Met an Accident (Brake Failure) Due to Service Center’s Fault. Now What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
oh ok , so you got them repaired so that you can get the car at home. but still in these cases you should hire tow trucks. they charge a lot but still never drive a car with breaks failed.

Fazer

Suspended
G:Sir how it is possible?
I:I have drank the brake fluid and tried to kill myself.

------

I:I am saying na you *******,I have drank it and now pissed it off..say thanks that not done on your face.

------

I:Toh tujhe kya mein bawla dikhta hun(So I look mad to you).

-----

"Nonsense I'll shoot you in the head".
Hahaha! Lol! :lol!:[lol] [lol]

I still can't control myself!

Hope your car is back in shape soon!

Thread Starter #48
oh ok , so you got them repaired so that you can get the car at home. but still in these cases you should hire tow trucks. they charge a lot but still never drive a car with breaks failed.
Buddy I don't know why you people consider brake failure such a BIG issue.In my views any sensible driver can drive a car without brakes for 20-30 kilometers without causing any danger.
You can use handbrake in may cars and engine brake does its job very well.
Same way I drove for 4 kilometers using the engine brake and handbrake only..
BTW,can anyone tell me why handbrake does not completely fail in thsi case also?I was expecting it too to fail,but to my surprise..handbrake was working,though not as usual but it had enough force to stop the car once in neutral.

Secondly:I didn't have enough patience to wait for a tow truck to arrive in hours,instead I'd prefer to park my car at a safe place and come back next morning with the tow truck itself.

Hahaha! Lol! :lol!:

I still can't control myself!

Hope your car is back in shape soon!
Even I too can't,but now waiting for the car.

Returned from the dealership just 15 minutes back and here is the second update:-

Yesterday Toyota guys told me that they will return the car in 8-10 days,now they are saying about 2 weeks.

Survey was done before we people visited.Father saw the car and became very angry and threw thousand of blames on the CSM and SA and even on GM saying "Tumhare neeche aise kaam hote hain,tum sabse jyada responsible ho"(These works are done under you,you have the highest responsibility).And then warned hims saying "We'll file an FIR against you people for this negligence and will try our best to charge you people under 'murder attempt'"[shock].And man,they all were just gone...simply gone..
The CSM was like he will get a heart attack there itself and had a glass of water.After that the GM promised that each and every faulty part of the car will be replaced by a new one and proof of the replacement will be sent to us and anything which due to any cause won't be covered under insurance will be paid by them only.
So after spending about 45 minutes in the dealership and telling other people too about the incident,we returned back after having one tea and some snacks.
The GM came to leave us till our car and promised us that everything will be done better than the best under his own inspection.

Rest the car's door,side panel,ORVM and brake line will have to be sourced from either Gurgaon or Bangalore but they have promised to return back the car within 2 weeks.

Most amazing part was when 4 more owners whose cars were being serviced heard our story and denied to get their cars serviced there at the A.S.S.,those people also started finding faults in their cars and made the servicing staff of the dealership just pissed off.

Last edited:
lucky man you got it done so cheap

someone hit my ford from the side and no one really did anything, I have to get it fixed. Hit and Run is so popular

Thread Starter #50
Buddy that's the reason now I recommend everyone to get the cashless/zero depreciation insurance.At least it keeps us safe from these situations.
Else the repair bill was 1 lac+ and with a 'normal' insurance,we would had to cough up at least 40-50k for the same which will be done for free now.
Added to it I have got a lot of benefits and offers too.

@TSIVIPUL
its good that you are safe,and i really appreciate the fact that after all this from these idiots,you still thought of the sales guy and saved his job.[clap]we all love our beauties and anger makes the devil come outside from within us,but they(toyota people) must learn to not to compromise with safety issues.i am sure the car will be perfectly alright after service.
btw you said you are injured a little bit,did you received your tetanus injection?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fazer

Suspended
Added to it I have got a lot of benefits and offers too.
Vipul , Better get the Aero kit from them at a lower price! I'm sure they will give you a special discount [lol]

You get benefits because you belong to one of the Mafia groups that is the reason they are scared and reason behind your special services . [;)]

might as well tell them to give you a full tank of petrol and that too premium unleaded and some drinks and snacks for the way home

I got my cars fully insured.
My mate had a Skyline we bought that for 10,000 Dollars and got insurance done online when we came home and that bugger smashed it next morning . however we got paid off by the insurance an amount of 15000 dollars ( Minus 2700 for insurance and 1000 for access fees) 11300 dollars after 2 days not bad

Fazer

Suspended
might as well tell them to give you a full tank of petrol and that too premium unleaded and some drinks and snacks for the way home
Very right suggestion, codename!

BTW,can anyone tell me why handbrake does not completely fail in thsi case also?I was expecting it too to fail,but to my surprise..handbrake was working,though not as usual but it had enough force to stop the car once in neutral.
Handbrake is just an alternate way to engage the brakes. Instead of a hydraulic piston, a cable that runs from the handbrake lever applies the brake. That's why it is less efficient. Even if the hydraulic mechanism fails, one will be able to apply the brakes using this direct cable mechanism.

350Z

Core Team
Secondly:I didn't have enough patience to wait for a tow truck to arrive in hours,instead I'd prefer to park my car at a safe place and come back next morning with the tow truck itself.
Why you didn’t simply call up Toyota 24x7 Roadside Assistance?

Buddy I don't know why you people consider brake failure such a BIG issue.In my views any sensible driver can drive a car without brakes for 20-30 kilometers without causing any danger. You can use handbrake in may cars and engine brake does its job very well. Same way I drove for 4 kilometers using the engine brake and handbrake only..
That’s because it is a serious issue. Brake failure occurs without a notice. Attempting to immediately halt the vehicle is a wisest thing a driver can do, regardless of his experience rather than continuing to keep driving on. Here the matter is not just about one’s own safety but of other road users as well.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #57
@TSIVIPUL
its good that you are safe,and i really appreciate the fact that after all this from these idiots,you still thought of the sales guy and saved his job.we all love our beauties and anger makes the devil come outside from within us,but they(toyota people) must learn to not to compromise with safety issues.i am sure the car will be perfectly alright after service.
Saving the guys job had just one reason,when I was okay then why to kick his belly?Especially when he neither misbehaved with me nor he once said that it was my fault,instead the service guy simply agreed that it may be(Definitely no one agrees completely)a faulty brake line which dropped the oil and they made a mistake of not checking it.
I hope they have now learnt,but still now I'll be extra careful in every service trip of the car.

btw you said you are injured a little bit,did you received your tetanus injection?
I don't know why you doctors are so much interested in this weapon:stupid:..No I haven't received the injection,why?Because one was given to me about a month back for a minor leg injury.

You get benefits because you belong to one of the Mafia groups that is the reason they are scared and reason behind your special services .
Yeah,that mafia group is called TAI,right?

It looks like you want the whole dealership as the'compensation'..[lol]

Handbrake is just an alternate way to engage the brakes. Instead of a hydraulic piston, a cable that runs from the handbrake lever applies the brake. That's why it is less efficient. Even if the hydraulic mechanism fails, one will be able to apply the brakes using this direct cable mechanism.
But how the cable funda can work for disc brakes?I think for the discs we need the hydraulic system only.

Why you didn’t simply call up Toyota 24x7 Roadside Assistance?
Hmmm,because of three reasons:-
  • It was midnight and hence I was doubtful if they can give any help,rest if you have ever visited Meerut then you will find dealership just 6 kms away from Baghpat byepass,the place where accident happened.
  • I had no owner's manual with me,nor I had their number..I had removed the chit from the rear glass on which the number was written:stupid:.Still called the SA but to scold and abuse him after the accident,none else.Also I never thought that brakes will be completely gone,I was moving slowly believing the weak brakes which were not really weak but worked by pumping and gave good braking in every 5-6th pump.
  • I believed my chauffy and friend more than Toyota and hence called them and moved on,in fact chauffy only told me to try by giving multiple pumps on the pedal to get quite okay braking.
Rest I have got the lesson for next time:Abandon the car and get the help instead of roaming around searching for help.

That’s because it is a serious issue. Brake failure occurs without a notice. Attempting to immediately halt the vehicle is a wisest thing a driver can do, regardless of his experience rather than continuing to keep driving on. Here the matter is not just about one’s own safety but of other road users as well.
Right you are,anything could have happened if soemthing had gone wrong..LUCKY I AM,but can anyone tell me the reason why the warning light never came on?

Last edited:
Buddy the biggest issue is that:-
No leakage was found in the brake line.
There was no warning in MID at all.Simply no warning light came on and that's the only reason I pushed up to 140+ without any thoughts of what mistake I am doing.

In other words either their people had bleed the brake line and forgot to refill it but secondly there is one more issue:
The car took just about 200-300 ml of brake fluid while the CSM told me that Corolla takes 1.2 liters of brake fluid.
This can happen if your breakpads are worn,I had simiar incident,were my parkbreak light was flashing occassionally,on checking I found breakfluid was low,so topped up,but in no time it was half,so took it to service centre and replaced break pads,problem solved
I think it is a must to llok under bonnet ,before we take our cars from service centre,need to recheck if they have done oil change( I had an experience where they didnt change oil,but billed me,later they had to do it at my home,on complianing)

@TSIVipul, about Tetanus inj or InjTT, you wont need it as,you already had one 1 month back,its not advisable to take it frequently ,you are safe for 6 months after your last injection.

Last edited by a moderator:
First it was a shock.

This guy TSIVIpul has a special place in mind via the posts in TAI.

Then relaxed because he was not in his usual insane speed.

After reading the whole thread, in a laughing mood like most in the forum because of his writing and zig zag mood changes as seen in various posts in this thread.

Appreciate that you don't want to trouble one poor SA.
However, TOYOTA is at fault here. Their so called system driven Q service failed a loyal customer.

Buddy I don't know why you people consider brake failure such a BIG issue.

I drove for 4 kilometers using the engine brake and handbrake only..

Drive Safe,
350Z
Brake failure is a serious issue. As rightly pointed out by 350z, its a matter of your own as well as other road user's (including pedestrians) safety.

Hand brakes are useful when the car is stationary.

Thread Starter #60
This can happen if your breakpads are worn,I had simiar incident,were my parkbreak light was flashing occassionally,on checking I found breakfluid was low,so topped up,but in no time it was half,so took it to service centre and replaced break pads,problem solved
I think it is a must to llok under bonnet ,before we take our cars from service centre,need to recheck if they have done oil change( I had an experience where they didnt change oil,but billed me,later they had to do it at my home,on complianing)
Front brake pads were okay and rear ones were already changed on the 20k service and hence didn't needed replacement.

@TSIVipul, about Tetanus inj or InjTT, you wont need it as,you already had one 1 month back,its not advisable to take it frequently ,you are safe for 6 months after your last injection.
That means I can get as may as possible minor injuries during next five months without any fear!!Wow,I am more scared of injection than the injury..:stupid:

First it was a shock.

This guy TSIVIpul has a special place in mind via the posts in TAI.

Then relaxed because he was not in his usual insane speed.
I had three names in my mind:-
  • Iron Rock
  • Mukeshus
  • Autosafari
These are the three people whome I was doubting that they will hunt me down once more on the name of speed,road safety,ignorance and all..the first two spared me,but you kept going..[lol]

After reading the whole thread, in a laughing mood like most in the forum because of his writing and zig zag mood changes as seen in various posts in this thread.
Ah,my mood changes every second..you can spot me fighting with a person first moment and then having an ice cream with him in the second moment.

Appreciate that you don't want to trouble one poor SA.
However, TOYOTA is at fault here. Their so called system driven Q service failed a loyal customer.
SA had just 33% fault,it was the management which was not strict enough to force them work properly.Secondly what I would have got by sending an e-mail except an apology e-mail from Toyota with assurance of same will never happen again and a so-called 'good news' of SA losing his job?Buddy,i wasn't daring enough to make the guy pay this way.
Thirdly:Now the guy will always give a special attention to my car.In other words:SERVICE CENTER MEIN APNA AADMI HAI(He is my man in the service center,why mine?Due to fear).

Brake failure is a serious issue. As rightly pointed out by 350z, its a matter of your own as well as other road user's (including pedestrians) safety.
As we say in Hindi "Ant bhala toh sab bhala"(End is okay,all is okay)

Hand brakes are useful when the car is stationary.
In other words they don't work in moving car to that extent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom