Met an Accident (Brake Failure) Due to Service Center’s Fault. Now What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #31
Actually I was also very much firm on the repair part but then something happened which melted my heart and hence I accepted their offer and left it on the insurance policy.

What happened?
Actually the SA under which the whole work was done have been quite good to we people for last one year and has served us very well with a smile only.In fact for the same reason he is having quite friendly and out-of-dealership relations with us too.So he told us that "Sir,if you force them to do it all at their own cost then they will cut it from the salary of I and the guys and will force us to cough up whole money and after that terminate our job,the bill is going to be somewhere about 1.06 lacs and this is simply an un-affordable amount for us".

After hearing these words I decided not to eat up the job and bread of anyone and hence settled for the insurance itself.Maybe I have bought a relation or two for that insurance hit.

A small LOL:-
Dunno why,but I was not really feeling that bad for the incident and then came my father's call:-
HE:Brake fail ho gaya tha kya?(Was brake failed?)
I:Nahi,abhi thhek karwane ko de diya hai.(Yeah,given it for repair)
HE:Takkar toh nahi maari kahin.(I hope you haven't done any mishap)
I:Halki si lag gayi hai.(A minor dent only)
HE:Koi baat nahi...chalegi toh lagegi hi.(No issue,if the car will run then it will get dents too)...:lol!:
In other words he is yet to know about the matter and will not know too,because car will come back before him.

Quite good news:Until the car returns back,I have got a Maruti Alto from my uncle till then for me.

Right now I am getting amazed of how I dealt with the whole matter with such a cool mind...for nearly whole day I was found laughing in the service center.

Last edited:
OMG!!! What the hell....[surprise]

Brake failure is totally unacceptable, Vipul in such instances even a water can work as a temporary solution.

Good to know you are safe as well, next time abandon the car and call Helpline, never drive it.

My golden rule, check all the fluids before every trip.

My family members laugh on me saying why do you do it everytime, i just speak in my mind afterall its a matter of safety, which they don't understand.

I have a brake fluid and coolant in my car, carried always irrespective of trips i do.

But how did the brake fluid lose in first place, was it opened or refilled previous day???

Yes didn't any error on MID displayed???

Drive safe.

Thread Starter #33
Buddy the biggest issue is that:-
No leakage was found in the brake line.
There was no warning in MID at all.Simply no warning light came on and that's the only reason I pushed up to 140+ without any thoughts of what mistake I am doing.

In other words either their people had bleed the brake line and forgot to refill it but secondly there is one more issue:
The car took just about 200-300 ml of brake fluid while the CSM told me that Corolla takes 1.2 liters of brake fluid.

Buddy the biggest issue is that:-
No leakage was found in the brake line.
There was no warning in MID at all.Simply no warning light came on and that's the only reason I pushed up to 140+ without any thoughts of what mistake I am doing.

In other words either their people had bleed the brake line and forgot to refill it but secondly there is one more issue:
The car took just about 200-300 ml of brake fluid while the CSM told me that Corolla takes 1.2 liters of brake fluid.
Hmm that's strange.

Yes my hawk too gulps same amount upto 400ml, i guess he was speaking of the front differential which consumes 1.2 litre of Differential Oil.

Brake fluid is just 300-400 ml Max.

Ask them for roadworthy certificate, during the test drive, ask them to check the symptoms you faced.

Sad to hear about the mishap Vipul. Hope you are safe and not injured. Good that the service center agreed to repair the car. But it would have been much better if they did not claimed your insurance policy. Keep us updated.

Hey Buddy it's good to know that you fine and safe. This is totally irresponsible bheavior from A.S.S. But the good thing is you are okay. And i hope your car to be back in shape really soon.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
sad to see the condition of your car. and good to know that no one was hurt.

HE:Koi baat nahi...chalegi toh lagegi hi.(No issue,if the car will run then it will .[/B]
even my dad says the same. we should keep calm in every situation.

What happened at A.S.S today?

GM:
CSM:Sir,cool down,we will get it checked,but you must have brought the car to us instead of any local mechanic.
why did he say " any local mechanic" you got the car serviced from their center. then why ?

Thread Starter #38
Hmm that's strange.

Yes my hawk too gulps same amount upto 400ml, i guess he was speaking of the front differential which consumes 1.2 litre of Differential Oil.

Brake fluid is just 300-400 ml Max.

Ask them for roadworthy certificate, during the test drive, ask them to check the symptoms you faced.
When I asked the CSM that haven't you people done any PDI before returning the car?
The CSM said "Sir PDI is done only for new cars,after service the car is just returned" and I was like...[frustration]
Then I violently said "Don't you **** inspect the car before giving in the hands of customer?" and he was silent now...

Father is returning today itself(within next 3-4 hours) and he and chauffy will be going to have a look at the car too as someone told them about the accident.
Now I know that car doesn't take 1.2 liters of brake fluid too hence the CSM is going to get the nightmares today.

Rest I have noted down your words "This time i'll do very strict PDI before taking delivery of the car and if anything will be found wrong then I'll not receive the car but will send a mail".

Sad to hear about the mishap Vipul. Hope you are safe and not injured. Good that the service center agreed to repair the car. But it would have been much better if they did not claimed your insurance policy. Keep us updated.
Will be visiting there again with my father,chauffy and two friends,although all the formalities have been done,but maybe we will come across the surveyers from the insurance company today.
Good is that,my chauffy is more than enough for them,for him GM and mechanincs all are equally and scolded equally,also he has good relations with dealership officials.

Hey Buddy it's good to know that you fine and safe. This is totally irresponsible bheavior from A.S.S. But the good thing is you are okay. And i hope your car to be back in shape really soon.
I am really fine,there is just a minor cut on my right hand..in fact if you look in the video then you will find blood stains on the front left door's glass and the inner panel of my door.
Rest I am simply okay.

sad to see the condition of your car. and good to know that no one was hurt.
It is looking that big but isn't...every person is asking the same whoever saw the car,in fact if I hadn't picked up the side panel then my hand also wouldn't have cut.

why did he say " any local mechanic" you got the car serviced from their center. then why ?
Because in the night I got the brakes repaired by a local mechanic to reach home.
In fact I started moving in the same car again towards Jaipur but as soon as I reached Modinagar I again felt like brakes didn't had enough bite and hence stopped the car and called my chauffy again and he told me just to return back home instead of driving till Jaipur in the same car and hence i cancelled the plan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #39
Here are two more pics:-

Damage to the door and the scratches...
1.JPG

Dunno what caused the scratches,but they went on till the rear door..
3.JPG

EDIT:At the time of hitting,I think the speed was around 60 kph as I was accelerating from 40..

Thread Starter #41
^^Of course buddy,three wheeler was hit by the car...Amazingly it hadn't got any damage due to its rear bumper made of angles..
It looked something like this one,will click an exact pic of 3-wheelers which run on our roads and upload it soon:-
1.JPG

Good news:A white colored Alto LXi with just 6k kms on odo has reached me as a replacement car for 10 days..
Amazingly,the Alto is feeling very fast as compared to Corolla and is fun to drive too.Only issue is that the car has no ICE installed in it.

Last edited:
These Auto guys will be waiting for these instances to happen so that they can have their pockets, what was the charge made by him.
And they have a strong unity line they will surround all the auto supporters, Can you share some conversation happened with them, which will be funny to hear i guess.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I'm still confused [:D]

You got the car at 8:00 from the service center , went to the highway at 10:00 right. So in between 8-10 you got the brakes repaired again from the mechanic ?

Thread Starter #44
These Auto guys will be waiting for these instances to happen so that they can have their pockets, what was the charge made by him.
And they have a strong unity line they will surround all the auto supporters, Can you share some conversation happened with them, which will be funny to hear i guess.
Haha,the auto rick driver was more scared of if I ask him to pay.
As soon as the car struck the auto from behind,its nose which was in the right suddenly turned towards left..[lol]
After that I just came out,silently picked up all the maal-paani of my car and kept it in the boot.
Passengers and driver were saying something and were abusing too.
Then I closed the boot,gave a glare to them and then laughed and asked the driver to leave saying "Jaa,nahi lena tujhse kharcha mujhe(leave,I won't make you pay)".And left the spot..

I'm still confused [:D]

You got the car at 8:00 from the service center , went to the highway at 10:00 right. So in between 8-10 you got the brakes repaired again from the mechanic ?
Buddy,at 10:30 I left my place and met accident at about 11:20 and got the car repaired at about 11:45 at a small 24X7 truckers workshop at the byepass near NH-58.
Amazingly the truck mechanic did quite good job and knew everything about the disc brakes,although he charged me quite high but still he understood my problem,was really very helpful and did the job for me,else no cars are repaired there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom