Merc Stops Production of CLS, New Model Coming!

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
It was only yesterday when I posted a piece of news about BMW shutting down the production of legendary M6, Here comes another similar news again, but from Mercedes Benz, which are stopping the production of CLS Class for the very same reason which BMW told – New model coming up shortly.

DSC00701.jpg
DSC00685.jpg
DSC00693.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

AMG

Suspended
Why is only 1 light working in the 1st pic?
And I will prefer M6 to the AMG if BMW doesnt goof up, like it did to the 5.
:offtopic:
Sorry Username

Yes regarding the light if i remember and if i am right RSM has said that feature is there in Punto too! So can we expect heavy discounts on the outgoing model?

Yes regarding the light if i remember and if i am right RSM has said that feature is there in Punto too! So can we expect heavy discounts on the outgoing model?
People may rush to buy the last pieces produced, so I think no discounts.
EDIT: This light feature is to make cars to wink? :biggrin:

Well good news for people who were planning to go for a CLS since now there must be good discounts on it.

Thread Starter #7

350Z

Core Team
These are not like our regular family cars on which carmaker will offer some hefty discounts if it's phasing out. I think that's a rumor, who spread that?

Drive Safe,
350Z

These are not like our regular family cars on which carmaker will offer some hefty discounts if it's phasing out. I think that's a rumor, who spread that?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Not even a small discount? Then whats the use of getting an old model until the neww model costs more than the current one.

Thread Starter #9

350Z

Core Team
I'm especially referring to cooldhaya's post who mentioned the word - "Heavy".

Drive Safe,
350Z

Truly heart-breaking news this. First the BMW M6, then this. I cannot explain my pain through this post. The CLS was one of the few Mercs I really ever liked, and now that it's gone, I feel incredibly sad. I adore this particular CLS-Class and will always do. All I can do is look forward to the next-gen CLS, and hope it will be even better. Though my heart says otherwise.

If there was or will ever be one Merc saloon I'd buy, it will be this CLS. That's a given. In AMG spec. Nothing beats that!

@350Z So, is CLS 63 AMG the older model or the one coming in? Because they're still promoting it on their website. I have to admit, I'm not much of a CLS fan so not too sure about that class of cars.

i think they are promoting because they want to sell those remaining cars. because complete cls class will get makeover..

@Akash, @350Z, @ cooldhaya I had to find out for myself so I asked around. And this news seems to be correct. One friend of mine checked out the E-Class Coupe and the CLS and was offered CLS at 69.5 lacs by the Mumbai dealership. Sounds like a good deal to me but I'm not sure what to tell him. What do you guys suggest?

AMG

Suspended
Definitely the CLS
Just because of the exclusivity.
The E- coupe will look just like another E class

Top Bottom