can have peace of mind.

Any major replacements I stand besides my car and ensure everything's fine.
Right you are.
Talked to the SA and he told me that parts may be arriving either today or tomorrow definitely.So I'll be visiting the dealership once the parts have arrived.
Same time I'd have a look at the car too.
As per the SA they have already completed all the denting etc and got the complete brake assembly changed(Brake line,discs,brake pads)and has all the removed parts with him only.Hence will have a look at the parts removed and will inspect the new parts too.
Rest I can believe the SA,as already mentioned before,he is just like a friend of ours and we have out-of-dealership relations too only because he has been very good to us.So before visiting dealership I am looking forward to meet him personally either tonight or tomorrow morning outside the dealership.

Vipul,

Thats really bad. But I wonder how did you not apply brake immediately after getting on wheels as that was the reason why the car was at service centre. [confused] Whenever I have any issue with vehicle, I see whether it has been addressed first & even for normal servicing, check brakes, clutch, acc.....I even stand out and see the lights as well.

And I hope you didn't get enough time to react, else shifting to 1st gear would have done the trick to large extent. Me & my friend had driven his car for about 3-4 km without brakes, (brakes failed mid-way) !! It was a hopeless fiat car. [frustration] Told him to sell in scrap in kg rate. [:D]

Hope you take corrective action on service station chaps. Speak with their supervisor and threaten them with consumer court and media.

Hmmm,I think the parts covered under insurance are to kept by the dealership people.
Thats right.Since all the repairs are under insurance claim they may not return all the parts which are going to be replaced.
Then the only way to ensure the replacement of all the mentioned parts are to go there in person and keep a look over all the work in all the stages.But thats not a practical solution[:D]
Since you have good contact with the dealership people its better to believe that they would do the job sincerely for you[thumbsup] Since there is a big flaw from the dealership people which caused you the accident I think they would get your car back only in mint condition.
Any Updates on the Work ?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #85
Thats really bad. But I wonder how did you not apply brake immediately after getting on wheels as that was the reason why the car was at service centre. [confused] Whenever I have any issue with vehicle, I see whether it has been addressed first & even for normal servicing, check brakes, clutch, acc.....I even stand out and see the lights as well.
Buddy the car was dropped at home by the A.S.S. guys and that time everything was okay.Only the brakes were slightly weak.
But they kept on weakening with driving.
It was like,at the end I was in a state that I had to pump the brake pedal multiple times and after that I was getting some braking,which was sometimes very high while sometimes it was very low.

And I hope you didn't get enough time to react, else shifting to 1st gear would have done the trick to large extent. Me & my friend had driven his car for about 3-4 km without brakes, (brakes failed mid-way) !! It was a hopeless fiat car. Told him to sell in scrap in kg rate.
I think I got the fraction of a second,but I tried my best to save it,in fact would have saved it if no traffic would have came form opposite side.
Rest,no doubt 'For our safety we must keep a strict check on our brakes,they are the biggest safety feature and if you feel anything fishy with them,then its better to get them checked at the moment.Because their failure without any warning is really life threatening'.

Hope you take corrective action on service station chaps. Speak with their supervisor and threaten them with consumer court and media.
Have already done all this...

Thats right.Since all the repairs are under insurance claim they may not return all the parts which are going to be replaced.
Then the only way to ensure the replacement of all the mentioned parts are to go there in person and keep a look over all the work in all the stages.But thats not a practical solution[:D]
Since you have good contact with the dealership people its better to believe that they would do the job sincerely for you Since there is a big flaw from the dealership people which caused you the accident I think they would get your car back only in mint condition.
Any Updates on the Work ?
Today I visited the A.S.S. and here is the biggest update:-
Parts have arrived yesterday evening itself were seen by me,myself.The bumper won't be replaced,but will be repaired(repainted) by the A.S.S. only.
Rest as per the SA,the car is under him and I can expect the car to reach my home either tomorrow evening or day after tomorrow morning.

Minor issue:Today when I reached dealership,I found that the car was not there.The broken door,discs,removed brake line etc etc all were lying at the dealership and when asked about the car they told me that some small equipment of them has stopped working and hence the car is sent to a nearby workshop which has all the equipment available with them.
Hence returned back without looking at the car,but still I felt assured by the attitude of the CSM and the way he answered all my queries.At least his expressions had no signs of telling some lies.
And at last,they gave me the address of the workshop too if I want to have a look at the car.

Question:
  • Is it possible for the A.S.S. to get any minor repairs on the vehicles done outside in case anything is not working?
  • Do they do it on their own expenses?
  • Doesn't the company bar the A.S.C from doing this practice?

Good news:
Filled the free(for me,else it costs 14k) 'Q' service form today and got some minor accessories selected for my car(again free).[:D]
What accessories they were?Haha,free HIDs!!![:D]

TSI Vipul looks like you are slowly attaining the Celebrity Status.

Had they taken the car to the Toyota Workshop near by or a FNG(Friendly Neighborhood Garage).

Or for Sourcing the exact part that was not available, immediately from a Supplier.
The list goes on.

Which equipment wasn't working.

Nope companies usually ask the next dealer to lend the helping hand, if the current dealer is not able to solve the issue.

But not any local shops.

But you told you knew the address, then which place?

Vipul,

Thank god that you were not in your Laura, else that 3 seater rickshaw would have been thrown 100 ft away [lol]. Ofcourse, this would have meant rock concert organised by your dad for you as well.[;)]

BTW, which insurance company you are using for car ?

Thread Starter #88
TSI Vipul looks like you are slowly attaining the Celebrity Status.
Actually this is the result of threatening the GM by me and even more by my father.
When GM said "Sir we will give this and that etc etc as compensation".
Father said "Saale,tu mere ladke ki life ki keemat laga raha hai(Rascal,you are compensating my son's life)".
And he was really scared.After that he gave coffee etc etc and said "Sir we will provide some more safety features like better headlight bulbs etc".In other words,everything was already fixed with them and it went on more like a deal.Deal was simple "No complain,no FIR etc,we will forget everything and they will get the car repaired on our insurance but will pay us in the form of accessories,car's parts replacement etc".
Now if the dealership level people are smart enough to compensate whole matter then why to reach above?Why to spoil Toyota's name?Maybe they haven't spent even 10k on us,maybe they have paid for everything from my insurance only..but that doesn't matter.
What matters is that they accepted their fault and tried their best to pamper us and address the whole issue perfectly.

Had they taken the car to the Toyota Workshop near by or a FNG(Friendly Neighborhood Garage).

Or for Sourcing the exact part that was not available, immediately from a Supplier.
The list goes on.

Which equipment wasn't working.

Nope companies usually ask the next dealer to lend the helping hand, if the current dealer is not able to solve the issue.

But not any local shops.

But you told you knew the address, then which place?
The workshop they took the car is a famous and big workshop here itself about 8 kms away from dealership.The workshop is famous for the modern equipment they use and Toyota guys were also talking about some minor denting using some machine so that they can fix the side panel,front bumper and headlight perfectly without leaving any panel gap.
As per the CSM,the denting was done,only the car went for final finishing of it using a computerised hydraulic machine for getting the best results.
On further enquiring I came to know that nearly every second car goes there if the denting at the dealership isn't done perfectly.Hence I left the matter and let the headache lie on their head only.What I know is "I want my car back in perfect condition,none else" and they have promised me to return my car back looking like brand new.

Last edited:
What I know is "I want my car back in perfect condition,none else" and they have promised me to return my car back looking like brand new.
Exactly buddy this is what matters. You get your car back without any problems and upto the mark.

And that's great that you are getting the HID's.

Thread Starter #90
Thank god that you were not in your Laura, else that 3 seater rickshaw would have been thrown 100 ft away [lol]. Ofcourse, this would have meant rock concert organised by your dad for you as well.[;)]
If it would have been the Laura then nothing would have happened.Skoda A.S.S. here is really strict and secondly the Laura lies in the hands of chauffy so even minor issue are highlighted in no time.
Actually,Toyota people have agreed that they committed a mistake but being true 60% mistake is mine too.I drove the car even after knowing that it has no brakes and that also on 40 kph.
About rock concert..it was really organised at home.On one side it was father and on another side it was chauffy saying "Maine to isse pehle hi kaha tha ki gaadi khadi kar de(I already ordered him to abandon the car)".He said only this sentence about 8-10 times and this kept on increasing the anger of father one level each time.

BTW, which insurance company you are using for car ?
United India it is.Toyota guys go it done from there only.

@Singh:-
Right you are,what is the use of making issues when we know the final result is going to be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom