Met an Accident (Brake Failure) Due to Service Center’s Fault. Now What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For quite some time, I am waiting for Vipul to reply.

First things first, looking at the damages, I am hoping that you are ok. About your car, Toyota has to take care of it and bring it back to OE condition. It is their responsibility.

O.T. :- How you took your car to your home without Breaks?
Not an OT:Maybe he would have towed the car.

Vipul its really sad man, Get this issue to the HO, only then you might seek their attention, not expected from a "Quality Revolution" company.

The damage seems to be more and the whole part should be replaced, won't there be a color difference after replacement of that fender/body?

Fazer

Suspended
Vishwas, He might have used Engine Braking.

Yes, There would be paint color differences in the parts.

Hope, The altis would be back in shape soon.

Vipul firstly hope you are doing well, i am shocked to read this, sounds like sheer negligence on part of the dealership, also you shouldn't have accepted the part that brakes will improve with time (it wasnt assembled under water!) .

please pursue the matter seriously with the dealership but also drop a note to Toyota highlighting the seriousness of the matter - but most importantly take care.

I think the lesson for all of us is to always be convinced about the brakes first thing you move out of a dealership.

350Z

Core Team
The damage seems to be more and the whole part should be replaced, won't there be a color difference after replacement of that fender/body?
Yes, There would be paint color differences in the parts.
The difference between shade can be reduced to an extent by paint color matching. This car will look as good as it was earlier.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #21
Okay guys,so here goes the complete story.I hope this will solve all the queries:-

By 10:30 after having my dinner I got the luggage loaded in my car and left.Soon I was on the empty city roads and was moving at a quite slow pace of about 30-40 kph because on my every trip I spend first 20-30 minutes driving slowly and let my food digest and relax..[lol].After that I press the gas tightly on reaching the NH 58.

Soon I realised that the brakes are continuously getting weakened and this made me a bit more cautious and hence I kept moving on 40 kph.Soon I was about to climb the NH-58 and hence started pressing the gas.
I was doing about 40 kph and then I shifted down to second and pressed the gas and turned on the NH.
Now I was slowly slowly speeding up and the car was somewhere in the north of 140 that one truck in front changed the lane and hence I braked and found that it has further weakened and then I slowly slowly applied the brakes and brought my car to 70 kph and then I thought that I'll get the car checked at a service center which was about 17 kilometers away.And started moving continuously at 50 kph with my hazard lights on.

Then I again left the NH to check out the workshop and found it closed.Now I called my chauffy and told him everything and he gave me a strict instruction of not to drive the car any more and either leave the car at the place or return back home at 20 kph.And hence I called my friend and asked him to bring his car at a mid spot from where we could change the cars and I'd have left for Jaipur.

For returning I again headed towards the NH and suddenly evil took over my head and I decided to move towards a workshop which was on my way back.This time I noticed that brakes have weakened a bit too much and hence I asked my friend to reach the workshop and I moved on.Again the NH-58 flyover was just visible and dunno why but I accelerated slightly above 40 kph.Then I spotted a three-wheeler moving just in front of my car and the driver suddenly changed the lane.

Issue was that I gave extreme steering input applying the brakes but now the brakes were just gone,simply no brakes..
I could have saved the collision but there was an another car coming from another side and road was a dual carriageway.So I again turned towards the three wheeler and pulled my handbrake with full force,then I heard a noise like metal breaks.

I came out and found everything broken,then I picked up the fender and it cut my hand.After that I kept the ORVM,Fender and some small plastic parts in the boot and made a phone call to my friend and asked him to come to the workshop soon without mentioning him about the incident.
Then the three wheeler passengers came to me and started throwing abusive words etc etc.After that I asked the auto guy to leave silently and without even talking to anyone I too left.

Soon I was at the workshop and got the brakes fluid filled(there was no brake fluid in the brake line) and air removed from the pipes.
After that everything was okay,but as a precaution I just cancelled my plan and returned back home.

Some more pics of the car:-
Front bumper with pain of three wheeler:-
3.JPG

Front door was just gone..and couldn't be closed any more:-
5.JPG

Front was still intact:-
6.JPG

All the maal-paani in boot:-
8.JPG

Attachments

OUCH!!!!!! To bad a sight for one's car buddy. Nice to know that you are fine. But, I am really not able to digest that this all happened at 40kmph specially the tear in the metal sheet in one of the pics you have posted in opening post. Also, it was very wise of you to not get into any commotion at such an hour of the day. Nice cool head despite seeing such a state of the car. When are you taking it to A$$?

freakdude.

350Z

Core Team
Soon I realised that the brakes are continuously getting weakened
..and hence I braked and found that it has further weakened and then I slowly slowly applied the brakes
This time I noticed that brakes have weakened a bit too much and hence I asked my friend to reach the workshop
You should have stopped on the spot at a safe location after suspecting something fishy about those brakes and called up Toyota road side assistance.

Soon I was at the workshop and got the brakes fluid filled(there was no brake fluid in the brake line) and air removed from the pipes.
Exactly same was the case with me. Please ensure to check under the hood / tyres etc. before starting off for a long trip. Hope the car recovers soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Fazer

Suspended
Ohh! That was carelessness of the A.S.S. They must have checked the Brake Fluid.

And, Why did the Auto guys abused you? He changed lane. It was his mistake. I would have sent back some 4-5 friendly gaalis from my side also!

Anyways, I guess the auto must have got lesser damage (As they are always embedded with Steel Guards all around!). It would be a CNG! (Seeing the paint on the fender : Green and White) :lol!:

So, Have you given the car for repair?

There was a similar issue of brakes not working on time in Toyota Fortuner and was rectified by Toyota itself by calling Fortuner owners for rectification of the issue.

Vipul, Drive Safe![:)]

Last edited:
Vipul if what you said is correct, you should give the car for a complete inspection. If the brake fluid is leaking or the level is low, the indicator on the ins.cluster should come on. And if there's something wrong with the system, the ABS indicator should come on too. I assume that both didn't happen in your case. So you may need to get that checked first.

Thread Starter #26
What happened at A.S.S today?

At exact 10:30 I reached the Toyota A.S.S. with my friend and very calmly reached the GM of the dealership without talking to anyone.
In fact the customer service manager tried to talk to us in the way,but i simply ignored him(controlling my hands-thanks to friend)and directly reached GM.

Now the conversation with GM went on this way:-
I: I.
F:Friend.
G:GM.
CS:Customer service manager.

GM:Yes.
F:Yesterday brakes of our car were repaired and failed at the end.
G:Sir how it is possible?
I:I have drank the brake fluid and tried to kill myself.
G:Sir calm down...and called the customer service manager.
CS:Sir,its impossible that brake fluid was lost.
I:I am saying na you,I have drank it and now ..say thanks that not done on your face.
F:Calm down everyone and call the SA and the guy who serviced the car.
Soon the SA and the guy arrived....

CS:Sir is saying the brake fluid was not in the car.
SA:No sir,it was full.
I full of anger asked them to come to the car...
Now I,friend,GM,SA,CSM and the guy reached the car.

GM:Its a very heavy damage.
I:Toh tujhe kya mein bawla dikhta hun(So I look mad to you).
CSM:Sir,cool down,we will get it checked,but you must have brought the car to us instead of any local mechanic.

Full of anger I threw the keys at him and just said "".

Now ignoring everyone I just kept on throwing abusive language to those guys and kept on doing it...soon friend too accompanied me and soon there were more than 30 people to see what's the matter.Now we people reached the service area and GM told me that:-
Sir you give your insurance papers,you don't have to pay even a single penny(My insurance is also zero depreciation) and we will give you free Q-service package too and the malfunctioning discs and all four pads will be replaced by us for free,you just don't do any e-mail,its better if we solve the matter here only.But now leave the case.You are safe and alive,that's enough for us.

Soon I was also quite satisfied by their overall attitude and seriously I didn't wanted to eat up the job of any person.So I settled the matter and let the car go for repair..
Things replaced will be:
Front bumper,Front door,side panel,complete brake line,both rear discs and all four brake pads.

Here are two pics:
Image1921.jpg
Image1922.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, but do you want to take a hit on your insurance/NCB (even if its zero dep)?
You should push them hard to do it on their own cost!

Hmm, but do you want to take a hit on your insurance/NCB (even if its zero dep)?
It's unfair to take a hit on your insurance part, thanks to their fault you ended up here now you are without car till they repair it and to top it all they want to use the insurance money, not fair ask them sternly, to take full responsibility of their fault and completely overhaul the car without claiming the Insurance.

Sad to hear that Vipul.

Anyways, its a respite that no one is injured.
Wish you safe drive in future buddy.

Iron Rock is right, why would you even pay the minimum amount (I think its now gone up to 2000 bucks) for repair under insurance?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom