Maruti's New Versa a.k.a Eeco, Now Driven!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What i do not understand is the price.I have heard from two sources,two different stories.One claims that the price would be cheaper than the innova-around 5-6lakhs.The other very reputed source says that it is going to be priced under 3 lakhs!Who is correct?
Anyway this van looks yuk!!
Only if the latter is correct, it'll sell.

Thread Starter #33

350Z

Core Team
APV to wear Rs.4 Lakhs Price Tag

There are no chances of this van being sold below Rs.3 Lakh Tag. Read this Article from Indian Autos Blog.

It seems Maruti Suzuki’s MPV that will replace Versa will be priced at around 4 lakh rupees. The new model will be unveiled at the Auto Expo in January next year. While sources have indicated it is a refurbished Suzuki APV which already sells in Pakistan, Australia and other nations, no official word from Maruti has been reported.

Maruti Suzuki spokesperson -

The new van will sport a new engine with new transmission, priced aggressively in the market and compatible to Bharat Stage IV emission norms

At 4 lakh rupees, one wonders if Maruti can afford to use a diesel engine. The model discussed here is most likely to be a petrol variant. To challenge Xylo, Innova and Tavera, Maruti needs to come up with a diesel variant as the above models all sell only due to the diesel engine factor.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #34

350Z

Core Team
Maruti Suzuki's upcoming 7 Seater MPV will be called as "Eco" and It's going to be showcased on 2010 Auto Expo.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I couldn't find any changes in the overall looks or interiors!

Why Maruti is making fool of itself in releasing these cars ?

Yes it is confirmed that Eeco is replcement for Versa.

Economictimes
The company is all set to launch a new multi-purpose vehicle Eeco at the Auto Expo that it hopes will sell around 40000 units annually . The Eeco, that has a 1.2-litre petrol engine, is a replacement of the Versa model that had failed to impress the market since its launch in 2001. The Eeco, that will be available in five and seven-seater versions, is expected to be priced around Rs 3-3 .5 lakh while the phased out Versa costed upwards of Rs 3.5 lakh. Maruti had stopped production of Versa three months ago.

“We had tried selling the vehicle as a luxury model, which was wrong. Based on feedbacks, we have now positioned the vehicle just above the Omni,” Srivastava said. Maruti may launch a CNG variant of the Eeco later, targetting the taxi segment, managing executive officer (engineering) I V Rao said.

Thread Starter #41

350Z

Core Team
Eek-oh!

Eeco, Eh....
....And we thought it would be the new APV.
Seriously, This is a shocker for me as well as others who had much higher hopes from Maruti Suzuki. Eeco is nothing but a very minor upgrade of Versa and the name "versa is much better than "Eeco" but however after observing the condition of age-ing "Versa" brand in market this became a necessary move. What all differences I'm able to spot in these pictures are -:

- New Head Lamps
- New Grille
- Wheel Caps
- Improved Trims on Dashboard

Let's wait and watch what response this one gets from our market.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I don't thnk its an upgrade, they have de-graded the vehicle to reduce cost.[thumbsdown]
Read below line
We had tried selling the vehicle as a luxury model, which was wrong. Based on feedbacks, we have now positioned the vehicle just above the Omni.

Thread Starter #43

350Z

Core Team
Vera? Luxury Model?
They must be kidding. Maruti Suzuki is old and mature enough to understand Indian Automobile Market. Surprisingly they are not getting hold of this segment.

Drive Safe,
350Z

MSIL launched Versa as a luxury vehicle? I wonder how do they do research and analysis.

The less price of Versa will sell better than before for a while. But it could do decently if it gets a diesel engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom