Mercedes Benz Unveils E-Class Facelift

Thread Starter #1
There can be no argument that the Mercedes-Benz E-Class is a handsome sedan, but some changes are underway to make the 2013 model more striking.
Mercedes-Benz is giving their E-Class wagon a facelift. The 2013 model year wagon will sport a single headlight styling instead of the previous year's split design. This should provide a sleeker look and they will feature the integrated LED daytime driving lights which make the move up from the front bumper.The front bumper along with the rear bumper will both be revised by the German automaker as well, with the rear receiving new graphics for the taillights.

Even though this test mule is caught in the wagon form the design changes will be passed on to all other variant's, expect this model to be launched by this year end and we can hope the same to be launched on our shores by mid 2013.

Attachments

Re: Mercedes Benz Secretly Planning E-Class Facelift

I think it will be going the new C-Class way. It seems E Class will get similar front lamps like the new C-Class.

Looks like they have taken a cue from the C Class,looks like the sedan will be finally getting a big Merc emblem grill where as only the coupe had it before!

Looks like they have taken a cue from the C Class,looks like the sedan will be finally getting a big Merc emblem grill where as only the coupe had it before!
Nah, E & S shall continue to have it on bonnet too. It looks fantastic there.
Here are some pics doing the rounds of new E Class -

Attachments

Nah, E & S shall continue to have it on bonnet too. It looks fantastic there.
Here are some pics doing the rounds of new E Class -
Thats looks like a bad photoshop job of someones imagination pretty sure thats all it is,even from the video it appears they have taken a cue from the latest c class headlight & merged it with some upgrades,only time will tell.

Thanks for the update buddy. The new design is somehow not getting down my throat. The thick chrome border of the grill is looking hideous to me. As for the signature logo, i always loved it on the hood on E Class:smile:.

I feel the daytime running lamps dont look that impressive or look chessy but cant comment until we see one in the flesh,
a family friend had picked up the 2012 w212 top the of line & i noticed the drl have been changed(before it was boomerang shaped ones) which i have circled in pic to give the car a balanced look of class & aggression and i must say it made everyone who saw it pretty happy,the car had a black panaromic sunroof which looked amazing on the white car
29112012960edit.jpg

but i feel now the new update/facelift is all aggression.

Last edited:

I think the new update is a fail. Mercs new design language does not suit the Eclass and looks quite odd to me. Even the new ML and GL look hideous to me.

Need to wait till it is seen in flesh. Pics can be misguiding.

Unveiled: The all new Mercedes-Benz E-Class

The new Mercedes E-Class has been finally unveiled after hordes of teasers and leaked shots. The first apparent change is the headlamps. There is a choice of two grilles with the luxury version sporting a three-piece grille with the Merc logo perched atop the bonnet while the sport edition has a two-bar grille with the three-pointed star emblem nestled between them. Mercedes has ditched the four headlamp cluster in favour of a single all-LED unit. The dashboard has a new instrument cluster and design for the head unit. There are a host of safety systems on offer, most borrowed from the upcoming S-Class.[clap] The lower front fascia has two air scoops which look aggressive. It also includes a radar-based collision control system and a 3D stereo multi-purpose camera which can detect objects at a distance of up to 1650 feet. Amongst the engine options, there is a 4-cylinder 193PS diesel engine which will be mated to the 4-Matic all-wheel drive system. The German automaker has incorporated minor changes at the back by including new exhaust tips and a re-profiled tail lamp cluster. The standard E-class range will be provided with just one petrol engine in two states of tune. The turbocharged 2.0-litre unit is accessible with 181bhp in the E200 and 208bhp in the E250. A third petrol option will also be included in the forthcoming E63 AMG, which is said to be offered with an additional increase over the 518bhp of the current twin-turbo 5.5-litre V8. Two carried-over diesels is also planned to be offered, which will be a 2.1-litre four-cylinder with 134bhp in the E200 CDI, 168bhp in the E220 CDI and 201bhp in the E250 CDI, and a 3.0-litre V6 with 248bhp in the E350. The revised E-class will also come with new safety systems which will include a radar-based collision warning system and Collision Prevention Assist. Distronic Plus with Steering Assist and Brake Assist Plus with Junction Assist are the new improved optional systems included.[:D] Whether or not the all-wheel drive version will come to India is still not clear.

Source - Multiple sources.

Apart from this, more details are here -

Official 2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class World Premiere | eMercedesBenz

Attachments

Top Bottom