Cyrus Mistry: Former Tata Sons Chairman [RIP]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
This is a big move! But personally what I feel is, one who has managed to create the entire brand and the whole empire of TATA i.e Shri Ratan TATA ji, knows what's best for his brand. Also, we as professionals should also agree with and understand the fact that TATA brand is not just about Cars and Heavy Commercial Vehicles, the business of it is spread in every field hence, the decision which is taken is taken after considering what is best for the brand / group as a whole and not just one part i.e TATA Motors. Business is not dependent on one individual or just one field of operation. One has to see the big picture and keep the interest of entire group in mind when taking such important and big decisions which I believe a veteran industrialist like Shri TATA ji has ably done. Whether this decision will have positive or negative impact on Hexa launch or Nexon Launch or Kite 5 launch is totally immaterial at present in front of the big business house and business model like that of TATA brand. I have great respect for Shri Ratan Tata ji and wish him good luck for the future.

Regards

Akash

Mefeels, Ratan Tata never bothered about the brand image, rather he believes in retaining the old veterans & appeasement of the factory workers irrespective of performance.

what i can tell you all from the insider information i know of is that lately in tata motors there is a huge pressure mounted for the workers to work hard ,and vendors to deliver quality products(away from what many workers treated it like government owned company no matter what they will pass their life there).so for a minute when i heard that i felt like there will be good times for tata and we see better products started coming out of the belt.But all of a sudden if things like this happen( now i suspect if desi vendors who don't perform will be tolerated and i don't want to see those quality less products again from tata)then i feel like things may go back to previous levels

Last edited:
what i can tell you all from the insider information i know of is that lately in tata motors there is a huge pressure mounted for the workers to work hard ,and vendors to deliver quality products(away from what many workers treated it like government owned company no matter what they will pass their life there).so for a minute when i heard that i felt like there will be good times for tata and we see better products started coming out of the belt.But all of a sudden if things like this happen( now i suspect if desi vendors who don't perform will be tolerated and i don't want to see those quality less products again from tata)then i feel like things may go back to previous levels
hahahahahaha, This is bull crap. TATA motors is not TATA group. period.

TATA when they entered passenger cars segment, there were no components manufacturers (experienced enough) in India. So they had to source what was available. And remember TATAs quality was not bad for the time. And to meet the demands, they had to do what they did. Now with leading global players in India, TATA has no obligation to stick with "desi" vendors unless the required qualities are met. So agitating vendors cannot have any say on sacking/resignation of the chairman.

If the TATA board has taken this decision, then there has to be a big issue. As news trickles in, Corus and Docomo debacle is coming through. Also some noise about lack of interest shown in struggling entities (same two names).

We have to wait and see what happens in courts to know the real reason.

Maybe cyrus mistry was deviating from the core values of tata group and was also micro managing which is not in longer interests of the group. I feel tata needs a chairmain who is experienced and outside the family to run such a huge empire

Tata Motors is Just a small part of Tata group from Tata Steel.

The decisions over vendor management & work in Tata motors are governed by the MD of TML(Tata motors Ltd) not the Chairman of the group and Rattan Tata is a strong believer of giving full powers to the MD's of the company than micromanaging any manager/MD/Head.

Coming back to Cyrus Mistry - As told, he was not interested in the companies/division which were not making money and we know that Tata group is known for people first than money minting company.

I think Noel Tata would be the successor in coming times [;)]

This is a big move! But personally what I feel is, one who has managed to create the entire brand and the whole empire of TATA i.e Shri Ratan TATA ji, knows what's best for his brand. Also, we as professionals should also agree with and understand the fact that TATA brand is not just about Cars and Heavy Commercial Vehicles, the business of it is spread in every field hence, the decision which is taken is taken after considering what is best for the brand / group as a whole and not just one part i.e TATA Motors. Business is not dependent on one individual or just one field of operation. One has to see the big picture and keep the interest of entire group in mind when taking such important and big decisions which I believe a veteran industrialist like Shri TATA ji has ably done. Whether this decision will have positive or negative impact on Hexa launch or Nexon Launch or Kite 5 launch is totally immaterial at present in front of the big business house and business model like that of TATA brand. I have great respect for Shri Ratan Tata ji and wish him good luck for the future.

Regards

Akash
Dear Akash, I guess you need to step back a few generations- it was JRD Tata who really built the Tata brand since the 1940s. Ratan Tata did build it further on and enriched the legacy, but he is by no means the original. All those values/people-centric approach was cultivated by JRD. And he was also an accomplished aviator, who literally bottle-fed Air India into a world class product till the mid-70s, after which it has been swirling in a turbulent mess.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Dear Akash, I guess you need to step back a few generations- it was JRD Tata who really built the Tata brand since the 1940s. Ratan Tata did build it further on and enriched the legacy, but he is by no means the original. All those values/people-centric approach was cultivated by JRD.
I agree with you buddy. After Mr. JRD TATA, Mr. Ratan TATA has been the face of TATA Group until 2012. He is the one who inherited what Mr. JRD TATA built and after Mr. JRD TATA, he is the only one who actually knows what in true sense would benefit his group/company. So, this decision which has been taken I believe is well thought of.

Regards

Akash

Maybe cyrus mistry was deviating from the core values of tata group and was also micro managing which is not in longer interests of the group. I feel tata needs a chairmain who is experienced and outside the family to run such a huge empire
I completely agree. for TATA's, values are of utmost important than money.
Maybe most of people don't know Tata Sons donate 65% of there profits as Charity.

hahahahahaha, This is bull crap. TATA motors is not TATA group. period..
Better read it clearly as i did not mention i was writing insider info about latest battle between mistry and TATA sons.i have mentioned only about the state of the things that i came to know in TATA motors under misery's leadership of the TATA group.[glasses]

Top Bottom