Maruti's New Zen Estilo is Here.

I didn't feel any wow factors after checking out the WOW car in the site ! [frustration]

Except headlights no major difference in Exterior.

Digital Fuel Indicator is Good!

I am just wondering how MSIL can under estimate Indians [confused] Are we fools or what! [frustration] This car is a good one for sure. But this is not keeping up to the expectations they have set!

Thread Starter #37
there's nothing much to talk about the new estilo, yes new headlamps which were nothing appealing and to say for it, interiors are too indicating some minor changes and i dont feel anything like WOW as maruti did.[lol!]

350Z

Core Team
Today morning, Maruti guys came with the New Zen Estilo for a demo, But couldn't check it out because of hurry in the morning, Let's if they come on weekend now.

350Z

Thread Starter #39
well the cuteness is gone which was still available with older estilo, and coming months when maruti would launch New WagonR would again kill this new estilo;s sales which didnt do any good in its older version of Estilo nor does this time too.

350Z

Core Team
well the cuteness is gone which was still available with older estilo, and coming months when maruti would launch New WagonR would again kill this new estilo;s sales which didnt do any good in its older version of Estilo nor does this time too.
Cute? Didn't looked to me so.
As I said in my previous post, It was very much "Girlish" car + thanks to the pink color and men looked funny driving it.

About the New Wagon-R, It may still sell because Maruti is very smart when it comes to pricing, So there are less chances of confliction between the two models.

350Z

I have driven the car. The K-series engine has been tuned in an awesome manner. It puts out 68 BHP and revs upto 6200 RPM. The engine hesitates a slight bit and then, it shoots off like a rocket. The pick up is awesome fun with a very enthusiastic midrange and good top end grunt. Its pretty drivable in city traffic too. You can shift up early and still, the car will keep moving ahead smartly. But then, the freeness of the engine just begs to be exploited, and hence, I only did so. The engine didn't feel stressed like a new engine does before being run in. Traffic light racing is fun with this car.

They also told me that the suspension has been changed. I think it was better than the older Estilo, but can't give a total reassurance because I didn't go on rough roads and being in the city, couldn't do the slalom test either. But for city use, I found it good enough. The steering was good too with decent weightage and responsiveness. I doesn't weigh up much with speed though. The area of concern were the brakes, which lacked bite and were very hard. It required an unusually hard shove to bring to a halt.

The gearshift was nice. It had slightly longer throws than a Swift or an A-Star. But swapping those cogs were easy and effortless. Its way ahead of the older Estilo in terms of ease of use. The reverse gear doesn't baulk either.

Other changes include color coded interiors with dual tone finish, digital fuel indicator, front headlamps and tail lamps, fog lamps, front grill, etc. Interior quality is decent at best and built quality is tinny compared to Spark. But then, its awesome fun in the city and That is its USP.

Thread Starter #42
Nice to hear this from you mate, i thought its lower torque isnt that peppy to drive in lower gear ratios where it needs to change frequently, overall yes it might be a better product then Astar in looks but still i believe WagonR would be better to this new estilo anyday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom